1. Post #2081
    hello im nobody.
    July 2009
    698 Posts
    Can you get any Dota invites for the game "Cogs" on steam? It costs 9 euros.
    hardly, cogs has been in the potato sack an some indie bundle, i think by now everyone have that game.

i unno thoo, maybe if youre lucky.

shit pageking

trading 2 spiritual spirit (brewmaster) for other international uncommon stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

2. Post #2082
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,019 Posts
    The invite costs 30$.

Edited:

But it also comes with a bunch of items too, I guess.

The dropped invite is worth much less I'd assume, but everyone I know already has Cogs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2083
    August 2010
    231 Posts
    I'll just wait for the release then.

Edited:

Do you think they will announce the release at the end of The International?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2084

June 2012
    21 Posts

Looking for Iron Bear Set, Bonehunter Set, Master Assassin Set Items
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events

5. Post #2085
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,873 Posts
    How much does a strange ivory isles mask cost?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

6. Post #2086
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,019 Posts
    I'll just wait for the release then.

Edited:

Do you think they will announce the release at the end of The International?
    No. Too much work to be done on the game for there to be a definite release date; plus, it's Valve.

7. Post #2087
    September 2006
    82 Posts
    no cogs is valued 2.25 Dota Invites are valued 6
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

8. Post #2088
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,980 Posts
    no cogs is valued 2.25 Dota Invites are valued 6
    Is store bugged? i've been trying to buy keys for the past 2 days but i can't checkout the stuff in my basket...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #2089
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    People should stop acquiring sets.

Mixing different items from different sets, and/or leaving some item-slots default, looks a lot better and "original"

Edited:

Just something for y'all to consider.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2090
    July 2011
    48 Posts
    Trading my Unusual Orange Piercing Beams Stumpy for any international courier:

Looking for Berserker's Witchslayer
    Also have a few items I'm looking to get rid of like for example
    Veil of Fables (WD Rare)
    Reaver (Axe Uncommon)
    Pauldron of Sir Davion (DK Uncommon)

Sorry for the big post also to the guy(s) that marked my posts as optimistic big thanks to you.
    L.E. Also have Shoulders of the Comet's Tail (Morphling Uncommon) will trade it for an int key or a normal key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #2091
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,026 Posts
    I think Trade-thread is a good place to ask this question.

What do you think they'll do with Inventory Space ?

Compared to TF2, I believe there should be unlimited inventory.
    In TF2 aside from cosmetics, you have weapons, a lot of various weapons, which affect gameplay and having them in 1 inventory helps playing without having to switch accounts, thus inventory increasing item that you can purchase and actual concern of space. Sometimes people create accounts just to stash duplicates for trade and crates.

Now, with Dota 2 being confirmed Steam F2P, i.e. when it goes viral you can have as many accounts as you please with Dota 2 on each, and with no items affecting gameplay directly, and with games being match-based, i.e. a match at a time that you can't just leave/join at will (well, people leave, but in theory they should stay from start to end), I see no reason for limit on inventory.

There are lots of cosmetics and space will be an issue at some point for at least some of the players. Why force creating multiple accounts they switch between if they feel like using alternative cosmetics set, making "trades" using another PC or having friends as Proxies between accounts , etc.
    This is just pointless inconvenience that is easily dealt with by using said methods, none if which is troublesome or difficult.

If you do that with TF2, you have to consider that you should keep all your weapons on 1 account so you can refit your inventory on the fly during match if you feel need for different setup, but then you might have trouble with space for cosmetics you enjoy.

This is rather distant issue, as inventories will take time to fill up to a point where are lot of people raise this concern, but still.

I just hope Valve will take the best, because I see 3 possible ones, and only one would make sense to me.

1. Valve doesn't give option to increase inventory size and everyone who intends to keep a lot of items will be forced to make stash-accounts.

2. Valve adds Backpack Extender, and players willing to pay avoid the inconvenience (which is rather minimal), while non-paying players will go stash-accounts route, likely complaining a lot due to points I've mentioned above, mainly lack of point without game-affecting items and quantity of items in Dota 2.

3. Valve makes it so when backpack fills out, you get another page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2092
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,410 Posts
    There is already a backpack expander in the item schema, and you get like 620something slots when you buy something from the store so yeah, unless you trade 24/7 and make big unusual trades you are not filling that shit up any time soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

13. Post #2093
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,037 Posts
    I have the lycan shoulder does anybody want to give me an international key for it perhaps??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #2094
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,026 Posts
    There is already a backpack expander in the item schema, and you get like 620something slots when you buy something from the store so yeah, unless you trade 24/7 and make big unusual trades you are not filling that shit up any time soon
    And Dota 2 isn't a game that will lose playerbase anytime soon.
    People stick to Dota for years, they will stick even harder to the sequal I believe.
    This is minor issue and it is distant, but prevention beats a cure, and it's never nice having community complain a lot about something minor. It's this kind of issue that will make Valve look greedy if it's not touched. Crates were big deal, but people learned that it runs the economy of the F2P titles.
    This will seems as unnecessary reach into pockets for that loose quarter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

15. Post #2095
    September 2006
    82 Posts
    I am concerned that I will face a full backpack in some weeks / months
    http://tf2b.com/dota/76561197977068643
    Guess I will see if its auto extending or not

16. Post #2096
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,593 Posts

i'll trade all of this for the Smeevil (turtle) courier, I'd also trade 1 or 2 commons for the Force Staff for Crystal Maiden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #2097
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts

i'll trade all of this for the Smeevil (turtle) courier, I'd also trade 1 or 2 commons for the Force Staff for Crystal Maiden.
    I have Force Staff.

Stupid how they add items from in-game as cosmetic items tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #2098
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,593 Posts
    The top 3 rows are commons, which do you want for it?

19. Post #2099
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    The Walrus whacker and maybe the belt for Ogre
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

20. Post #2100
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,593 Posts
    The force staff is only a common, those 2 are uncommon! Not that desperate I'm afraid.

They're also only available in the chests..

21. Post #2101
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,980 Posts
    Fuck man, i've been getting this shit for the past two days when i'm trying to buy stuff:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #2102

June 2012
    77 Posts
    Fuck man, i've been getting this shit for the past two days when i'm trying to buy stuff:

Blame the international, sometimes even the trades don't load during the matches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2103
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,980 Posts
    Blame the international, sometimes even the trades don't load during the matches.
    Yeah but i'm trying to buy international keys....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #2104
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,019 Posts
    That doesn't change anything. Whenever a match is going on during the International the game lags like shit and all the servers crash all the time.

25. Post #2105
    September 2006
    82 Posts
    I traded with one today he said he had to buy the keys 1 by 1

26. Post #2106
    April 2007
    997 Posts
    Have 4 vices of the west, 1 flail, LD and OM uncommons, BH and WD stranges too.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975099869/

27. Post #2107
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    I'm already up to page 8 ...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

28. Post #2108
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,980 Posts
    That doesn't change anything.
    It does when they're gonna expire soon.

Edited:

I traded with one today he said he had to buy the keys 1 by 1
    no luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #2109
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,410 Posts
    I'm already up to page 8 ...
    Oh right I should have added

hoarders and scammers usually fill up pages fast but you know, a backpack expander shoudn't be a problem for either of these :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #2110
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts

hoarders and scammers usually fill up pages fast but you know, a backpack expander shoudn't be a problem for either of these :)
    Implying I hoarded or scammed anything.
    I'm just taking place because I like to have my backpack organised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #2111
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,980 Posts
    pftt

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #2112
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,026 Posts

No reason to jump so hard on people.

I am playing Dota for a bit more than 1100 hours now, that is about half a year I believe for me now.
    I have 1 page almost filled with items.
    I am keeping all chests because I like to (I have all series sorted).
    I have combined 3 pages in use.

In 1,5 year my backpack will be filled.
    As I said, and as I repeat, it's still going to be a while, but when I get there, what do I do ?
    Backpack expander is in files, why not in game ? Description tags, etc are in, why not these ?
    If they don't get it, why do I have to make 1 more account just for my crates ? It's not fun that I have to ask friend/get second PC just to manage my items the way I want.
    If expander is in, the price will be important, and then comes the question of how much it expandes and wether there is a cap.

This is a bit more serious than it seems.
    "Oh well, I am picky with items, my backpack will be enough!" is a nice approach, but sooner or later you will have a set you like for probably every hero. There are 108 heroes ( I believe) in Dota, and more to come.
    Then we get particular items you like.
    Then we get crates.
    Misc items like pennants, keys, couriers.

Dota has a lot of items for players to get/keep, and space being limited is concern that will affect everyone, sooner or later.

Now, the question is, is it worth to bring it up to Valve now, or wait and try to read what they want to do with it.

33. Post #2113
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    It's not fun that I have to ask friend/get second PC just to manage my items the way I want.
    You don't have to, Sandboxie let you run multiple Steam accounts at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #2114
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,026 Posts
    You don't have to, Sandboxie let you run multiple Steam accounts at the same time.
    External method, not in-steam.

I said doing item transfers in Dota isn't going to be as inconvenient as in TF2 due to lack of "influencial" items, so anything that pushes people towards using methods to do so seems counter-intuitive from developer stand point.

You want people to feel complete about your services. 3rd Party Software will always be there to complete/fix some stuff, but closer you are to having your program (Steam in this case, more particularly Dota 2) as the only tool user has to use most of the time in any situation associated with in-game activities, the better.
    For example, you can bet your ass that they will introduce tools for making Tournaments inside Dota client (as in organise, announce,etc) and you can already access forums via Steam Overlay and chatrooms via dashboard.

35. Post #2115

March 2012
    56 Posts
    I have the mythical brew master flail + brew master mythical vice of the west, from international chest.

i want 3 int keys or offer me through pm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

36. Post #2116
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    701 Posts
    Does anyone know what the price of Mythical Flail and Bottle for Brewmaster are?

37. Post #2117

August 2012
    75 Posts
    Does anyone know what the price of Mythical Flail and Bottle for Brewmaster are?
    they're not worth a lot. i see people trying to trade em for 1 key each. i had vice of the west and had a hard time trading it for 1 key. morph new comet set is worth more

38. Post #2118
    September 2010
    502 Posts
    I got a Force staff and would like to trade it for a Eul's

39. Post #2119
    July 2007
    177 Posts
    they're not worth a lot. i see people trying to trade em for 1 key each. i had vice of the west and had a hard time trading it for 1 key. morph new comet set is worth more
    I doubt it has that low a price. Being mythical and only from the International crates, I'd say they're worth more than 1 key each, and definitely worth more than the Comet's Tail set.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

40. Post #2120
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    The force staff is only a common, those 2 are uncommon! Not that desperate I'm afraid.

They're also only available in the chests..
    But you have two Golden Walrus Whackers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)