1. Post #3481
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,032 Posts
    Working on some CM items
    What animal is the hood supposed to resemble? an owl
    Anyways I like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #3482
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    owls don't have horns...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3483

February 2005
    63 Posts
    owls don't have horns...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

4. Post #3484
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    they don't have horns like in the CM item

better?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #3485

February 2005
    63 Posts

better?
    Donkeys don't have wings. Or shitty wizards...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #3486
    July 2012
    323 Posts
    A new Enigma Set J4CK and I are working on, not sure of a name yet, but I'm thinking "The Shattered Void"

What I am concerned with is the face mask, does the set hold its own without it, and we should just not include it? I'll provide some P3D links so you can get a better idea from multiple angles. Thank you.

Link to P3D with Helm
    Link to P3D without Helm

Also, I don't think owls having horns matters. The better question is what the hell do owls have to do with Crystal Maiden? Is there something I'm missing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #3487
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,032 Posts

better?
    not really horns but
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

8. Post #3488
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    not really horns but
    And there you have it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #3489

February 2005
    63 Posts
    And there you have it
    You missed the point... "owls don't have horns" is not constructive criticism.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3490
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    You missed the point... "owls don't have horns" is not constructive criticism.
    I was talking to someone else who was commenting on his item... the CM items look fine you must have misunderstood.

11. Post #3491
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    2,010 Posts
    Working on some CM items
    Oooh shi--!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #3492
    December 2011
    163 Posts
    I think staff is ready
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #3493
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    It definitely has nothing to do with that 131 page forum thread titled "Remove the Alpine Ursa Set".
    Valve being knee jerk and hastey and making bad decisions. Not off to a good start with Dota. Valve needs not to be afraid, suck it up, and just ship items. The item is in the game, oh well boo hoo you'll see it maybe once every couple of weeks.

Seriously, this is making me mad. Like wow... I'm more angry at Valve for removing it than adding it :/

Edited:

if that many people don't like the item then why should they worry people will use it? Don't remove something someone worked hard on that was added to the game and everything, that's just cruel and unprofessional towards the creators.

I'm sorry Dota community, but you need to lighten up and realize that items are not always going to be perfect, and just because a large group of people don't like it doesn't mean you have to totally destroy the entire item being in the game and ruining it for both the creator and people who wanted the set.

Edited:

and I was going to spend money buying the gloves of the set because I liked them a lot and play Ursa. I went to buy them yesterday and to my surprise they were gone. Sorry creators :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #3494
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,412 Posts
    What I find funny about the ursa set is that no one wants it because it's unfitting and silly, but they are willing to spend all the money they have on their wallets for a rubber duck on morphling

Makes a lot of sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #3495
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    What I find funny about the ursa set is that no one wants it because it's unfitting and silly, but they are willing to spend all the money they have on their wallets for a rubber duck on morphling

Makes a lot of sense
    if no one wants it and its silly, there was never a concern about people wearing it. It's a catch 22, either the whiners are saying the item is popular and will be used often enough to be a problem, or they're saying it's ugly and unfitting and nobody will use it. Either way, neither one of those situations would warrant removal. In one, people actually like the item, in the other, nobody would wear it, so it's not a problem.

Unfitting items won't be worn often, it's just a fact of how markets work. They didn't need to do this, it was a kneejerk reaction someone had that is all one huge mess up.

If this is how things are going to be, contributors are not going to quite be as willing to make items that can just be pulled willy nilly if some people whine and moan enough. Everyone hates everything, and the sooner Valve learns this (as they did with TF2), the sooner we'll be able to actually enjoy cosmetic items. We're going to just get a bunch of "safe" items with nobody taking any chances.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3496
    July 2012
    323 Posts
    I was talking to someone else who was commenting on his item... the CM items look fine you must have misunderstood.
    I still think the better question is what do owls have to do with crystal maiden? It seems very out of place. Can someone clarify?

17. Post #3497
    October 2007
    323 Posts
    Unfitting items won't be worn often, it's just a fact of how markets work. They didn't need to do this, it was a kneejerk reaction someone had that is all one huge mess up.
    Whilst I agree with you about everything you've said (including th, this bit in particular can be disproved with TF2's pink and lime green paint. They look good on a grand total of zero items and yet I see those colours the most when playing.

Most men will want to wear items that look badass, but some men, just want to watch the world burn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #3498
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    and like the Dapper Topper, we'll look back 2 years later and think how silly the whole ordeal was and that the item just existing isn't as bad as we had thought

19. Post #3499
    May 2011
    2,915 Posts
    I want to chime in on the issues with Dota 2.

Dota 2 seems to be getting bigger and bigger as i see many news and blog spots post something about it. The sad part is that Dota 2 is currently not contributor friendly still. i know a few friends, including myself, still can't compile an item for the game. I know its my fault for using unsupported applications but the fact is its not as accessible to modification like TF2 is. I'm saddled for 2 weeks now trying to figure out a way to export my stuff and has even resorted to asking people to export it for me. I doubt that many have the patience i have (not bragging at all) but the dota team needs to work on that part of the game so we can have a nice influx of quality items from a wider range of creators.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Aruba Show Events

20. Post #3500
    July 2012
    78 Posts
    I want to chime in on the issues with Dota 2.

Dota 2 seems to be getting bigger and bigger as i see many news and blog spots post something about it. The sad part is that Dota 2 is currently not contributor friendly still. i know a few friends, including myself, still can't compile an item for the game. I know its my fault for using unsupported applications but the fact is its not as accessible to modification like TF2 is. I'm saddled for 2 weeks now trying to figure out a way to export my stuff and has even resorted to asking people to export it for me. I doubt that many have the patience i have (not bragging at all) but the dota team needs to work on that part of the game so we can have a nice influx of quality items from a wider range of creators.
    Here you go dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSi6U...ayer_embedded#!
    Made this video for my friend (he sended his model in FBX because he couldn't import it himself) , it's in russian but maybe it will help you :D
    on 2:20 there was an error while exporting original model from the game cause I exported it earlier and I was to lazy to show how to conect all the bones , that's why there's no animation when he atacks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

21. Post #3501
    Ask me about Dullahans
    November 2009
    2,093 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #3502
    July 2012
    323 Posts

Eidolon is ready for battle! Also, thoughts on the helm? does it work?

P3D Link
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #3503
    May 2011
    921 Posts

Added asymmetry like someone said(earrings, mantle clasp) and grouped all parts into their correct groups.

Now finally onto the fun of baking and stuff(ugh lol)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #3504
    Ask me about Dullahans
    November 2009
    2,093 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3505
    August 2012
    64 Posts

Eidolon is ready for battle! Also, thoughts on the helm? does it work?

P3D Link
    Common armor for Enigma? Are you serious?
    It's even more unfitting than morphling armor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #3506
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,542 Posts
    Not only are you completely wrong but you don't even back up your points.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3507
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,372 Posts
    ~1200 faces... Duh.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

28. Post #3508
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    ~1200 faces... Duh.

I only see one face.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 13Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #3509
    August 2012
    24 Posts
    Guys, how am I supposed to deal with UV's when making LoD0 and LoD1?. Atm I have LoD0 so, my doubt is, how is the unwrap done? I make LoD0, then UV it and remove some loops to make the LoD1(keeping the LoD0 UV)? Will the UV change properly or will it be a problem?

Thanks! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

30. Post #3510
    Ask me about Dullahans
    November 2009
    2,093 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

31. Post #3511
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 11Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #3512
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    Second Jugg mask that i actually like after the Death mask
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

33. Post #3513
    July 2012
    323 Posts
    pretty soon, we can populate the world with juggernaut items.

Edited:

Considering how enigma has a pretty similar body to Morphling its safe to assume his cosmetics will be handled in a similar fashion.

34. Post #3514
    October 2007
    323 Posts
    bamboo, or bones, or some other thin hollow dry tube material you might find in the desert (I know there is more than bamboo and bones, just can't put my finger on what exactly)

Thoughts? I am thinking about painting some runes on the outsides
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #3515
    December 2009
    836 Posts
    Holy shit a Deadpool Juggernaut.

To the creators of Brewmaster set in series #12, enjoy your money.
    I got 2 Flail of the Great Elder in a row, and a friend of mine got 2 Spiritual Spirits in a similar manner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #3516
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,666 Posts
    Reminds me of the mask Venge wore during the first International.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #3517
    December 2011
    163 Posts
    Well, cape is a little bigger than i expected, but im pretty satisfied
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

38. Post #3518
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,412 Posts
    That hood looks like crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

39. Post #3519
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    and qwiggalo gets after me for commenting on someone else's comment with something that wasn't even rude...

constructive criticism plz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3520
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,416 Posts
    Not necessarily like crap, but I think it looks a bit too much like a tent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)