1. Post #1
    January 2011
    562 Posts
    Is anyone else sick of going on garrysmod.org and finding something cool only to find out it's an adv dupe that doesn't even include the models it uses?

Aren't adv dupes supposed to get you banned anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Yes they are, but there is no proper administration of garrysmod.org
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #3
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    I'm tired of them simply because nobody makes their own shit anymore. If they need a helicopter, they just go to garrysmod.org and download one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    it would be cool if they don't use adv. dupes cause people always have to look for everything in the internet especially for nabs and it is a pain in the arse. it would be cool if you just looked for a mech and it would show something like sakarias88's mech that doesnt need lots of separate mods to use it. I totally agree with the OP

5. Post #5
    January 2011
    562 Posts
    Yes they are, but there is no proper administration of garrysmod.org
    It'd be great if Garry would put some moderators on the site, I personally wouldn't mind spending a couple hours a day weeding out the adv dupes and shit...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    It'd be great if Garry would put some moderators on the site, I personally wouldn't mind spending a couple hours a day weeding out the adv dupes and shit...
    You do realize that the only dupes that should be removed are the ones that were uploaded after the rule of no adv_dupes rolled out, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    August 2009
    1,108 Posts
    No, I'm sick of going to www.garrysmod.org trying to find something cool, and finding 20 versions of the same shitty ragdolls and sweps from the same shitty games instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,796 Posts
    Is garrysmod.org even gonna exist after GMod 13 comes out? Seems like Workshop takes its place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Casual Bananas
    February 2011
    1,709 Posts
    People actually use garrysmod.org?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    of course some still do.. trying and hoping to see an original creation..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    December 2010
    883 Posts
    Is garrysmod.org even gonna exist after GMod 13 comes out? Seems like Workshop takes its place.
    Oh my I hope that isn't true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    Garry said he'd keep garrysmod.org open as long as people used it, even when GM13 comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2011
    84 Posts
    I personally think that some adv dupes should be kept. And, accounts shouldn't be permabanned, but like a month or so.
    Dupes that should be removed:
    Shite "ADMINBASE1337OMG" laggy PHX boxes
    Any dupe that says "Map"
    Anything stolen
    Huge, inefficient, laggy non parented SB ships
    Sechposes
    any fake "NPC" that is a dupe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,454 Posts
    killl bren v 390485734097835703.32p546793459
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,282 Posts
    killl bren v 390485734097835703.32p546793459
    combaen fort v13040921

16. Post #16
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    I'm tired of them simply because nobody makes their own shit anymore. If they need a helicopter, they just go to garrysmod.org and download one.
    I miss when people would make big ass thruster jets and shit and use gcombat to blow the fuck out of each other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    pisses me off that 60000 idiots post their shitty dupes on gmod.org, so that garry doesn't allow them anymore, so the people who can actually make a decent dupe can't post them there.

one of the reasons i don't play gmod so much anymore is because i can't release stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #18
    December 2011
    57 Posts
    I get pissed off when my dupes get stolen and posted on Garrysmod.org. Then I go on a server, spawn my contraption, and then someone tells me its on Garrysmod.org. Also, people don't believe I made the contraption and think I am a minge...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,650 Posts
    combaen fort v13040921
    Mai GUnZ shhop 4 DarKRP.

Edited:

Mai csutom jubs for DaRKrP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,479 Posts
    pisses me off that 60000 idiots post their shitty dupes on gmod.org, so that garry doesn't allow them anymore, so the people who can actually make a decent dupe can't post them there.

one of the reasons i don't play gmod so much anymore is because i can't release stuff.
    It's official: morons killed Karbine. Damn them all.

21. Post #21
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts

Nobodies really stopping you from releasing anything...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    It's a game where kids are able to unleash their creativity and imagination and create somewhat real-world structures that they otherwise might not be able to do in real life due to lack of tools, materials, and money.

Of course when they think that they made something cool, they'll want to share it.
    And then there are those little shits who want to look cool so they share what other people created.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    January 2011
    562 Posts
    I'm just sick of searching through the files for something to do and finding 300 'PENUS GUN PRESS 8 TO FIRE' dupes made of three untextured props and a turret
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,169 Posts
    So many shit Adv. Dupes everywhere.

Sure there are a few cool ones but the rest of the Adv. Dupe shit on there (the 98%) is just, well, shit.

25. Post #25
    August 2009
    1,108 Posts
    So many shit Adv. Dupes everywhere.

Sure there are a few cool ones but the rest of the Adv. Dupe shit on there (the 98%) is just, well, shit.
    Same can be said for everything on the site. 98% of the ragdolls are shit(and 100% of them are useless, make models for building. . .that's what this game is for).

26. Post #26
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    Nobodies really stopping you from releasing anything...
    i can't put dupes on gmod.org, and putting them elsewhere would be silly.

Edited:

Appox is the one at fault. It was his decision to not allow dupes anymore. So instead of enabling a select few to upload them, just banned them all. Typical British.

27. Post #27
    January 2009
    3,859 Posts
    i can't put dupes on gmod.org, and putting them elsewhere would be silly.
    How is it silly? Mention it in a post here, use another filehost. Dupefiles aren't very large.

28. Post #28
    January 2012
    165 Posts
    Lord, help this website.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Conna is finally become inter-national dick. Conna 애미뒤진 씹새끼^^
    December 2008
    1,726 Posts
    Autodelete when post contains 'dupe' 'duplicator'
    And autoban when someone uploaded a zip file contains .txt file without some .lua or .mdl or .vmt

30. Post #30
    September 2011
    711 Posts
    autoban when someone uploaded a zip file contains .txt file without some .lua or .mdl or .vmt
    It has a filter to weed out things like that, but people usually just create empty lua files.

31. Post #31
    August 2009
    1,108 Posts
    Lord, help this website.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2012
    165 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    I'm sorry but that's really dumb. Garrysmod.org wasn't made for learning you quantom physics, it was made as a place to share your stuff. Since when did the stuff there have to be instructive in order to stay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    August 2009
    1,108 Posts
    I never said anything had to be 'instructive', but on that note, Garry's Mod is a physics sandbox. Physics. . .sandbox.

Its not fair to remove dupes when the holes will just be filled by another desert eagle reskin or call of duty ragdoll.

35. Post #35
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,057 Posts
    Lord, help this website.

And you thought this is bad? Back in 2006 there was a gamesave of flatgrass called "thruster chair". It's literally what the name suggests. It's a gamesave where a wooden chair with a thruster on the bottom is placed at the spawn area.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2009
    4 Posts
    What about all the broken portal guns...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    January 2012
    165 Posts
    Seriously?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    October 2011
    190 Posts
    I never said anything had to be 'instructive', but on that note, Garry's Mod is a physics sandbox. Physics. . .sandbox.

Its not fair to remove dupes when the holes will just be filled by another desert eagle reskin or call of duty ragdoll.
    Exactly.

What about the dupes that are actually very good and took people ages to build?

Also, what should be removed are the piles of crap Deagle reskins and MLP ragdolls that currently clog up gmod.org. That said, i do believe that shit dupes should be removed. To finish my rant:

Garry's Mod is a PHYSICS SANDBOX. Unlike regular games there aren't any predefined aims or goals. We give you the tools and leave you to play.

You spawn objects and weld them together to create your own contraptions - whether that's a car, a rocket, a catapult or something that doesn't have a name yet - that's up to you.

-----taken from the steam store game info page-----

39. Post #39
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,671 Posts
    I know the thread is old, but seeing as someone else bumped the thread, I'll tag on.

Myself, I am really tired of looking for maps, and finding nothing but advanced duplicator shit.

Seriously, searching for "space ship" on garrysmod.org finds maybe a dozen maps over six pages - the rest is all adv dupes for Spacebuild.

It gets annoying really fast.

I hope the Workshop (assuming that's what is taking garrysmod.org's place for GM13) will have a category system, so if I'm looking for maps, only maps show up.

That would be a Godsend.

40. Post #40
    June 2010
    118 Posts
    I hope the Workshop (assuming that's what is taking garrysmod.org's place for GM13) will have a category system, so if I'm looking for maps, only maps show up.

That would be a Godsend.
    I'm pretty sure it does, however well it might work.