Foohy's Rollercoaster (AGAIN! :D)
    LinkTwilight's AWESOME Youtube Projector
    SiPlus's Assembly Debugger Thing
    Mr. Quiggles's Scary Moon Thing
    Aska49's TF2-Like Demo Shells
    Hentie's Fix for Overv's 3D Panels
    zzaacckk's Bonemerged Zombie
    Garry's crazy mind
    Wondering how feasible it would be to send Lua files in string tables - instead of using the dua file. Max size of a data entry is 16,384 bytes - but I could increase that.
    It'd have the advantage that when running a .dem file you'll have all the same client lua files as the person that recorded it.
    Flora's Shank-things
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mGmlB1UPsZ8
    Spencer's Sassilization Tests
    Sakarias88's Cloth Physics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gst6gD92hFk
    CapsAdmin's PAC3!
    gamerpaddy's arduino emulator
    [Still adding highlights]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,648 Posts
    you put the youtube projector twice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,945 Posts
    Not anymore. Will be adding some more soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,073 Posts
    *SUPERFLEX* Made highlights two months in a row! Like a boss.

Ontopic: Work continues on the Aerial Faith Plate. I plan to do many more of the Portal 2 entities.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    179 Posts
    Artax!

Little short script where on death, you slowly sink and plays the scene where Artax sinks into the Swamp of Sadness.

6. Post #6
    September 2001
    12,366 Posts
    I'm adding a `link` tool to GMod. I guess it's kinda like a simple version of wire. By default I'll just be enabling `linking` buttons to stuff like lamps, wheels, thrusters, hoverballs.

This is pretty much a request for input before I get too deep into it. Anyone have any opinions/feedback?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 10Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    June 2011
    529 Posts
    I'm adding a `link` tool to GMod. I guess it's kinda like a simple version of wire. By default I'll just be enabling `linking` buttons to stuff like lamps, wheels, thrusters, hoverballs.

This is pretty much a request for input before I get too deep into it. Anyone have any opinions/feedback?

Sounds cool, but I can't imagine myself using that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    192 Posts

Make it as simple as you can get it.

I know people struggle with similar tools (specifically wire)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    September 2001
    12,366 Posts
    Yeah - that's kinda why I'm doing it. Simplicity is the key.

I plan on having is so you hover hover a button with the tool enabled and it has options to click on like

On Pressed
    On Down
    On Up

then you hover over a lamp and it shows the inputs

Toggle On/Off
    Switch On
    Switch Off

I'm thinking about having an advanced section too, but this will probably come later.. things like

Change Brightness (then you enter units per second, limits)
    Change FOV

That way you could wire it to a wheel and have a button to change the speed of the wheel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2009
    333 Posts
    o̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶m̶̶m̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶:̶(
    ̶m̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶r̶̶d̶̶u̶̶i̶̶n̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶t̶̶u̶̶f̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶i̶̶s̶̶s̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶g̶̶a̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶i̶̶g̶̶h̶̶l̶̶i̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶̶s̶̶!̶

o thanx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    MoronYard
    May 2010
    1,264 Posts
    oh common :(
    My Arduino stuff missing again in highlights!
    hate u
    [Still adding highlights]
    He will probably get to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,217 Posts
    Ohgod my holo editor made the highlights, now I have to work on it again!

crap crap crap where did notepad go oh man gotta open up gmod aaaaaaaaa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2005
    3,934 Posts
    Ohgod my holo editor made the highlights, now I have to work on it again!

crap crap crap where did notepad go oh man gotta open up gmod aaaaaaaaa
    i thought exactly the same, but with pac3 when i saw your holo editor when you first posted it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts

some admin tool thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Since I saw someone desperately trying to get Overv's weird 3d2d vgui wrapper to work I decided me make my own.

It currently supports all Panel events except for OnKeyCodePressed which I'm looking into.

Text input is working for TextEntries though.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Lua King Lua King x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,073 Posts
    Yeah - that's kinda why I'm doing it. Simplicity is the key.

I plan on having is so you hover hover a button with the tool enabled and it has options to click on like

On Pressed
    On Down
    On Up

then you hover over a lamp and it shows the inputs

Toggle On/Off
    Switch On
    Switch Off

I'm thinking about having an advanced section too, but this will probably come later.. things like

Change Brightness (then you enter units per second, limits)
    Change FOV

That way you could wire it to a wheel and have a button to change the speed of the wheel.
    Sound's like doing this you could slowly move the CPanel away from being how it is now and have it be in right click menu's on entities themselves once you've linked them or what have you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Can't edit previous post, full key input is now working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Lua King Lua King x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,945 Posts
    Added the rest of the highlights. Happy June!

19. Post #19
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,621 Posts
    Not anything special but I think this is looking a lot better working. Replaced all but 2 chat related messages with a 'error box' that pops up when something is wrong. Ironed out all bugs. Even one I never thought of before in which you could use an already existing name.

Aiming for a release date next week Tuesday or Wednesday. Best part of all this work for those who are using forum software that have an paypal ipn / paypal ipn like plugin if your group is set to "vip" or something similar they'll gain access to that on the garry's mod server. This is all assuming you want vip privileges if you don't it off by default.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    May 2012
    15 Posts
    I'm working on a Pokemon gamemode.

User created Pokemon teams "Poketeams" (Team vs Team battles)
    Leveling system "Pokelevel" (Get XP for winning battles)
    Custom Pokemon Stadium map

I'm not certain on how the battling system will work yet, any Ideas or suggestions will be taken in. :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    -snip-

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2005
    3,934 Posts
    Gran, why optimistic?(Seriously wanna know, might be something important.)
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,621 Posts

This is what it looks like on the forums.

To anyone out their with xenforo license I need to get a hold of the software. If you currently hold one and would like for me to provide support please contact me. After I finish up vgui work for personal messages I will be conducting some code cleaning and then prepare for beta release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    127 Posts
    I worked a little bit on my YouTube projector again, I made some kind of volumetric effect thing.

I still need to work on dustmote particles, but I think it looks pretty good so far!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 3Lua King Lua King x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    March 2009
    333 Posts
    I worked a little bit on my YouTube projector again, I made some kind of volumetric effect thing.

I still need to work on dustmote particles, but I think it looks pretty good so far!
    How do you do that?
    Use a Lamp Material and overwrite the basetexture with ___vgui_<number> texture of the HTML browser?

i dont get it :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2009
    7,142 Posts

Working on fretta for beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,624 Posts

Working on fretta for beta.
    pez?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,609 Posts
    Pez used to be a good bhopper on GMOD and CSS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,529 Posts
    -pictures and text-
    a little late but your picture quality was kinda raped by jpg, just fyi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

February 2009
    466 Posts
    :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 35Lua King x 6Winner x 2Informative x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    179 Posts
    What am I looking at...

Something that can serve useful for my Pregnancy addon, of course!

Not that I would steal it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

32. Post #32
    S W
    May 2010
    316 Posts
    Working on a new class system for Fortwars. The plan is for the player to be able to build their class from a couple base classes which have certain restrictions, which is why the health and speed bars don't fill the whole bar. Each class will have certain weapons, specials, health limits, and speed limits that can be chosen. All limited by a point system to prevent people maxing out everything.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 18Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    August 2011
    49 Posts
    Working on creating a jail break gamemode that has as less extra baggage as possible, yet suited to the things i want to do in it, all while learning lua XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,073 Posts
    Why is this a thing? :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,898 Posts
    Perfect for DarkRP!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

36. Post #36
    January 2010
    1,434 Posts
    Working on a new class system for Fortwars. The plan is for the player to be able to build their class from a couple base classes which have certain restrictions, which is why the health and speed bars don't fill the whole bar. Each class will have certain weapons, specials, health limits, and speed limits that can be chosen. All limited by a point system to prevent people maxing out everything.

You have a 1 pixel seam on the top and bottom of your center gradient.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    S W
    May 2010
    316 Posts
    You have a 1 pixel seam on the top and bottom of your center gradient.
    I see that now too. That's odd as both the textured rect and the drawn rect are from (0,0) to (self:GetWide(), self:GetTall). Thanks for pointing it out though.

38. Post #38
    January 2009
    341 Posts
    I was bored, so I started making various things from movies.
    Bonus points if you can name movie.
    Now, how do I cut prop's physobject?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    I was bored, so I started making various things from movies.
    Bonus points if you can name movie.
    Now, how do I cut prop's physobject?
    Oh hey, Star Wars ep. 3!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    179 Posts
    Minecraft-esque chunks!

I want (no... need!) to gain a better understanding on manipulation of chunks, so why not attempt to learn in a environment that I'm an expert at; Garry's Mod! Main reason for this, is that I'm currently making an indie-game using Unity3D (yes... its language is in C# and JavaScript, I have my ways.), but for the life of me, I cannot start, since terrain generation is the ONLY way for me to properly start (I'm weird). Using my previous knowledge of how to render pixels, generating chunks has become easy. Here's a little snippet on generation:

Code:
    for x = 0, math.floor(RENDER_DISTANCE / 2) do
    	for y = 0, math.floor(RENDER_DISTANCE / 2) do
    		CreateChunk( Vector( self.Chunk.x + x, self.Chunk.y + y, 1) )
    		CreateChunk( Vector( self.Chunk.x - x, self.Chunk.y - y, 1) )
    		CreateChunk( Vector( self.Chunk.x - x, self.Chunk.y + y, 1) )
    		CreateChunk( Vector( self.Chunk.x + x, self.Chunk.y - y, 1) )
    	end
    end
    First, two FOR loops are created, one for the X COORD and one for the Y COORD (Z COORD can be done as well for infinite terrains in ALL axes). In the last FOR loop, generate your chunks in there. The function 'CreateChunk( Vector )' is a function defined outside of the loop. All it does, is create the chunk entity, and set it's position according to what's in the Vector given. The reason for 'CreateChunk( Vector )' four times, is for radial generation (Where it generates around the current chunk.) This achieves Minecraft-esque chunks, where the first chunk is created for loading the game, and after the game loads, chunks around the player loads.

After ALL players are an X amount (where X is the size of the RENDER_DISTANCE halved * the chunk size) away from any chunk, it saves into a .txt file (currently saves the color and position ), and radially generates EVERY Player's current chunk (Saved to a NWString). From there, infinite-cy is attained.

There are... complications with this system.

First off, there's chunk errors, not much of a rarity (I hate fucking ponies...) in Minecraft. This can be created by using the PhysGun to move the chunk. I'm trying to patch this error, but it can happen.

Chunk error!

Second, there's a VERY RARE chance of 'ED_Alloc: No Free Edicts' (Layman's Terms: Out of Memory). I'm implementing a limiter, where a maximum of 512 chunks (Entities cap is 2048) can exist in The Game (I lost...)

Third, performance, as it is an issue with Minecraft with too many chunks loaded. I would love to find alternative ways for a lot of performance-whoring actions, but there's not much. Only Think() and StartTouch() are the only performance whore processes, that I know of/are, that are being used.

Next on the agenda:

I plan on using structure generation (spawning homes here and there) based on a world seed, as well as saving EVERYTHING inside of the chunk. I have an idea on saving the contents of a chunk, it's not that hard.
    Edited:
    Note: I rewritten this post, as most of the things I said have changed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Lua King Lua King x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)