1. Post #1
    November 2009
    1,188 Posts
    Title pretty much says it all. Basically, post your OWN favorite shots, y'know, shots that your super-artsy self took. Perhaps some insight as to why you took said shots.

One of my favorite shots, because my friend was being an ass, and kept throwing rocks at the birds I was trying to take pictures of. Turns out, because he was throwing rocks, I actually got a really cool shot in my opinion.

I really enjoy this one just because of how nice it looks. It's like it could be advertised for the clothing line in a magazine or something of that nature.

This one was good one. The little kid had been skating around and screwing up, and he was pouting. I tried to take a picture incognito, but as I was about to take the picture, he gave me a really embarrassed look. Afterwards, he took off because he was shy or some shit.

One of the first skate pics I took off of my Holga 135. Always thought it was a cool double, and it includes my favorite thing to take pictures of: skaters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    181 Posts

DSC_0262 by iamStephen, on Flickr

Windsurfer. by iamStephen, on Flickr

This was always one of my favorites, nobody else seemed to like it as much as I did, which seems pretty common. The photos that other people like are usually some of my least favorite photos.

DSC_1133 by iamStephen, on Flickr

I just miss this place. Can't wait to be home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    July 2009
    77 Posts

I had an awesome time at the race, and got a photo I really like.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    387 Posts

Simple shot but I like it for some reason... So much feeling in it.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,946 Posts
    This is just the same as the Work That Inspires You Thread, please stop this.

Edited:

I had an awesome time at the race, and got a photo I really like.
    Do you live in Adelaide?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    November 2009
    1,188 Posts
    really? WELL, disregard this thread then.

7. Post #7
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,409 Posts
    The difference is that this thread is for favorite shots of your own.

Carry on gentlemen.

8. Post #8
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,944 Posts

Edited:

Do you live in Adelaide?
    I think it's fractionally different, in this thread you can be inspired by yourself!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2009
    1,188 Posts
    The difference is that this thread is for favorite shots of your own.

Carry on gentlemen.
    I can see why he may have been mislead. I just re-read the description of this topic, and it does sound a bit off. Lemme change that.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,946 Posts
    I'm really sorry for jumping on this thread so stupidly, I hope I can be forgiven :(

Edited:

Michael by samhaberman, on Flickr

Without a doubt, the photo that I am the most proud of. I was ecstatic when I posted it, and I'm still outrageously happy with it today. I like it so much because it perfectly captures the way I saw it on the day, the colours came out just perfect, and the fact that the way I composed and framed it all made it greater than the sum of its parts (this is hard to explain, only really can be understood if you were there on the day).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2012
    170 Posts

Flamboyant by Brandy.92, on Flickr

http://500px.com/photo/8218056

I loved capturing this little guy.

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    77 Posts
    Do you live in Adelaide?
    Yeah, it was a really fun race as well :)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,946 Posts
    Yeah, it was a really fun race as well :)
    I did Pedal Prix in years 6 and 7 for Highgate Primary. I had the third fastest qualifying lap at the 24 hour race at Murray Bridge and was therefore on the starting grid! I miss it so much, such a great experience.

14. Post #14
    Antichristian Heathen Icelandic Bastard
    June 2008
    5,699 Posts
    I have quite a few shots that I'm truly proud of:

This one is said to be my best shot. Accidentally took the photo in JPEG.

DSC_0003.jpg by Dannimagn, on Flickr

Capturing the moment can be so magnificent when you realize that after you took the photo that the theory of evolution is taking place right before you. When I see this one it reminds me why I enjoy taking photos:

DSC_0038.jpg by Dannimagn, on Flickr

My all time favourite, I managed to capture my biology teacher searching for equipment in a 70 year old laboratory

DSC_0059.jpg by Dannimagn, on Flickr

And then there's this one I have no fitting description for:

DSC_0122.jpg by Dannimagn, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Iceland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2008
    1,510 Posts
    This shot I like because it's a very simple but very powerful image.

One of my favorite portraits, I just love the hint of environment in the back.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2009
    1,188 Posts
    This shot I like because it's a very simple but very powerful image.

is that a coffin?

17. Post #17
    September 2008
    1,510 Posts
    is that a coffin?
    Yessum, it was just standing there in the entrance of a garage at an old Long Island estate; it was empty however.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,754 Posts

Bristol II by Endangered_Human, on Flickr

Nostalgia by Endangered_Human, on Flickr

Nothing special, but I'm learning.

19. Post #19
    Giving Away Games
    December 2009
    4,114 Posts
    Definitely my best.

IMG_1036 by WastedJamacan, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,207 Posts

Bristol II by Endangered_Human, on Flickr

Nothing special, but I'm learning.
    Oh man, I remember this shot. It's beautiful.
    England is a beautiful country. So many shades of green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,258 Posts

DSC_2084 by Olle.S, on Flickr

DSC_1872 by Olle.S, on Flickr

DSC_1741 by Olle.S, on Flickr

Venus, Jupiter and Aurora3 by Olle.S, on Flickr

DSC_0864 by Olle.S, on Flickr

I like these ones the most because I had so much fun taking them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,104 Posts
    Every single one of them is great, now something inside me says the one before last needs more of the sea in it for balance, but I imagine you didn't want to miss the Aurora or the stars.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,258 Posts
    Every single one of them is great, now something inside me says the one before last needs more of the sea in it for balance, but I imagine you didn't want to miss the Aurora or the stars.

Aurora by Olle.S, on Flickr

VV?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,485 Posts
    I like this one because of how close we are and the way the light reflects off her eyes

Brown eyes by Red Pan, on Flickr
    This one because of how nicely the greens blend together

Sleepy by Red Pan, on Flickr
    This was my first time with the light leak, and it went right down the spider and I thought it looked brilliant

Spidurr by Red Pan, on Flickr

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts

010-4 by Bohan Pang, on Flickr

IMG_3993 by Bohan Pang, on Flickr

IMG_2890-3 by Bohan Pang, on Flickr

IMG_2838-2 by Bohan Pang, on Flickr

Teaser by Bohan Pang, on Flickr

IMG_2186-2 small by Bohan Pang, on Flickr

These are my favourites shots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    August 2011
    56 Posts
    for me, my favorite shot was when i ejaculated all over your mother's face
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic x 4Dumb x 3Agree x 2Informative x 1Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,104 Posts

Aurora by Olle.S, on Flickr

VV?
    That's epic!

28. Post #28
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,990 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,258 Posts
    That sun man, perfect!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,990 Posts
    That sun man, perfect!
    Thanks! But actually it was a house in the distance, and the white light was from a full moon. It was a 2ish second exposure, f1.4, and ISO 1600.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Giving Away Games
    December 2009
    4,114 Posts
    I wish my schedule allowed me to take night shots..

32. Post #32
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    2 favorite film shots

Not sure about digital

33. Post #33

May 2012
    69 Posts
    my best

34. Post #34
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,851 Posts
    Link directly to the image, not the page

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,207 Posts
    I feel like I know that view.
    Maybe it's just one of those places...

(on the ever so minute off-chance it is, I was thinking of Queanbeyan, ACT, Aus.

37. Post #37
    January 2009
    916 Posts
    Not one of my best shots, but one of my favorites.

I was in a photography class where for an assignment we were tasked with shooting the shapes of the letters of the alphabet. I "found" (some of them were... encouraged) all of them except G. I was absolutely stumped on G. So I decided "fuck it" and tried to make it look as obtusely artificial as possible. My teacher was quite amused.

It also spawned this, frankly, really badass lighting trick. I need to use this in another shot. I just now, several months after shooting it, realized some of its potential.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    I feel like I know that view.
    Maybe it's just one of those places...

(on the ever so minute off-chance it is, I was thinking of Queanbeyan, ACT, Aus.
    It's definitely just one of those places, it's taken in Tenterfield, NSW, Aus.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,207 Posts
    It's definitely just one of those places, it's taken in Tenterfield, NSW, Aus.
    Well, either way, it's a beautiful part of the country.
    Stayed 1 night in Tenterfield in 2008. No idea why I went there... Was (trying to) hitchhike to Brisbane and that's where my lift was going, so I took his offer.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    Stayed 1 night in Tenterfield in 2008. No idea why I went there... Was (trying to) hitchhike to Brisbane and that's where my lift was going, so I took his offer.
    That's more than enough for a life time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)