1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,113 Posts
    Can you add option which gamemode I don't want to see? I really don't want to see RP servers.
    Read.

You select the gamemode then the server.. instead of having a huge ass list of everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #762
    October 2011
    2,139 Posts
    if you look at the picture, it's only 1 gamemode at a time. you should try looking at a picture, i heard it's worth a thousand words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22 (list)

3. Post #763
    May 2010
    5,401 Posts
    Garry said you select the gamemode you want to see, he asked to be able to remove gamemodes you dont want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

4. Post #764
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    767 Posts
    It's GWEN, not HTML.

Also you're an idiot.
    It's HTML, not GWEN. You're an idiot.

Because HTML rendering is... Pretty much just a simpler way of doing things, not to mention not significantly much heavier than if you used a GUI toolkit?
    I'm assuming you havn't used the new and "improved" HTML based console have you? It's slow and laggy as fuck. Opening it for the first time causes GMod to lock up for about 10 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #765
    my portfolio
    Dennab
    April 2012
    1,392 Posts
    It's GWEN, not HTML.
    Care to tell us your source?

Also you're an idiot.
    How ironic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    July 2009
    7,353 Posts
    Because HTML rendering is... Pretty much just a simpler way of doing things, not to mention not significantly much heavier than if you used a GUI toolkit?
    The 2 HTML panels currently in beta(the menu and console) use an entire core and slow down the rest of my computer down. The HTML panels suck in source but he insists on continuously using them instead of making them in derma.
    Also geel, you are a moron, I didn't know the gwen scrollbar looked like a windows one. And considering how gmod doesn't even HAVE gwen...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #767
    February 2008
    460 Posts
    I'm trying to push gamemodes in GMod13 - so it's divided by gamemodes too. You select the gamemode then the server.. instead of having a huge ass list of everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    Person
    June 2008
    5,694 Posts
    The 2 HTML panels currently in beta(the menu and console) use an entire core and slow down the rest of my computer down. The HTML panels suck in source but he insists on continuously using them instead of making them in derma.
    Also geel, you are a moron, I didn't know the gwen scrollbar looked like a windows one. And considering how gmod doesn't even HAVE gwen...
    My apologies, I was wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #769
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    I'm assuming you havn't used the new and "improved" HTML based console have you? It's slow and laggy as fuck. Opening it for the first time causes GMod to lock up for about 10 seconds.
    I don't have any problems with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,207 Posts
    HTML based consoles are a terrible idea. HTML based server browser sounds pretty decent. Because you can handle the server list as pretty much static data whereas consoles are pretty dynamic.

(But no, I haven't. When I next decide to launch gmod I'll probably notice considering I never close the console.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,049 Posts
    Is it going to have the option to sort by the average age of the players on the servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

12. Post #772
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Will the retarded option of viewing passworded servers finally be removed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,207 Posts
    Will the retarded option of viewing passworded servers finally be removed?
    Sometimes when I lost the IP of a passworded server I just searched for that server based on the map it always runs.

Some servers get passworded when there's lots of people on to let the people who usually play there in, or because of an event.

I really can't see why it's retarded. It shouldn't probably be on by default though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #774
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    I'm using (abusing?) render-targets. Most of this is actually drawn first onto a rendertarget, and then all the rendertargets are drawn into another rendertarget. Does anyone know how I would fix the transparent black pixels?

I am using GL_RGBA, like so:
    glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA, width, height, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, 0);
    glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0 + i, GL_TEXTURE_2D, texRT[i], 0);

And then I basically just draw the texture that I get from the framebuffer as a regular old quad.

I did some google-searching, and it seems to be a known problem. But I could not find anyone who had solved it properly. Any ideas? Am I doing something horribly wrong?

Edit: Doh, wrong thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #775
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Please use the help thread, only small problems suit this thread.

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1167392
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,207 Posts
    What is that about GL_LUMINANCE isn't that just some way to draw grayscale textures
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

17. Post #777
    Team Hamster
    January 2012
    312 Posts
    What is that about GL_LUMINANCE isn't that just some way to draw grayscale textures
    That's just a random forum-quote I put there to test font-measuring with multiple lines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

18. Post #778
    Kate Adams
    June 2009
    978 Posts
    Why?

I don't see the advantage.
    Because I like it, is that a problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #779
    November 2007
    506 Posts
    Been working on this simple 2D based game for the past week to learn SFML with C++. Kinda hit a dead-end with what I want to do with it now though, if anyone has any creative ideas i would love to hear them.

Download link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12592785/Release.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,131 Posts

Newton's Law of Gravitation works quite well. Just don't let me program the universe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    The 2 HTML panels currently in beta(the menu and console) use an entire core and slow down the rest of my computer down.
    And here I just thought I had a crappy computer.

Anyone else get more than 80 fps on Garry's Mod 12, but 20~30 in Garry's Mod 13?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #782
    It's a boomer! Watch out!
    March 2009
    1,519 Posts

I added some new things to my platformer game today. I added a minimap and a message/notification system, I think they turned out pretty good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

23. Post #783
    January 2012
    347 Posts
    Which should I learn?
    Optimistic for OpenGL
    Late for DirectX
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic x 31Late x 4Artistic x 1Useful x 1Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Programming King x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #784
    Which should I learn?
    Optimistic for OpenGL
    Late for DirectX
    software rendering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny x 17Agree x 4Winner x 2Dumb x 1Programming King x 1 (list)

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts

The guards now support independent rotation on top of position based rotation.
    Minimap update:

I'm thinking about making a seperate viewer for it in Löve, since it's so useful when working out what things are supposed to look like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,095 Posts
    I'm working on a project of mine. In the process of being an idiot and writing horrible code so I can rip it out and fix it up later (I work for    shitty    results, not cleanliness!), I produced this horrifying line of code:
    Code:
    double green = clamp((int)(((int)starArray[i] * 255 * (-scaleFactor + 0.5)) + (162.0*(500-(i/6400.0))/500 * (scaleFactor + 0.5))));
    If there's a coding hell, I'm going to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

27. Post #787
    Programming King and Most Patient Member 2013
    December 2008
    1,241 Posts
    Started working on that Lisp interpreter again. Cleaned up a couple of things I wasn't happy with, and got quoted forms parsing and evaluating properly. I made lists printable too:

At the minute it just prints out the conses recursively, I should probably make it better formatted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #788
    October 2009
    1,988 Posts
    I'm working on a project of mine. In the process of being an idiot and writing horrible code so I can rip it out and fix it up later (I work for    shitty    results, not cleanliness!), I produced this horrifying line of code:
    Code:
    double green = clamp((int)(((int)starArray[i] * 255 * (-scaleFactor + 0.5)) + (162.0*(500-(i/6400.0))/500 * (scaleFactor + 0.5))));
    If there's a coding hell, I'm going to it.
    That's some sweet ass code you got going there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #789
    August 2009
    1,046 Posts
    something like this then?

If there was a math book that explained stuff like this I'd buy it twice in case something happened to it. Best thing I've seen in ages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #790
    December 2008
    1,241 Posts
    Trying to reverse a list recurively, because why not:

It's reversed, but also backwards and inside out. Still needs some improvement I think...
    Added the null predicate too, because I needed it :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,095 Posts
    That's some sweet ass code you got going there.
    Obligatory:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 21 (list)

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,502 Posts
    Obligatory:
    I'm 80% sure that was the joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #793

January 2012
    133 Posts
    If I were you, I'd find a better sprite sheet. It looks like you found one with magenta/fuschia background and your program cuts exactly these [255, 0, 255] pixels leaving some purple bias. (most noticably on the upper left of the closest soldier)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #794
    May 2010
    5,401 Posts
    does anyone by any chance know how the professional game engines handle things like the delta time issue?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    October 2009
    1,988 Posts
    Obligatory:
    My post's lack of a hyphen invalidates that weak-ass rebuttal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

36. Post #796
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    does anyone by any chance know how the professional game engines handle things like the delta time issue?
    what do you mean by "delta time issue"?

as in, storing the time it takes to execute a frame/tick or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

37. Post #797
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    Trying to reverse a list recurively, because why not:

It's reversed, but also backwards and inside out. Still needs some improvement I think...
    Added the null predicate too, because I needed it :)
    in haskell you'd do something like:

Code:
    revlist l =
        let
            revlist' [] acc = acc
            revlist' (x:xs) acc = revlist' xs (x:acc)
        in revlist' l []
    maybe you could translate that to your lisp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    May 2010
    5,401 Posts
    what do you mean by "delta time issue"?

as in, storing the time it takes to execute a frame/tick or what?
    The whole "Fix your delta time" issue with physics thing

basically what this is talking about
    gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    The whole "Fix your delta time" issue with physics thing
    like, using deltatime to get framerate independent physics and things like that?

i.e. run a physics simulation at 60fps and 120fps but have the real time playback be the same?

otherwise i don't know what you're talkin about :(

also apparently Fraps is recording only my GBuffer's position texture, so i need to find a way to sort that out or i can't record any of my progress..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

40. Post #800
    December 2008
    1,241 Posts
    in haskell you'd do something like:

Code:
    revlist l =
        let
            revlist' [] acc = acc
            revlist' (x:xs) acc = revlist' xs (x:acc)
        in revlist' l []
    maybe you could translate that to your lisp
    Yeah, I've got something like that now:
    Code:
    (defun reverse-list (lis rev-lis)
        (if (null (cdr lis))
            (cons (car lis) rev-lis)
            (reverse-list (cdr lis) (cons (car lis) rev-lis))
        )
    )
    At least I think that's what you're doing, I don't really speak haskell :) there's an accumulator variable which gets passed down, the bottom function passes the whole lot back up.
    That seems to work in someone else's interpreter, but not in mine - it looks like my function calls have side effects, I'll take a look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events