1. Post #2201
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,007 Posts
    If Valve lurks this subforum they will see. Still, i don't see anything that could happen, it's not like they are going to pull his decent stuff out of the game for this.
    Well they're of course not going to pull his stuff, it's more of community awareness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #2202
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,540 Posts
    Just post it in one of the Cosmetic subforums, people post all kinds of shit that isn't related in those...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #2203
    April 2011
    6,023 Posts
    So, I spend a couple hours learning maya barely and making this shitty thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/UrGMs.png
    Dat blade.

I have plans to become bigger than Da Vinci!

Or at least make something that resembles a sword slightly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #2204
    April 2007
    4,800 Posts
    Wow, and I actually thought vlad was a cool guy
    Back in his starting days in TF2 he was a cool guy, just like everyone else starting to model for a game in a way that was completely new and innovative, like most of you are now doing for a game you love to play.

If you are good at making items and you gain praise from lots of others, it can go to your head and turn you against constructive criticism and can turn a normal modeler into a self-absorved fame-craving ass. Some get into that stage and never get out again.

Only exception to this rule I've seen so far I would say is Max. He just turned around his own stages of fame into something I like to call "completely bonkers and yet it works", probably because he is brutally honest and really good at what he does.

Just saying that deleting negative comments, and more problematic, CC, is an advanced level of "celebrity syndrome"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

5. Post #2205
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,562 Posts
    Back in his starting days in TF2 he was a cool guy, just like everyone else starting to model for a game in a way that was completely new and innovative, like most of you are now doing for a game you love to play.

If you are good at making items and you gain praise from lots of others, it can go to your head and turn you against constructive criticism and can turn a normal modeler into a self-absorved fame-craving ass. Some get into that stage and never get out again.

Only exception to this rule I've seen so far I would say is Max. He just turned around his own stages of fame into something I like to call "completely bonkers and yet it works", probably because he is brutally honest and really good at what he does.

Just saying that deleting negative comments, and more problematic, CC, is an advanced level of "celebrity syndrome"
    MaxofS2D? Ha, don't make me laugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #2206
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    946 Posts
    MaxofS2D? Ha, don't make me laugh.
    But you just did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #2207
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,562 Posts
    Touché
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #2208
    April 2007
    4,800 Posts
    I say exception because he can become an asshole for a short while, then turn it all around and be constructive again only to turn inward again for a few days.

Just like you can have your little periods, you two are more alike then you would agree. Neither of you really assholes, both have a tendency to go bad boys mode every once in a while
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #2209
    April 2011
    9 Posts
    I'm getting lots of feedback that Mirana's mount has to be white. What do you guys think? Agree/Disagree?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2210
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    It really pisses me off because Valve pretty much now is accepting everything he's uploading. I could even be wrong and saying a bunch of crap, but i don't think so.
    He has made some good items but he just pumps them out at a ridiculous rate
    You can tell he's making items purely to get them into the game
    how I feel about sparkwire and a few others that lurk this thread

Edited:

this looks amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #2211
    January 2010
    3,147 Posts
    this looks amazing
    Wait until you see the rest of the items.

...and ready your wallet.

12. Post #2212
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,085 Posts
    Riki set almost done. Any suggestions about items?
    Riki looks so... Short in this perspective. Short and chubby. Kinda like Sniper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #2213

February 2005
    63 Posts
    I'm getting lots of feedback that Mirana's mount has to be white. What do you guys think? Agree/Disagree?
    It should be visually similar to her original. I would only add stripes to the white or leopard spots, but the overall color would stay white.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2214
    August 2009
    403 Posts
    I would say it probably needs to be white, gray, or light blue. But also I think it needs more of a pattern to make it look less cartoonish. Look at Lone Druid's bear and how it has a pattern in it's fur.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

15. Post #2215
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts
    Ok, I have a basic idea for a Brewmaster weapon that I'd like to try my hand in creating, but I'm not sure if a weapon is something to attempt for my first model.

Basically, I'd like to create a Brewmaster weapon (Dunno the actual name of it.) with a Taoism symbol attached to the chain. But my main question is, should it be a sphere or should be be like a circular talisman?

16. Post #2216
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,007 Posts
    It might be a good idea, the colours clash with her.

17. Post #2217
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Ok, I have a basic idea for a Brewmaster weapon that I'd like to try my hand in creating, but I'm not sure if a weapon is something to attempt for my first model.

Basically, I'd like to create a Brewmaster weapon (Dunno the actual name of it.) with a Taoism symbol attached to the chain. But my main question is, should it be a sphere or should be be like a circular talisman?
    A sphere would look super ugly and would take tons of polygons, it should be like a talisman.

Not sure how I feel about inserting real world symbols into the game, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #2218
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts
    A sphere would look super ugly and would take tons of polygons, it should be like a talisman.

Not sure how I feel about inserting real world symbols into the game, though.
    It's the stereotypical Ying-Yang symbol, I don't see how it would cause much of a problem.

19. Post #2219
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,589 Posts
    I think that you'd be better off making it into something like a medallion rather than a weapon, what you described doesn't seem like it would work very well.

Maybe you could make a barrel and have the symbol on the ends of it?

20. Post #2220
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,279 Posts
    Well, it would be easier to show if I was any good at concept art.

What I would basically be doing is taking the end of his regular staff with the blunt metal on the end of the chain and turn it into a Taoism symbol.

The barrel idea does sound good, but I'd rather make a whole set themed off that and I would have no real clue what would be most fitting for Brew.

21. Post #2221
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,689 Posts

probably because he is brutally honest and really good at what he does.
    lol he told me i was an antisocial nerd and wouldnt get hired anywhere because i was brutally honest

Edited:

how I feel about sparkwire and a few others that lurk this thread
    good thing i dont pump out items
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #2222
    April 2007
    4,800 Posts
    lol he told me i was an antisocial nerd and wouldnt get hired anywhere because i was brutally honest

Edited:

Like I said, completely bonkers.

I don't really have anything to criticize you with really, you make good items, listen to CC and piss off the right people when they deserve to have their shit spanked.
    I do love the fact that you get a fuckton of hate in the workshop just because of your name and avatar

23. Post #2223
    March 2011
    118 Posts
    This is driving me nuts. I can't decide. I think I prefer borderless. What do you guys think?

24. Post #2224
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,689 Posts
    This is driving me nuts. I can't decide. I think I prefer borderless. What do you guys think?

the bordered one is the best
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #2225
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,958 Posts
    that's kind of funny because you have more dota 2 items uploaded than he does
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #2226
    No more drama! ever!
    November 2011
    1,857 Posts
    if any of us aren't going to be hired, its him. What actual skills does he have? The ability to implement lumpy animation, and personally attack better skilled collogues? Give that man a salary!!

Well, he WAS part of a group valve ASKED to make items for the game, before the economy existed...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #2227
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    yeah man let's compare having 20 items submitted over 1 year with 30 submitted over 2 days, good idea.

And like cuntsman said he was asked to make some, so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

28. Post #2228
    April 2007
    4,800 Posts
    Yeah, by the looks of it your capacitors melted and blew up inside the device.

If you would like to buy a new sarcasm detector, you can pick one up at radioshack for about 29.99, or you could try to replace the capacitors but I would advice a professional to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #2229
    No more drama! ever!
    November 2011
    1,857 Posts
    Box's used to mean something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #2230
    April 2007
    4,800 Posts

The bordered cape looks just... odd. Like way to clean and crisp around the edges, and the bottom border just does not match up at all.

Example (prob not the best) of a bordered cape :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #2231
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,051 Posts
    Well I can see I just lost a lot of respect for some more people here. AGAIN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #2232
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,442 Posts
    Well I can see I just lost a lot of respect for some more people here. AGAIN.
    Please specify.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #2233
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,051 Posts
    Everyone is just acting very childish with all the fighting and finger pointing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #2234
    March 2011
    118 Posts
    Thanks for the input guys. I submitted the plain version but also included the textures for the other if Valve wants to use it.

Love it or hate it, hit it with some votes!

@MendozaMan IMO it's boring if it lines up exactly. The different inner shapes are more interesting. Also the crispness is because of the distance at which you see the character. In the Valve texture PDF they say that the designs and patterns should be very crisp and clear.

35. Post #2235
    April 2007
    4,800 Posts
    Thanks for the input guys. I submitted the plain version but also included the textures for the other if Valve wants to use it.

@MendozaMan IMO it's boring if it lines up exactly. The different inner shapes are more interesting. Also the crispness is because of the distance at which you see the character. In the Valve texture PDF they say that the designs and patterns should be very crisp and clear.
    Right-o, I like the current version right now. It seems drow doesn't really fit with bordered capes anyway

36. Post #2236
    August 2007
    389 Posts

Trying to shoot up some stuff for rubick, any suggestions? I feel that something isn't right, i redesigned this thing 3 times already. Going to name it after the other magi (according to invoker's skills, like tarak, culween)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

37. Post #2237
    May 2011
    916 Posts

Trying to shoot up some stuff for rubick, any suggestions? I feel that something isn't right, i redesigned this thing 3 times already. Going to name it after the other magi (according to invoker's skills, like tarak, culween)
    It's a cool design, but remember that Rubick uses his staff for walking too, meaning the bottom of the staff is hitting the ground constantly. I would recommend beefing up(redesigning) the bottom of it so it looks like it could be used to support weight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #2238
    September 2009
    2,248 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #2239
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,689 Posts
    amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

40. Post #2240
    June 2010
    2,326 Posts

*pics of a drow set*
    Uh, aren't her ears supposed to be human because she isn't a drow?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events