1. Post #2681
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,005 Posts
    That looks like dogshit, sorry (juuuust my opinion)
    Ok, what about it makes you think it looks like dogshit? How do you think it can be improved?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #2682
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    791 Posts
    I wanted it to look like battered up metal. I honestly think Z is best for the look I want.
    Lol, good luck with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #2683
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,005 Posts
    Lol, good luck with that.
    I like how it looks so far, what do you think I should do differently? I'm happy with how its going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #2684
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,767 Posts
    I like how it looks so far, what do you think I should do differently? I'm happy with how its going.
    uh, sub-d.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2685
    February 2009
    693 Posts

natures prophet is no match for him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #2686
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,069 Posts

Remember to match the color scheme of the beard so that it doesn't look like it's part of his face. The stock beard does that and looks so odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2687
    July 2012
    16 Posts
    Finished my set, let me know what you all think and vote etc

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #2688
    January 2010
    3,163 Posts
    Do you think Pugna would own a wand modeled after himself?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #2689
    June 2012
    83 Posts

I think that moustache is a little weird =S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

10. Post #2690
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,005 Posts
    sculpting hair is actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2691
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Do you think Pugna would own a wand modeled after himself?

Fits his lore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

12. Post #2692
    May 2011
    2,915 Posts
    sculpting hair is actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
    Could do more development

:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Aruba Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #2693
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,005 Posts
    Could do more development

Defiantly could! Ongoing.

EDIT: done!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #2694
    June 2012
    83 Posts
    someone knows how to add particles to your model?
    my particles are ready but I don't know how to apply it =S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

15. Post #2695
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,412 Posts
    Clickity click

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2696
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,309 Posts
    someone knows how to add particles to your model?
    my particles are ready but I don't know how to apply it =S
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...cles_on_models

Pay close attention to this

"The name of a particle system. NOT the name of a .pcf file!"

So whatever your main particle is with all the children, use that, not the file itself.

Also the doc is still pretty terrible and doesnt explain very good.

In all honesty, just put the particle file in upload, make a README for valve, ask them to do it, just tell them where you want it.

17. Post #2697
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I wanted it to look like battered up metal. I honestly think Z is best for the look I want.

It's just a shame to hear you're going to approach dota2 the same way you do tf2. Pumping out lots of items that could to with more development. Juuust my opinion.

Ok, been working on some new hair for windrunner today, gonna go sculpt it now. Any opinions? It's based off this character from my comic series
    It's honestly pretty bad, but what's worse is that it would be much more fitting for Drow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2698
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,058 Posts
    Wow dude, don't take this the wrong way - your work is great, but it just really, really doesn't fit the character
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #2699
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Hmm, I've done some basic modeling in Sketchup, Sculptris, and Blender.

I've heard that the tools you want to use are Zbrush and 3DS MAX, since they are much more powerful and user friendly. How do you legally get these tools without paying out the ass?

I've heard about the student version of 3DS, but I'm not a college student and don't want to falsify the form because that could cause some serious legal troubles if I ever modeled anything worth making it into the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #2700
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,005 Posts
    Wow dude, don't take this the wrong way - your work is great, but it just really, really doesn't fit the character
    Why does everyone think Drow should have all the cool haircuts? Windrunner is boss, bitch rolls deep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #2701
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Defiantly could! Ongoing.

It's a great model, it just doesn't fit windrunner. It would work much better on Drow, maybe Lanaya.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #2702
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,005 Posts
    It's a great model, it just doesn't fit windrunner. It would work much better on Drow, maybe Lanaya.
    What do you think happens when she uses 'powershot'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #2703
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,309 Posts
    What do you think happens when she uses 'powershot'.
    That it shoots an arrow in a straight line doing damage and taking down trees.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #2704
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,058 Posts
    i could see it working on qop mayhaps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #2705
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,352 Posts
    What about Lina? Almost looks like it could fit her, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2706
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,005 Posts
    I'm starting to think you guys just have a thing against gingers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #2707
    January 2010
    3,163 Posts
    Heard Wisp items were all the rage

and Windrunner items

I need to find a new painting technique, sai's bugging up today. vv

28. Post #2708
    May 2011
    2,915 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Aruba Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #2709
    July 2012
    22 Posts
    I'm starting to think you guys just have a thing against gingers.
    I personally like it, it's differend than most girly hairstyles. If you can make it look like there is a little layer of shaven hair on the left it believe it will look even greater.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #2710
    March 2011
    118 Posts
    Got this one finished and submitted. Tell me what you think, click to vote if you like it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

31. Post #2711
    July 2012
    16 Posts
    Started my concept for an Enigma set, color won't be this flat blue in the end obviously. Still trying to work out a good design for his head piece.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

32. Post #2712
    September 2010
    502 Posts
    Started my concept for an Enigma set, color won't be this flat blue in the end obviously. Still trying to work out a good design for his head piece.

While on the topic of enigma, do you think It would be possible to make his fancy lines/light on his body different as a option to customize him? that could add to some neat ideas.

33. Post #2713
    July 2012
    16 Posts
    While on the topic of enigma, do you think It would be possible to make his fancy lines/light on his body different as a option to customize him? that could add to some neat ideas.
    Probably, the lighting that moves around on his body is part of a seperate _motion vtf that is set to move at a set pace that the user can input in the vmt. And based on the vtf you could do a different color or something. I haven't looked too much into how it all works perfectly yet, I wanted to do this set to get a better understanding of how to utilize masks for the armor since it's perfect for Enigma.

34. Post #2714
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Doesn't work here, go away, we don't need your fake "lol I kno errythin look at mah legos :D" bullshit here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

35. Post #2715
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,046 Posts
    Doesn't work here, go away, we don't need your fake "lol I kno errythin look at mah legos :D" bullshit here.
    Except... he did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #2716
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Except... he did.
    So ? Was his teasing any important ? Yeah he did knew everything, but did he even end up revealing anything before the whole update was released ? No he didn't, he just wasted everybody's time only to make him look important.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

37. Post #2717
    May 2011
    2,915 Posts
    I'm not trying to make myself look important anywhere. You're the one trying to put meaning on my ":)"

Is its bad or ludicrous to be happy?

Also, i ended up not revealing anything is simply because i wasnt online. I'm somewhere else with my family and by the time i came back, there was no point for me to post anything that many people already knew.

Here though at the very least i could see who and how judgmental people are. Labeling me as trying to be "all knowing" with a mere gesture of an emoticon, heck people here already label me as someone who would release under-developed items when in fact i haven't even started yet. Try to examine your morals first before you impose them on other people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2718
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,412 Posts
    if you don't want people to put meanings on your "emoticons" don't post them maybe?

I don't see what's the damn point on posting :) without any context whatsoever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2719
    May 2011
    2,915 Posts
    if you don't want people to put meanings on your "emoticons" don't post them maybe?

I don't see what's the damn point on posting :) without any context whatsoever
    See, i never said i don't want that. It is intended ambiguity. In fact, i don't mind his comment at all, it's a totally valid reaction to what vagueness i posted. Its just funny how it exposes how people have a double standard with other people compared to themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #2720
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Yeah right keep "teasing" with nothing but your Lego Dragons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)