1. Post #41
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Holy crap, broodmother and drow. Get broodmother to get a couple early levels of incapacitating bite, brood can run around and attack and drow can stack slows meaning they can't get away. The great thing about broodmother is that you never know if she's right behind you or in another web somewhere else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    My friend and I did Venomancer + Shadow Shaman lane against solo Broodmother.
    We fucking raped the shit out of her.

Edited:

Get broodmother to get a couple early levels of incapacitating bite
    That's not how you play Broodmother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #43
    wug
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    I guess it's situational then. It's good for early kills.

4. Post #44
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    I guess it's situational then. It's good for early kills.
    Which is not your job as a pusher/semi-carry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    wug
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Okay then, if you're still in lane by level 10 you can start. Happy now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    July 2010
    4,102 Posts
    Okay then, if you're still in lane by level 10 you can start. Happy now?
    Brood in a lane with a partner is nearly always a waste. The point of brood is being able to take 1v2 lanes easily, and to eat towers when people leave lanes. Without dust/wards it is literally impossible to force her out of the lane in the early game, and even with them, it's still a complete pain in the ass to keep her out of xp range.

She can do all of this without any help beyond roaming support.

Once you get an orchid you can generally eat individual heroes that try to stop her from pushing since soul burn with her snares and right click ult really hurts.

If you want something involving drow, stick her with something like a venomancer, or crystal maiden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    Holy crap, broodmother and drow. Get broodmother to get a couple early levels of incapacitating bite, brood can run around and attack and drow can stack slows meaning they can't get away. The great thing about broodmother is that you never know if she's right behind you or in another web somewhere else.
    why would you run brood in a dual lane
    why would you run her in a dual lane with another carry
    why would you get early levels in her orb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Weedlord of Bournemouth
    May 2012
    828 Posts
    why would you run brood in a dual lane
    why would you run her in a dual lane with another carry
    why would you get early levels in her orb
    mother cumsss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,027 Posts
    N'aix and Ogre Magi.

Actually, I'm looking for a good Ogre Magi to do this combo with me, preferably in the U.S. area.

Add me if you want to play

10. Post #50
    April 2011
    2,648 Posts
    Sand King + Any other ranged heroe that can deal damage, stun/slow = dead enemy

I have good combos with SK, my friend always picks CM or Drow Ranger, and they are dead. CM for extra difficulty, but blinking together with our ultis in team fights is too awesome

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    Mouz did Dark Seer / Venomancer earlier and it worked fantastically. Venomancer's massive slow paired with Dark Seer simply running along with Ion Shell.
    Oh man I just got to try this out and it's amazing. Not only did we shut down our lane, but we had time to gank and roam so we completely shut down Nightstalker and made him ragequit.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    346 Posts
    Razorbane lane, bane nightmares and Razor gets the full duration of static link off, dealing 150 dmg at lvl 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    As the radiant, Jungle/pull naix with Slardar on the bot lane.

Get lvl 2 with both and then you can dominate the lane doing little ganks, Open wounds + Slardars stun its a dead hero every 20 seconds.

And since you are pulling with Nai'x, you deny shitloads of exp to the enemy so you force them to get closer to you or recieve almost no exp or gold.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,823 Posts
    ursa + crystal maiden
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    April 2007
    4,980 Posts
    Outworld Destroyer + Leshrac.

Leshrac ulti is now usable whenever the fuck you feel like it thanks to infinite mana aura.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,947 Posts
    Outworld Destroyer + Leshrac.

Leshrac ulti is now usable whenever the fuck you feel like it thanks to infinite mana aura.
    It's already usable whenever the fuck you feel like it if you buy the right items. No idea what you are talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    November 2010
    1,692 Posts
    Toggling it has no cooldown and has a chance to trigger OD's aura. You can constantly toggle it on and off for ridiculous amounts of mana.

18. Post #58
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Toggling it has no cooldown and has a chance to trigger OD's aura. You can constantly toggle it on and off for ridiculous amounts of mana.
    USING LESHRAC'S ULT.

TO GAIN MANA.

Edited:

Doe sit work on storm spirit? Can you ball lighting as much as you want in a team-fight with OD around?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,912 Posts
    USING LESHRAC'S ULT.

TO GAIN MANA.

Edited:

Doe sit work on storm spirit? Can you ball lighting as much as you want in a team-fight with OD around?
    Nope.

20. Post #60
    March 2010
    374 Posts
    Juggernaut+anyone who has more than 2 CC spells (Lion, Shadow Shaman, CM)

21. Post #61
    July 2010
    5,021 Posts
    PA + Lesharc, especially against a squishy hero like Sniper or Drow.
    Got fed well one game against a Drow and Warlock who kept feeding by falling for Lesh's Q. One time, we were literally both low HP and she tower dived to orbwalk me, but I was able to run out of her range and use my Q against her. She couldn't chase me nor escape, and ended up dying to the tower .

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    I quite like Treant/Huskar, you can heal him up from blazing spears with Leech Seed, slow down enemies to keep them in range for longer, and Nature's Guise makes it hella easy to gank.

23. Post #63
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,972 Posts
    I found Invoker + Faceless Void to be a good laning combo for the match I just played. Cold snap plus slow with chance of an extra stun ontop. Was up against Huskar and Phantom Assassin.

24. Post #64
    July 2009
    605 Posts
    Lone Druid + Spirit Bear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 3Zing Zing x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    April 2011
    6,242 Posts
    Lone Druid + Spirit Bear
    Beast Master + Boar

Lycantrophe + Wolves

Troll + Batrider

Chaos Knight + his favorite horse

Alchemist + Ogre

Ogre Magi + Ogre Magi

Invoker + his fancy cape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    September 2010
    1,254 Posts
    Sven and CM

Edited:

Oh, double poison/ slow poison lane. Viper and venomancer.

27. Post #67
    November 2009
    1,963 Posts
    Juggernaut/Shadow Shaman.

Won't work great on competent players. I enjoy it with a friend though when we play against some less intelligent people.

Ether shock them down a few times. Shackle them, and Juggernaut spins to win. Rack a few kills up. SS ults the tower and Juggernaut spins it. Congrats you beat a lane in 5 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    UMINEKO IS THE BEST THING EVER
    July 2010
    338 Posts
    Windrunner and Lich seem to work well.

Shackle two heroes together, then chain frost. Orb bounces only between them.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,449 Posts
    Right now, with a friend we're experimenting with pudge and chen to try and grab people into the spawn. It's a bit tricky but it's so funny when you manage to do it.

We will try it in a pub game later and see if it's a viable option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,900 Posts
    Ogre Magi and Axe sounded good to me on paper, but I haven't been able to try it

31. Post #71
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Right now, with a friend we're experimenting with pudge and chen to try and grab people into the spawn. It's a bit tricky but it's so funny when you manage to do it.

Unless you get a kill every time, it's not worth it, you lose so much time, and this, gold and XP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    October 2009
    12,683 Posts

It's rarely ever worth it. It's just a fun thing to do if you are winning really hard or losing really hard.

(Well if you need to TP back anyway I guess give it a shot if you can.)

33. Post #73
    April 2007
    4,980 Posts
    Ogre Magi and Axe sounded good to me on paper, but I haven't been able to try it
    Any carry hero who has big damage potential benefits from Ogra Magi.

His buff simply makes them twice as stronk, and punch objects twice as fast.
    There simply is damn near no stopping an early blood lust Ursa/Axe/Lycan/Drow, and getting a multicast in a teamfight makes your entire team twice as stronk. I can't count the situations were I've simply spammed bloodlust and turned a teamfight around
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Mortred and Ogre Magi seems to be a very effective lane combo.
    Also DK and Leshrac, first blood forever.

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,582 Posts
    Played Leshrac and laned with an Ogre Magi.

STUN CITY.

36. Post #76
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    riki and bh best combo

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    riki and bh best combo
    every time I see this on my team I throw my keyboard and then sit in a corner crying for the rest of the match
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #78
    April 2011
    475 Posts
    vengeful spirit and chaos knight
    cant even get in exp range

39. Post #79
    June 2009
    52 Posts
    riki and bh best combo
    then sentry ward

40. Post #80
    April 2011