1. Post #1
    March 2010
    1,048 Posts

Quick Google Translate of the article:
    People's Artist of the RSFSR Edward Khil died on the 78th year of life, according to RIA Novosti on Monday, June 4, with reference to the Research Institute staff. Polenov in St. Petersburg.

At the end of May 2012 it was announced that Edward Gil suffered a stroke and was hospitalized with a stroke at the Mariinsky Hospital. Later he was transferred to the Department of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation Institute named Polenov. His condition was assessed as heavy.

Edward Khil was born on September 4, 1934 in Smolensk. Musical career began in 1960 after graduating from the Leningrad Conservatory. Pop musical numbers Gil began performing in 1962. In addition to direct creative activity are also involved in teaching - in the late 1970s, Khil worked at the Leningrad State Academy of Theatre Arts.

In 2010, Edward Khil experienced a new surge of popularity, when Internet users discovered a recording of his vocalize "I am very happy because I finally get home."

Khil, nicknamed "Mr. Trololo", returned to live performances, recorded a song for the animated film "Smeshariki" and was awarded the Music Prize of "Steppenwolf".Edward Khil was awarded the Order of Red Banner of Labor, and the Friendship of Peoples "For Merit" of 4 degrees. He also was awarded the Lenin Komsomol.Location and time of parting with Edward Gil will be announced.]
    http://lenta.ru/news/2012/06/04/away1/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 416Winner Winner x 3Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,314 Posts
    15 minutes past midnight and my whole day is RUINED already

R.I.P. Mr. Khil, what a great guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 77Friendly x 9Funny x 3Informative x 2Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2010
    1,929 Posts
    His music was actually good.

RIP, wish I can attend his funeral.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,065 Posts
    Well that's a shame. I posted this in the last thread about him but I feel it's appropriate: The 2012 rendition (though I'm 99.9% certain it's just lipsync) of the song that made him internet famous.

Pretty goddamn good for a 78 year old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 90Agree Agree x 8Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,303 Posts
    Well thats sad. When they did that interview after his song became popular again he seemed genuinely happy that people were enjoying it and came off as a really nice guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 88Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,909 Posts
    Well at least he got to see that his singing was loved by the entire world before he died. RIP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 61Agree Agree x 19 (list)

7. Post #7
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    25,741 Posts
    Well that's a shame. I posted this in the last thread about him but I feel it's appropriate: The 2012 rendition (though I'm 99.9% certain it's just lipsync) of the song that made him internet famous.

My god, he didn't age a day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 70Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Call me Rantis
    May 2010
    879 Posts
    Oh god no D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Do I look like I speak squirrel?
    November 2010
    2,278 Posts
    WHYYY!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    25,741 Posts
    Because people are not immortal, surprisingly and sadly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    5,355 Posts
    Well thats sad. When they did that interview after his song became popular again he seemed genuinely happy that people were enjoying it and came off as a really nice guy.
    Dunno if we watched the same video but I remember him saying everyone should get together and sing their own text to the song, in their own language.

That's the really sad thing to me, he never got to see that dream come to fruition. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10 (list)

12. Post #12
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    Quite a shame to see him go, it really is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 48Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Not only did I have to deal with the thought of having to put down my cat just five minutes ago, and that now she is fine, Mr. Trolololo dies? Day ruined :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 48Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14

September 2008
    789 Posts
    The internet is lesser with his loss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,303 Posts
    Dunno if we watched the same video but I remember him saying everyone should get together and sing their own text to the song, in their own language.

That's the really sad thing to me, he never got to see that dream come to fruition. :(
    I think I remember that. Yeah, I wish the initiative would have actually have been taken.

Maybe it will now, as some kind of tribute. It would be a great gesture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    Eh?
    May 2007
    2,318 Posts
    That sucks, like, really, he was so awesome... I mean, he gladly accepted his fame thrust upon him by the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,506 Posts
    Whole night ruined. That man had real talent wih that incredible voice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,661 Posts
    Fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    February 2010
    1,253 Posts
    :(
    Why Khill?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,426 Posts
    RIP, an awesome man. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member

May 2011
    586 Posts
    Hopefully he lived a good life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,882 Posts
    Now nobody can use this for a couple years without it being in bad taste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 17Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,109 Posts
    It's rare to find talent like him. Voices you will never hear again from an age long gone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

24. Post #24
    January 2011
    695 Posts
    He was a great man. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Don't lose your way
    February 2011
    6,219 Posts
    D'aw :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2010
    114 Posts
    All i can say is I'm sorry I never could appreciate your music while you were still alive. RIP Mr. Trololo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    970 Posts
    People laugh at the trololo song, but his voice was actually incredible.
    Rest in peace Mr. Khil D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 16Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    Is there any other recordings of his music besides the "Trololo" song?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    15 minutes past midnight and my whole day is RUINED already

R.I.P. Mr. Khil, what a great guy
    really your day is ruined because some obscure russian singer you never heard of until "trololo" became a terrible meme, that ruined your day?

(User was banned for this post ("troll" - Lithifold))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 104Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,785 Posts
    I wept a little just now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #31

March 2007
    5 Posts
    Is there any other recordings of his music besides the "Trololo" song?
    This is one of his other songs i really enjoyed by him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 26Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    GET OUT OF OUR CODE YOU FILTHY HACKERS 8-) BITCHES
    July 2009
    3,740 Posts
    I was hoping he would pull through

RIP :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,785 Posts
    really your day is ruined because some obscure russian singer you never heard of until "trololo" became a terrible meme, that ruined your day?
    Keep earning that title, man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing x 29Agree x 5Dumb x 3Friendly x 1Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    He sang great, it doesn't matter if he was a meme or not, it is just sad that he died
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

35. Post #35
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,835 Posts
    It's weird how popular he got. Memes are fucking weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,161 Posts

He looks so fucking young

R.I.P :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,835 Posts
    way to be a negative nancy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree x 11Dumb x 2Funny x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,840 Posts
    Love that he found fame again in recent years, but hate that he made that song.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    He was a good man, what a shame.

RIP Trololo guy, your voice was awesome and you were a meme before memes were horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,161 Posts
    I honestly couldn't care less about him being a meme, his voice is fucking outstanding. Besides, meme or not everyone loved his song and he got very popular which made him happy to see the world congratulating him on his voice.

He lived a very good life and I wouldn't be shaming those who say it has ruined their day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)