1. Post #1
    May 2007
    84 Posts
    as the title suggests, what are your visions for a perfect npc/snpc that can be used in gmod?

personally, i would like a giant octopus-type creature that has lots of tentacles that can burrow underground, grabbing and eating other npcs. :D
    sorta like the hydra from the hl2 beta. and yes, someone did make a hydra snpc, but other npcs ignore it and all it does is stab things. :P

or maybe even a working facehugger (from the alien movie series) complete with a life cycle ranging from the chestburster to the adult drone/warrior.

but easiest npcs that could be made are starcraft 2 npcs including the terran protoss and especialy zerg uinits and vehicles.

please tell me your ideas! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    Gundams.

Seriously, imagine playing on big city when a bunch of fucking robots fly over you and try to kill you.
    Even cooler if they were scripted to climb up walls and fly and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2011
    45 Posts
    I could see hydras being easily abused on MP servers, eg, spawn being filled with them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2010
    472 Posts
    DOG with the ability to fight, or a giant combine mech that will smash everything in its path to get you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,104 Posts
    Super mutant behemoth from Fallout 3.

6. Post #6
    April 2011
    1,375 Posts
    A. Fucking. Mech. It couldnt possibly be simpler than that, i mean seeing that shit wreck and destroy everything............. for a mouse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    My idea is NPC packs with cars that shoot very much like the car (I forgot what name is) from command and conquer which is a pickup car with an attached turret behind. it will ram you and will shoot you. it should also work with nodes. :D
    also, second, is a behemoth from fallout 3 (I agree with bucketofshrimp)with a wide array of weapons like a nailed wooden board and axes and miniguns. that would be so swell. more ideas to come. somehow, I wish some modder would recognize this thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2011
    1,375 Posts
    Another idea is a npc which can pretty much do what the average human can do, like climb a fucking ladder and not wonder what the hell it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    agreed. also, it would be nice if there's an npc that could drive a car... that would be very groundbreaking.. but alas.. it's almost impossible.. or is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,373 Posts
    Another idea is a npc which can pretty much do what the average human can do, like climb a fucking ladder and not wonder what the hell it is
    bots do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    May 2007
    84 Posts
    My idea is NPC packs with cars that shoot very much like the car (I forgot what name is) from command and conquer which is a pickup car with an attached turret behind. it will ram you and will shoot you. it should also work with nodes. :D
    also, second, is a behemoth from fallout 3 (I agree with bucketofshrimp)with a wide array of weapons like a nailed wooden board and axes and miniguns. that would be so swell. more ideas to come. somehow, I wish some modder would recognize this thread
    that already exists, its called Neurocars or something like that

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,129 Posts
    still waiting on garry to add navmeshes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,186 Posts
    One idea that I had stuck in my head for a year or so was the possibility of including a "NPC 2.0" which dosent rely on animations, instead creating its own animations for every action it does and reacting realistically to whatever the hell happens to it. and it has complete full range of movement, because im mainly tired of repetitive shooting or running animations. and maybe even drive vehicles and fly aircraft. (AKA it can do anything without repetitive animations and isnt anywhere close to Euphoria)
    Probably impossible but havent we all wished for this once maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,373 Posts
    One idea that I had stuck in my head for a year or so was the possibility of including a "NPC 2.0" which dosent rely on animations, instead creating its own animations for every action it does and reacting realistically to whatever the hell happens to it. and it has complete full range of movement, because im mainly tired of repetitive shooting or running animations. and maybe even drive vehicles and fly aircraft. (AKA it can do anything without repetitive animations and isnt anywhere close to Euphoria)
    Probably impossible but havent we all wished for this once maybe?
    no, not really. most of the official NPC's or professionally made NPC's have been good to me. Silverlans for example; the quality and effort put into the scripting of the NPC's along with the custom animations make it really top-notch.

15. Post #15
    March 2009
    71 Posts
    bots do that

Where does one find these, "bots," for gmod?

16. Post #16
    January 2012
    68 Posts
    A full working and talking Portal 2 GLaDOS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    August 2011
    34 Posts
    A full working and talking Portal 2 GLaDOS.
    This x6, something that can splurt random insults
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2012
    165 Posts
    I could see hydras being easily abused on MP servers, eg, spawn being filled with them

These Hydras?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,234 Posts

These Hydras?
    Can't tell if trolling.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2012
    165 Posts
    Can't tell if trolling.

Still. It gives you an idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2012
    36 Posts
    i think it would be more better if someone can make this: the lav from bf3 that shoots cannon and mounted guns, a snpc that involve with sword fighting, maybe upgrade the Ai for rebels like if they go too close to the enemy it would knife it, and the one npc annoys me is when the metro police standing in T-pose when holding a different gun (i think except the pistol). i hope this would be a good idea. btw IT would be badass if they make a guy with suicide bomber and any duel wield guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    i think it would be more better if someone can make this: the lav from bf3 that shoots cannon and mounted guns, a snpc that involve with sword fighting, maybe upgrade the Ai for rebels like if they go too close to the enemy it would knife it, and the one npc annoys me is when the metro police standing in T-pose when holding a different gun (i think except the pistol). i hope this would be a good idea. btw IT would be badass if they make a guy with suicide bomber and any duel wield guns.
    Sounds like a game of COD too me

23. Post #23
    August 2010
    432 Posts
    As said before, big-ass flying robots that can climb walls and shit.

Of course, they won't be of much use until someone makes a FULLY FUCKING DESTRUCTIBLE VERSION OF BIG CITY!

AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2011
    39 Posts
    The only thing expected from some people, something real simple is Ministrider from Episode One, the black hunter that shoots ar2 bullets and not blue hunter that fires flechettes from episode 2.

It looks real simple. Play idle animations, play "deploy" animation when saw an enemy, shoots ar2 bullets to enemy then undeploys.

25. Post #25
    August 2010
    432 Posts
    The only thing expected from some people, something real simple is Ministrider from Episode One, the black hunter that shoots ar2 bullets and not blue hunter that fires flechettes from episode 2.

It looks real simple. Play idle animations, play "deploy" animation when saw an enemy, shoots ar2 bullets to enemy then undeploys.
    "Not blue hunter"? The only thing I can find about that is a cut skin where the hunter has red eyes.

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    39 Posts

It's in HL2:EP1 models folder, named ministrider.mdl. It's half complete hunter, no name has given yet and ministrider_animations.mdl has to be recompiled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Turkey Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    August 2010
    432 Posts

It's in HL2:EP1 models folder, named ministrider.mdl. It's half complete hunter, no name has given yet and ministrider_animations.mdl has to be recompiled.
    I was talking about the "not blue hunter that fires flechettes from episode 2". I know about Episode 1's ministrider.