1. Post #761
    tso
    May 2011
    1,181 Posts

katar and jutte

definitively ditching jutte

was going to be angry khopesh, then realized he basically already has one

i'll square an angry looking one off ; that should work

btw ( just got sdk stuff working today ) is there any way to preview items in game, or are mods not supported? flipped through the thread but didn't see mention

edit - shit! i'm pageking!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    961 Posts

Addressed the bracers and the shield today.
    Man that looks absolutely beautiful, are you gonna make any normal maps for it? If not, add Sparkwire on steam, he'll make some for you.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/sparkwire/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #763
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,355 Posts
    Hmmmh... Anyone got Phantom Assassin decompiled? The model pack by theCommie doesnt include her
    and I cant decompile her myself while others work fine...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

4. Post #764
    May 2012
    125 Posts
    BloodYScar, I went back to check my pack and sure enough - in my haste to upload and being somewhat delirious after so much monotonous decompiling, I forgot to zip about half the hero models!

*UPDATED LINK*

Should include every hero now (The only exclusion is Puck, which StudioCompiler absolutely refused to decompile without crashing.) - I suggest for anyone else to re-download as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #765
    August 2011
    1,599 Posts
    BloodYScar, I went back to check my pack and sure enough - in my haste to upload and being somewhat delirious after so much monotonous decompiling, I forgot to zip about half the hero models!

*UPDATED LINK*

Should include every hero now (The only exclusion is Puck, which StudioCompiler absolutely refused to decompile without crashing.) - I suggest for anyone else to re-download as well.
    I thought I was the only one missing some heroes :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,355 Posts
    Thanks, appreciate it Commie!

My very first try at actually drawing something with a tablet, what do you guys think? Tits are kinda fucked up

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #767
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,065 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

8. Post #768
    April 2011
    6,239 Posts
    After snipering all pages I noticed a distinct lack of Silencer items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,065 Posts
    After snipering all pages I noticed a distinct lack of Silencer items.
    I had plans for one, haven't made it yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,011 Posts
    -snip-

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,065 Posts
    Anyone notice the Divine Skeleton King set is incompatible?

I'm sad.
    it wasn't that great

also I forgot how annoying it is to texture blood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

12. Post #772
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,757 Posts

Addressed the bracers and the shield today.
    This is very nice.
    Question: are you gonna add stuff to the chestplate? It's the only thing looking bland, the rest of the set is amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,011 Posts
    it wasn't that great

Nevermind, they got it fixed.

Perhaps make the blood you know...a little more blood colored?

14. Post #774
    April 2011
    6,239 Posts
    I had plans for one, haven't made it yet
    You have the right idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

15. Post #775
    January 2010
    3,156 Posts
    Some stuff for Chaos Knight

The shield was an obvious idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

16. Post #776
    April 2012
    85 Posts
    This is very nice.
    Question: are you gonna add stuff to the chestplate? It's the only thing looking bland, the rest of the set is amazing
    Thanks a lot! I wasn't planning on adding to the chest, 'cause the chestplate is the standard Dragonknight texture. It just isn't doing all the fancy crap that they do in-game.

As far as normal maps go, I'm makin' 'em now :) I was trying some new things, and am now regretting it. Oh well, doesn't reaaaally matter. Never making them this way again.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    October 2011
    254 Posts
    it wasn't that great

I had no idea Bounty even had a mouth under his drape, I learnt something today. So they lipsynched the original model in the hope someone would make a maskless version?

Now that looks awesome. Whats the polycount?

Some stuff for Chaos Knight

The shield was an obvious idea.
    With Chaos Knight I am looking forward to whoever can do a matching helmet replacement for both him and his horse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #778

June 2012
    2 Posts

Just some drawn-on chest thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,065 Posts
    I've been drawing some concepts for a large chaos knight set. May post some tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    tso
    May 2011
    1,181 Posts

yay or nay on the turban

maybe some hanging jewelry or whatnot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,932 Posts
    Maybe a bandana not unlike the one he wears around his mouth, instead over his head?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #782
    I don't always look faggots in the eyes, but I'm doing it right now.
    July 2010
    490 Posts

+

You know someone's gonna make it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Saudi Arabia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #783
    May 2012
    125 Posts
    Whew, finally baked out all the maps! Will start texturing tomorrow.

Learned a painful lesson in building to Dota 2 specs: cylinders and spheres chew up the tiny poly budget like crazy, and look bad at low subdivisions.

Had to sacrifice some of the cuffs' profile as a result. =\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,974 Posts
    Whew, finally baked out all the maps! Will start texturing tomorrow.

Learned a painful lesson in building to Dota 2 specs: cylinders and spheres chew up the tiny poly budget like crazy, and look bad at low subdivisions.

Had to sacrifice some of the cuffs' profile as a result. =\
    They're going to be so small in-game, I might not've even bothered with modelling out the spheres and left it all to the normal map. Hell, it's what I did with the tegu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #785
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    I'm not really happy with how my impression of chen/zeus is going so I might try something different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

26. Post #786
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,102 Posts
    Not enough Windrunner items being made. I should really start making them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

27. Post #787
    January 2011
    1,593 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #788
    April 2012
    85 Posts
    Now that looks awesome. Whats the polycount?
    Thanks! The shield is 212 tris.

29. Post #789
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,798 Posts
    I still think someone should make a turban for shadow shaman, and in the front, it'd have either a small version of those planks he has, or a yellow cobra
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

30. Post #790

June 2012
    15 Posts

Pretty much happy with the helm. Now to finish the rest of the set.
    Hey, if you have some time I think you ought to make the pattern stand out more, it might not appear very well in portrait or in-game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,355 Posts

what do you think?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,717 Posts

what do you think?!
    Maybe if it was a closed-face helm? That way you could so fire and smoke coming out of the openings. Would be neat.
    And maybe something for horns or bat wings or something on the helmet. It looks odd cause it makes you see how tiny his head is, when before he had the cool horns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #793
    June 2012
    2 Posts
    Out of interest, when I submit an item does it need to be skinned to the rig and animated or do valve sort that stuff out themselves? Can I submit a model that is just a hat model, for example, and assume somebody is going to figure out that it belongs atop the heroes head?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #794
    May 2012
    125 Posts
    So far no one has given a clear answer. Since Valve hasn't released any SDK tools, its impossible to preview rigged sub-models without the CS:GO model viewer.

If anything, TF2 has proven just how inattentive people at Valve can get with models, rigging and texture issues and all.

Your best bet is to indicate to the best of your ability (pictures, private developer workshop comments, prototype rigging if you think you know how it will turn out, WORDS, etc.) where and how the items are supposed to fit. Anything to make it as easy to understand, test, and rework the least amount as possible.

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    I'm not really happy with how my impression of chen/zeus is going so I might try something different.
    You sound like a Yu-Gi-Oh character, from the old show
    I can't believe that's what came to mind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,994 Posts
    So far no one has given a clear answer. Since Valve hasn't released any SDK tools, its impossible to preview rigged sub-models without the CS:GO model viewer.

If anything, TF2 has proven just how inattentive people at Valve can get with models, rigging and texture issues and all.

Your best bet is to indicate to the best of your ability (pictures, private developer workshop comments, prototype rigging if you think you know how it will turn out, WORDS, etc.) where and how the items are supposed to fit. Anything to make it as easy to understand, test, and rework the least amount as possible.

Alien Swarm SDK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #797
    October 2009
    192 Posts
    So after finding this discussion thread, It doesn't look like I can make a full item set for Enchantress:
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/d...644/?appid=570

The maximum tri counts budget for hero+items being LOD0 7,000 and LOD1 3,000.

Enchantress' LOD0 model alone is 6,600 Polys! Enchantress + my Helmet barely scratches the budget at 6,920 polys. To even attempt to make anything else would just pile on more polys on the budget. I guess i could try to make really, really, optimized models but that would be a challenge in itself. And that polycount isn't including the spear whose LOD0 is 1,140 polys? So that plus the original Enchantress model exceeds the 7,000 poly budget. Huh?

Here's hoping Valve gets a SDK/Documentation out to iron out all these concerns.

38. Post #798

June 2012
    15 Posts
    So after finding this discussion thread, It doesn't look like I can make a full item set for Enchantress:
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/d...644/?appid=570

The maximum tri counts budget for hero+items being LOD0 7,000 and LOD1 3,000.

Enchantress' LOD0 model alone is 6,600 Polys! Enchantress + my Helmet barely scratches the budget at 6,920 polys. To even attempt to make anything else would just pile on more polys on the budget. I guess i could try to make really, really, optimized models but that would be a challenge in itself. And that polycount isn't including the spear whose LOD0 is 1,140 polys? So that plus the original Enchantress model exceeds the 7,000 poly budget. Huh?

Here's hoping Valve gets a SDK/Documentation out to iron out all these concerns.
    It's hard to say, OmniKnight's default set is over the 7k and 3k limits, and even more so if you include the wings. If the 'combiner' won't work if models exceed these limits, then how do the default ones work?

Foe says
    About Polybudgets, It is under the sole discretion of the designer and the team of how much tolerance is given to items with certain polycounts
    So maybe as long as the texture limit isn't breached, the tri count can go over.

It feels like Valve is hinting that cosmetic items should replace items that the characters already have on them, so instead of making a new piece of armour to go on OmniKnight, you'd be making something like a bracer which will completely replace the bracer he's already wearing. It feels limiting though, will have to see what happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #799
    June 2012
    83 Posts
    I'm Trying to create a Queen of Pain set, i'm starting with a viper helm, my intention is to create a long hair version for her inside the viper spine
    but i'm having trouble with the number of polygons, i've just started to create the helm and there are 400 polygons already:
    [hero+items: 6-7k for the portrait and 3-4k triangles in the game]
    Queen of pain has about 4.5k polygons (lod0), so i still have 2.5k polygons to work
    ->Blenders count 4 edges polygons as one polygon, but they are 2 triangles,is there a way to make all the 4+ edges polygons transform into 2+ triangles?
    i'm new in that thing so if someone has a tip for me, i'd be glad
    by now:

I don't know how to resize that img =S sry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #800
    May 2012
    125 Posts
    Alien Swarm SDK.
    Yes, but unless I missed something, the Swarm SDK still can't mount multiple sub-models inside it - so you can't test any custom items' rigging as the model simply doesn't show when loaded as a 'weapon'.

Largs, the spines are way too small - greatly reduce their number and scale them WAY up. These models are gonna be seen from a bird's eye view, so what you currently have will just degenerate into a bunch of shimmery pixels.

Also, generally speaking, 1 polygon = 1 triangle when budgets are concerned, so go by your tricount.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)