1. Post #121
    Weedlord of Bournemouth
    May 2012
    828 Posts
    Sven and Rubick. Rube initiates with telekinesis and Sven attacks while the target is in the air. Rubick throws the enemy backward (in the direction of your tower, so they have to run past sven to get back to their tower) and Sven uses Storm Hammer and activates his E for chasing if need be. Chances are the enemy will use a stun/slow to escape, which Rubick can steal, allowing for yet another disable. This will almost always result in a lot of kills, sven and rube winning the lane, and sven going on to become a carry through the midgame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    Don't know if anyone said this but Slardar and Vengeful Spirit.
    Vengeful Spirit stuns, Slardar runs up and uses his stun, then Slardar rapes due to mass armor reduction/physical damage buffs.

3. Post #123
    November 2007
    309 Posts
    I played Viper / Veno with a friend. I have to admit, it was pretty hilarious. It rapes squshies so hard, you can't believe it.

Not sure how viable it is, but the harass you can get out of this lane is incredible. Also kills on a lane like that are very easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,887 Posts
    undying and wisp

near minion wave, wisp can tether to undying, have undying soul rip wisp, congratulations you are now both healed

your tower diving ability is nuts and your lane sustain is absurdly strong, plus you can push rather easily

Edited:

also global presence pushing once you're at 6 pretty much guarantees you winning all the lanes w/ undying

5. Post #125
    March 2008
    21 Posts
    Ursa + Disruptor. If an enemy is trapped within Kinetic Field, Ursa pretty much has a guaranteed kill. Thunder Strike also easily finishes off enemies that try to escape with low HP.
    Basically, any long duration disable (Rubick, Veno, Wisp etc.)+Ursa ruins enemies that get close.

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    Ursa + Interceptor. If an enemy is trapped within Kinetic Field, Ursa pretty much has a guaranteed kill. Thunder Strike also easily finishes off enemies that try to escape with low HP.
    Basically, any long duration disable (Rubick, Veno, Wisp etc.)+Ursa ruins enemies that get close.
    Interceptor? And yeah, any kinetic field plus aimed/strong AoE skill is pretty much an instant win in teamfights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    March 2008
    21 Posts
    Interceptor? And yeah, any kinetic field plus aimed/strong AoE skill is pretty much an instant win in teamfights.
    Uh, I meant to type Disruptor. Guess I should make more coffee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,938 Posts
    Disruptor and Dark Seer. Everything they do, works together incredibly well.

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,878 Posts
    Funny combo, but not the best you could think of, yet quite powerful in early game is Dark Seer and Gondar (or any other invisibility hero). You just put Ion Shell on the other hero, wait for HP to come down a bit and just gank. Easy kills, because usually people don't realize what is happening.
    I actually tried this in a pub game and I made a sniper have Wraith band and boots 30 minutes in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,057 Posts
    Chen + pudge

totally legit lane pair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Late Late x 2 (list)

11. Post #131
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,400 Posts
    yes it does still work

iirc valve said they are keeping it because it's super hard to pull off and it's nothing too important
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #132
    March 2010
    2,435 Posts
    I played Viper / Veno with a friend. I have to admit, it was pretty hilarious. It rapes squshies so hard, you can't believe it.

Not sure how viable it is, but the harass you can get out of this lane is incredible. Also kills on a lane like that are very easy.
    I can testify to this, a friend and I managed to notch up 8 kills on my Viper during the laning phase. One time Shadow Demon died, ported back in and we just melted him in about 2 seconds. It's ridiculous.

13. Post #133
    April 2011
    6,232 Posts
    It would've been a good tactic if people used it at the right time, and not always or never.

14. Post #134
    March 2010
    374 Posts
    Dark Seer and Juggernaut

Edited:

yes it does still work

iirc valve said they are keeping it because it's super hard to pull off and it's nothing too important
    It's also possible in DoTA 1 I think

15. Post #135
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,507 Posts
    Chen + pudge

totally legit lane pair
    Veno getting hooked looks hilarious.

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    864 Posts
    Veno and Undying. This is a reliable first blood almost every single time for my friends and I.
    Our record is 00:51 first blood in lane.

Decay, slow, dead. It works replacing Veno with Disruptor, too.

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,582 Posts
    Veno and Undying. This is a reliable first blood almost every single time for my friends and I.
    Our record is 00:51 first blood in lane.

Decay, slow, dead. It works replacing Veno with Disruptor, too.
    I think I remember you guys doing that while I was playing with you.

18. Post #138
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    Who's good with Luna? I like playing her and wonder if she could benefit from someone laning with 'er.

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    346 Posts
    Luna is a good mid, seeing as she hits like a truck, and has the fastest base movespeed so you'd get to the rune fasters than most heroes; unless they have a blink. Getting to lvl 6 quickly for eclipse can really wreck a lane/mid (especially if he's going for a rune).

For laning, I guess any ranged babysitter would work; like cm, lich, etc. The damage aura makes their harass hit a lot harder aswell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    April 2010
    883 Posts
    Rubick and Juggernaut, once you hit level 3 you can easily take a few kills.

Once juggernaut has level 2 spin and you have either level 2 telekinesis or Fade bolt you have the damage to clean most people up.

If you lift up someone with telekinesis and allow juggernaut to spin underneath them, and there you go.

21. Post #141
    April 2011
    2,643 Posts
    Disruptor, Sand King, Undying, Zeus and Shadow fiend made funny team fights. Really funny ones

No idea about lanes besides Sand King + any ranged carry with slow down

22. Post #142
    June 2009
    3,692 Posts
    SK/ES Naga, also wisp ursa is a joke

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,938 Posts
    Kotl and Axe. Battle hunger 24/7.

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,130 Posts
    Now that's just fucking cruel. With illuminate too.

25. Post #145
    January 2012
    4 Posts
    I've done Ursa and Tiny, flying bear.

"It's Raining Ursas..."

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,869 Posts
    I need good lane partners for Rubick and Slardar.

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,199 Posts
    Rubick can work like Shadow Demon for setting up easy timed spells (Split Earth, Torrent)
    Slardar is pretty good with any ranged hero that has a stun or a slow. Vengeful Spirit might be one of the best since she amplifies physical damage.

28. Post #148
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    For Rubick: any carry that needs a stunner
    For Slardar: Any support that has a stun, special mention for Keeper of the Light that allows you early crushes.

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,515 Posts
    I was in a game today where our bot lane was Naga Siren and Shadow Demon. Seems like they took huge shits on them down there cuz they got tons of kills, against Omniknight and Juggernaut. I didn't look too closely but as I understand it, Naga would snare them and Shadow Demon would just stack up his poison and spam his spells as they couldn't run away.

30. Post #150
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,910 Posts
    I like to go keeper of the light and any carry with a stun (like skeleton king, sven or chaos knight)
    Carry stuns, keeper casts illuminate while the carry right clicks the enemy to death
    Also mana leak is pretty good to keep enemies in place, or stun them if they are stupid enough to move

31. Post #151
    November 2007
    309 Posts
    Tried this out with a friend today. The first game was a little harsh against two ranged heroes, but we still won the lane. Second game was against two melees and we simply steam rolled them.

Extremly strong combination, I have to say, but still counterable if you're not an idiot.

32. Post #152
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    Not necessarily a great laning combo, but when Lyca gets picked I usually go Vengeful Spirit.

By just roaming besides Lyca with the basic farm items, and MAYBE even applying a stun to the first enemy hero you meet, Lyca and his wolves will fucking destroy you.

(Point here; +30% dmg from Lyca to himself, +36% dmg from Venge, +15% dmg from Vlad's)

33. Post #153
    Tiny and Gandalf lane.
    Avalanche into illuminate and a toss if you want to be merciful.

34. Post #154
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    KotL + Luna

It's so nice getting to spam her beam.

35. Post #155
    Am I Cool Yet?
    August 2009
    1,284 Posts
    I feel like FV and Sniper would make a good team, since you can be out of the range of Chronosphere with Take Aim

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,007 Posts
    yeah but that's also two carries which is generally a nono

37. Post #157
    ~ ducks ~
    April 2011
    2,327 Posts
    wisp + dazzle, wisp with dagon can usually fuck people up pretty bad with that tether range and speed, plus no one expects it

38. Post #158
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    yeah but that's also two carries which is generally a nono
    Unless you end up playing Sniper as a ganker.

39. Post #159
    November 2010
    79 Posts
    -snip-

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    322 Posts
    Dark Seer + Clinkz

Ion shell on Clinkz.. Skeleton Walk in a circle around enemy.. When low health Clinkz finishes with searing arrow for quick kill.

Rinse and Repeat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)