1. Post #2801
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,921 Posts
    Aren't we all? Now you're just making noises.
    It's ok, people can't actually get jokes in here. It's like it has a humour retardant bubble around it. You gave me a lol at least! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 6Friendly x 1Agree x 1Funny x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2802
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,016 Posts
    It's ok, people can't actually get jokes in here. It's like it has a humour retardant bubble around it. You gave me a lol at least! :D
    No, you stop having fun right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2803
    June 2012
    83 Posts
    I'm almoust sending my QOP set to workshop anyone have a good tip for rendering on blender?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

4. Post #2804
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,236 Posts
    I managed to get models working in Maya, when importing it says there was an error which might have caused some losses but nothing seems to be wrong for me.

For those who use Maya: Can I import the textures to the model too? It feels weird to think about making gray item models on the grey hero model, so it'd be cool to have the hero have some color.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

5. Post #2805
    April 2007
    4,902 Posts
    I'm going to hold on to my greenshitstain mace and see what happens when valve notices the model was stolen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

6. Post #2806
    June 2012
    83 Posts
    I would like to put her with an epic infernal background, that's just a test I'm learning
    how to render, to put on the workshop, I couldn't put the particles so I made photoshop
    "magic" hahah

it's very dark, it was intentional but I think.. you can't see the items details =S

7. Post #2807
    August 2012
    10 Posts
    high poly shoulders with some spikes, now i try to get it on a low poly :P

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

8. Post #2808

June 2012
    17 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=88070598

i made my submission

any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2809
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,399 Posts
    Like I posted, doesn't fit dota, textures are really really bland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #2810
    May 2011
    920 Posts
    Like I posted, doesn't fit dota, textures are really really bland.
    That was kind of a rude comment you left him on his workshop page. :/

No need for that.

It's his first submission so maybe constructive criticism would be helpful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2811
    March 2010
    8,399 Posts
    Yeah I kind of overreacted because of the first comment there

My bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

12. Post #2812
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,921 Posts
    You guys can say whatever you want, but I think this makes Windrunner look awesome :D

This is such a wonderful place, full of all kinds of nice supportive people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree x 39Dumb x 6Artistic x 3Optimistic x 1Funny x 1Agree x 1Zing x 1Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #2813
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    You guys can say whatever you want, but I think this makes Windrunner look awesome :D
    Does it come with free vomit baggies?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #2814
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,346 Posts
    Scoia'tael gear for windrunner would be frickin' sweet!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2815
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,996 Posts

it's funny because i am a fan of this hairstyle irl but you've just made it look like a dog shat on her head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2816
    October 2009
    156 Posts

I don't think the hair is bad, but I do see it working more for Drow Ranger. It would make sense that Drow would want to add asymmetry to herself from her lore. I would say experiment and see how it looks on Drow, it should be pretty awesome looking.

Regardless, I still like it, since I play both Drow and Windrunner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #2817
    April 2011
    6,173 Posts

To be honest with you, it looks like complete shit on Windrunner.

Try it on Drow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2818
    December 2011
    163 Posts

Just for lulz, show us how it looks at Drow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

19. Post #2819
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts

what the hell

your idea is not fitting for the hero, now that would be fine and dandy and everyone could run along, but now since EVERYONE disagrees with you you're being a drama queen and it's nice that people get to see you act this way

20. Post #2820
    May 2011
    920 Posts
    The hair is nice. I would never have imagined that style on her but it's pretty cool in terms of its execution.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2821
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,921 Posts
    I think you're starting to act a little ridiculous now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2822
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I'm acting ridiculous?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2823
    August 2012
    13 Posts
    Could anyone give me advice on how to line up my model with the in-game characters model?

There is a picture explaining the steps I take and the problem I arrive at, if you CBA reading:
    Easy2Read w/ Pictures

The problem I have is that, I import the model Valve gives us into Blender and then align my model with it. I then delete the characters model and bones except for the one I'm attaching my model to. I parent my model to the bone, following the instructions given from HellJumper's Blender tutorial, then export it to a .smd file format. (Obviously I have done the textures and such)

However when I then import it into the compiler, it is as if I have misaligned my custom model with the character model. However despite taking my time in lining the model up nicely with the character model in blender, upon importing it into the Workshop it is completely in the wrong position, misaligned horribly. The model is rotated the wrong way round and is not in the position I set it in regards to the character.
    It is as if the model Valve gave us doesn't align the bones correctly or the compiler interprets it wrong.

Does anyone have any advice on working the bones and the character models Valve gives us so that I can line up my model with frequently adjusting the models position and reimporting it?

I'm new to the forum so I apologize in advance if I don't follow the correct format and etiquette.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #2824
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,700 Posts
    Could anyone give me advice on how to line up my model with the in-game characters model?

There is a picture explaining the steps I take and the problem I arrive at, if you CBA reading:
    Easy2Read w/ Pictures

The problem I have is that, I import the model Valve gives us into Blender and then align my model with it. I then delete the characters model and bones except for the one I'm attaching my model to. I parent my model to the bone, following the instructions given from HellJumper's Blender tutorial, then export it to a .smd file format. (Obviously I have done the textures and such)

However when I then import it into the compiler, it is as if I have misaligned my custom model with the character model. However despite taking my time in lining the model up nicely with the character model in blender, upon importing it into the Workshop it is completely in the wrong position, misaligned horribly. The model is rotated the wrong way round and is not in the position I set it in regards to the character.
    It is as if the model Valve gave us doesn't align the bones correctly or the compiler interprets it wrong.

Does anyone have any advice on working the bones and the character models Valve gives us so that I can line up my model with frequently adjusting the models position and reimporting it?

I'm new to the forum so I apologize in advance if I don't follow the correct format and etiquette.
    apparently blender rotates the bones incorrectly, or so i've heard.

25. Post #2825
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,576 Posts
    thecuntsman is pissed because we don't like it. which is understandable but don't get THAT mad, come on.

26. Post #2826
    March 2010
    8,399 Posts
    That happened to us as well when using the compiler, I'm guessing it's a problem caused by it as the model would load correctly on sdk.

Right now I'm sticking to the old way of uploading stuff to the workshop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

27. Post #2827
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    thecuntsman is pissed because we don't like it. which is understandable but don't get THAT mad, come on.
    it's because he's used to everyone bowing down to him and giving him respect for no reason and now when he actually wants it no one is giving it to him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2828
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,921 Posts
    I really don't hope you think I'm mad. I like the item, I'm submitting it. I think it has a good chance of getting in. Having some hate on an emp doesn't bother me that much, especially when I'm happy with what I produced this time.

it's because he's used to everyone bowing down to him and giving him respect for no reason and now when he actually wants it no one is giving it to him
    I think you'l find I hardly get any respect and/or bowed down to. Most people actually dislike me. And I'm fine with that.

"I like this item, I'll force people who are telling me to change it to see it in game because I say so and valve will accept it."
    Forcing you to see it in game? You're acting as if anything I do automaticly get in. That's not how it works. Should I stop working on it because you or anyone else thinks I should stop? No.

This is the same guy that got all mad over the tide hunter axe getting in game, and now that people are telling him he should change his item(or at the very least change the hero its for), he ignores them.
    No, I didn't like it, but I'd never tell him to remove it from the workshop/stop making it, or personalty insult him.

same guy who basically said "if I put this on his crotch knowing valve they will accept that too"

you're very adept at detecting jokes. The scree shot of tide covered in spikes was a joke. I never intend to upload an item that gives tide spikey balls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #2829
    March 2010
    8,399 Posts
    "I like this item, I'll force people who are telling me to change it (everyone) to see it in game because I say so and valve will accept it."

Forcing you to see it in game? You're acting as if anything I do automaticly get in. That's not how it works. Should I stop working on it because you or anyone else thinks I should stop? No.
    Yeah, you should stop working on it when NO ONE likes it, I don't even see how does that hair style fit in dota either, mostly 'cause it was based by some sci fi comic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2830
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,700 Posts
    This is the same guy that got all mad over the tide hunter axe getting in game, and now that people are telling him he should change his item(or at the very least change the hero its for), he ignores them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2831
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    same guy who basically said "if I put this on his crotch knowing valve they will accept that too"

read above
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2832
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,700 Posts
    -snip-

33. Post #2833
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,921 Posts
    Ok, this thread doesn't need to be crapped up anymore. If anyone else wants to hurle abuse at me, please PM me, or add me to steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #2834
    March 2010
    8,399 Posts
    You are the one starting the shitstorms, if people don't like your item and you want to ignore them, don't god damn post it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #2835
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I really wish valve took behavior into consideration but of course not they only want people to model for them and reap the profits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2836
    May 2007
    5,016 Posts
    It does not look good on windrunner, nice job on the model but it doesnt fit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #2837
    May 2011
    920 Posts
    Hey guys where's the thread where we post/talk about dota mods? All I see here is a bunch of rabbling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2838
    July 2012
    78 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

39. Post #2839
    May 2007
    5,016 Posts
    Guys I decided that we all need to go to family therapy.

I except you guys to be at Dr.Donahues office at 3:00 PM EST on Friday.

No ifs ands or buts.

Edited:

You make a lot of good shit.

Just saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #2840
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    TAKE CRITICISM YOU CUNTsman GOD DAMNIT.
    If 20+ people are telling you it's bad, then it's probably bad !

And no, your opinion isn't worth more than ours.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)