1. Post #8161
    meow
    Dennab
    February 2012
    3,083 Posts
    The land of pizza and lovemaking
        Yes, its italy   
    Too bad my mums sauce recipe is better than yours >:3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #8162
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,896 Posts
    Too bad my mums sauce recipe is better than yours >:3
    You wish gar, you wish...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #8163
    meow
    Dennab
    February 2012
    3,083 Posts
    You wish gar, you wish...
    I'll let you come over today when you try the sauce you'll be begging for more guaranteed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #8164
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,896 Posts
    I'll let you come over today when you try the sauce you'll be begging for more guaranteed!
    Well, it actually depends on the sauce itself at this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #8165
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    Afternoon, gentlemen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #8166
    meow
    Dennab
    February 2012
    3,083 Posts
    Afternoon, gentlemen.
    Afternoon, Bond.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #8167
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,209 Posts
    I don't know how to deal with my mom as a person anymore.

When my grandma passed away she had a severe case of dementia. After she passed away, my mom’s biggest fear in life was to end up as “loopy and unpleasant” as grandma was. With the hormone altering drugs she’s had to take for the last year to prevent the cancer coming back, mom’s been much more unpleasant than grandma ever was. The starting phase of her medication was understandable, and things were relatively okay.

For the last six months she's been getting meaner and meaner. Right now she’s to the point where she isn't a person, but the caricature of a bitter old woman. Pops and I are trying really hard to try to help her in every way possible, while being as nice as possible, so she can simmer down and maybe enjoy a book like she used to. However, within two minutes of waking up she’s already so mad at both of us that we might as well not exist. We can’t even say “good morning” before we get berated on how ‘useless’ and ‘stupid’ we are. She's also given up on trying to find a medicine that works which also makes her feel like her happy old self.

It’s getting really hard to be around her, and I’ve only been here for summer break. After being yelled at for a straight 50 minutes last night I got in the car and drove down the highway until three in the morning to keep me occupied.

I don’t know what to do at this point. Suggestions?

(Sorry for wall of text/blogpunch and all that)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)

8. Post #8168
    LifePunch.net
    June 2010
    1,170 Posts
    I really don't think you're going to find much useful advice here, I don't think any of us are psychiatrists or anything of the sort.. but maybe a psychiatrist? I really have no idea. I never heard of medicine that makes you unpleasant.

Either way, have a heart.

Edit I just realised you probably live in the USA and a psychiatrist would cost money.. dunno.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #8169
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,915 Posts
    Social worker.

Looks like she needs to go to a home or just live away from you.

I'm assuming you have a dad who can look after you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #8170
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,137 Posts
    how do i find people to talk to
    Bars? Clubs? Any kind of social gathering? Groups at college/uni? If you don't go to college or uni, there's either high school or work. Both have people. There's loads of places to meet people, and those who say there aren't obviously don't try. Starting out is the hardest part. Once you start meeting people you'll realise how much more interesting and fun it is than spending the majority of your life sitting on the computer.

People absolutely should not have been disagreeing with Roll_Program's saying it's not good to go weeks without speaking to people. It really is not good at all.
    Friends and the ability to interact with people easily are very important. You can't really get anywhere in life without them and if you have neither you need to work on it or you're stuck, honestly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #8171
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,915 Posts
    Lol, you don't go to bars or clubs if you just want to find someone to talk to.

12. Post #8172
    Bars? Clubs? Any kind of social gathering? Groups at college/uni? If you don't go to college or uni, there's either high school or work. Both have people. There's loads of places to meet people, and those who say there aren't obviously don't try. Starting out is the hardest part. Once you start meeting people you'll realise how much more interesting and fun it is than spending the majority of your life sitting on the computer.
    I'm not 18 yet so no bars or clubs, I'm unemployed and I barely know anyone in school, plus school is geographically quite far away and no one who goes there lives nearby.

People absolutely should not have been disagreeing with Roll_Program's saying it's not good to go weeks without speaking to people. It really is not good at all.
    Friends and the ability to interact with people easily are very important. You can't really get anywhere in life without them and if you have neither you need to work on it or you're stuck, honestly.
    yeah I'm not in denial that this is a big problem for me, just that I don't have any idea how to solve it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #8173
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    17 Posts
    Man, this is one awesome thread. Wish I'd noticed it sooner, might have started posting awhile ago. ^^;

I don't know how to deal with my mom as a person anymore.

When my grandma passed away she had a severe case of dementia. After she passed away, my mom’s biggest fear in life was to end up as “loopy and unpleasant” as grandma was. With the hormone altering drugs she’s had to take for the last year to prevent the cancer coming back, mom’s been much more unpleasant than grandma ever was. The starting phase of her medication was understandable, and things were relatively okay.

For the last six months she's been getting meaner and meaner. Right now she’s to the point where she isn't a person, but the caricature of a bitter old woman. Pops and I are trying really hard to try to help her in every way possible, while being as nice as possible, so she can simmer down and maybe enjoy a book like she used to. However, within two minutes of waking up she’s already so mad at both of us that we might as well not exist. We can’t even say “good morning” before we get berated on how ‘useless’ and ‘stupid’ we are. She's also given up on trying to find a medicine that works which also makes her feel like her happy old self.

It’s getting really hard to be around her, and I’ve only been here for summer break. After being yelled at for a straight 50 minutes last night I got in the car and drove down the highway until three in the morning to keep me occupied.

I don’t know what to do at this point. Suggestions?

(Sorry for wall of text/blogpunch and all that)
    Sounds a little like my situation.
    My Grandmother died about two years ago now.. Man, it does not feel like two years - didn't even realize it'd been that long until typing that. Anyways.. She'd been in declining health, and her mind was slipping gradually. I honestly didn't notice it the same as some did, perhaps I turned a blind eye to it and wasn't realizing it, or maybe I simply was lucky enough to never see it. Either way, she passed on in an altogether unfortunate way.. It was rough and drawn out, and my mother more or less cracked as a result of it.

Not to say my mother was ever truly cheerful, she had anger issues from as long as I've known her, but she DID mellow out a bit over the years.. After my Grandmother passed though, she lost herself for awhile, and became someone unpredictable. Worse still, she was diagnosed as having a few months back, which was safely removed - but doctors remain unsure if it's helped as of yet.

In any case, with all that's happened to her she can be very spiteful and angry at times. She'll snap my head off over nothing some days and I just do my best to avoid her. Doesn't help that I've gotten nothing but mixed signals over the whole being gay thing either. I get the feeling to her it's nothing more than yet another burden she has to deal with, which is dejecting..

I wish I had some advice for you, but truth is I think this is I'm not sure what to tell you.. It's rough, and you have my sympathies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #8174
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,106 Posts
    I'm not 18 yet so no bars or clubs, I'm unemployed and I barely know anyone in school, plus school is geographically quite far away and no one who goes there lives nearby.

yeah I'm not in denial that this is a big problem for me, just that I don't have any idea how to solve it
    Let's address this point.
    If you're still at school, why not consider joining a school club? Do you have any hobbies? Perhaps there's some group of gamers at school who do LAN parties (there was at mine, although granted this was a few years ago when LAN parties were more of a thing). Books? Drama? Just join a random club as an excuse to get talking to people. Even if they live far away, at least that's something. How old are you?
    You can also look for a job while you do it. Any job. I'd recommend a customer service job like working in McDonalds which forces you to talk to people - once you've done it enough times you'll stop worrying about it.

Edited:

I really don't think you're going to find much useful advice here, I don't think any of us are psychiatrists or anything of the sort.. but maybe a psychiatrist? I really have no idea. I never heard of medicine that makes you unpleasant.

Either way, have a heart.

Edit I just realised you probably live in the USA and a psychiatrist would cost money.. dunno.
    It really unnerves me when I hear Americans say stuff like "We couldn't afford to go to hospital" or "I can't go to a psychiatrist because it's too expensive". There's African countries with more accessible health care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #8175
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,915 Posts
    If you're still at school, why not consider joining a school club? Do you have any hobbies? Perhaps there's some group of gamers at school who do LAN parties (there was at mine, although granted this was a few years ago when LAN parties were more of a thing). Books? Drama? Just join a random club as an excuse to get talking to people. Even if they live far away, at least that's something. How old are you?
    You can also look for a job while you do it. Any job. I'd recommend a customer service job like working in McDonalds which forces you to talk to people - once you've done it enough times you'll stop worrying about it.

Edited:

It really unnerves me when I hear Americans say stuff like "We couldn't afford to go to hospital" or "I can't go to a psychiatrist because it's too expensive". There's African countries with more accessible health care.
    People seem to ride that as an excuse a lot, to just never fix things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #8176
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    17 Posts
    Finding people to talk to isn't easy. I'd suggest just making friends online however you can and talking with them on a regular basis. I live in a horrible place, nowhere to go and nothing to do. And the few friends I had as a youth have long since moved away. The only good friends I have, and probably the truest ones I've ever had at that - are online.

I've known some people online now for well over a decade, and we still talk almost every day.. Face to face communication isn't everything, though it is nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #8177
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0grFRW8iJsb

Terrible voice is terrible   

Edited:

Also, just as I was about to go hom from work, it starts raining heavily. And as soon as I reach my hoom, the rain stops. Hooray.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #8178
    November 2011
    188 Posts
    That's not a terrible voice at all. Just sayin'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #8179
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    That's not a terrible voice at all. Just sayin'
    Ye, I kinda like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #8180
    Hello Handsome
    Dennab
    February 2010
    13,495 Posts
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s05td5rRUm6u
    I sound so scripted im not used to this oh god
    Not loud enough.

OPEN UP 'DEM CHEEKS BOY.

Edited:

No, not THOSE one's, the other one's!

Edited:

holy shit redback got banned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #8181
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,209 Posts
    I wish I had some advice for you, but truth is I think this is I'm not sure what to tell you.. It's rough, and you have my sympathies.
    Thanks. And I'm sorry you're going through this too.

I'm assuming you have a dad who can look after you.
    I'm only here for the summer, I head back to college at the end of August

-----------------------------------------------------
    Good news with my mom!

I followed a hunch and signed her up for a summertime membership at a local private pool. She used to go lap swimming every day, and she stopped fairly recently.

So I drove her to Wendy's (which has the only hamburgers in town that she likes) and I handed her the paperwork for the membership. She was happy, which is good to see. She's also agreed to see the Oncologist again!

Now if I could just do something about my uncle sneaking in at 2am and stealing our food.

e:Gotta go fill out a prescription, the chores keep on coming. Oh well!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

22. Post #8182
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,045 Posts
    guard dog or alarm system

23. Post #8183
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,915 Posts
    Call Batman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #8184
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,423 Posts
    Hmm, I'm joining a gym soon and got Trainers to wear. The trainers I bought are white + red and my t-shirt and trousers are navy/black. Would white trainers + Navy/black matter if I'm going to the Gym? I don't know if I should go get white trousers + t-shirt.. :x I've never been to a Gym before I don't know how I should look to be honest~!

25. Post #8185
    Tea
    Dennab
    December 2008
    4,084 Posts
    i went to london zoo today to see all the animal

i met gorilla

and then stole nana's mobility scooter to make this dumb vid lol

also hi twinks etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #8186
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,915 Posts
    It's the gym, nobody cares how you look.

You're gonna get sweaty and gross, it's the idea.

Don't forget to stretch before and after!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #8187
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,422 Posts
    Call Batman.
    now you have to call robin, boy wonder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #8188
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,034 Posts
    I'd like to go see the new batman movie. Is it good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #8189
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,942 Posts
    i went to london zoo today to see all the animal

i met gorilla

and then stole nana's mobility scooter to make this dumb vid lol

also hi twinks etc
    Wow you're alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #8190
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,137 Posts
    it owns I saw it twice

Watch Begins first if you've not tho, helps things make a bit more sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #8191
    Tea
    Dennab
    December 2008
    4,084 Posts
    Wow you're alive.
    i never died just migrated to twitter at least a year ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #8192
    yea it's brilliant

Edited:

well next year there's a programming club starting where we'll apparently get to dick around with raspberry pis, but right now it's the summer and I've got fuck all to look forward to in the short term. i also go to the philosophy group thing but it ironically doesn't really lend itself to any kind of interesting discussion

also im 17

33. Post #8193
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,942 Posts
    i never died just migrated to twitter at least a year ago
    How'd that fare?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #8194
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,069 Posts
    People seem to ride that as an excuse a lot, to just never fix things.
    the reason I cant go is because my parents think that im fine and its just teen angst, so they refuse to pay money for it/drive me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #8195
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,115 Posts
    offtopic a little bit but i can't stop laughing at what i found on naught's profile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

36. Post #8196
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,069 Posts
    dammit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #8197
    Tea
    Dennab
    December 2008
    4,084 Posts
    How'd that fare?
    520 followers and quite a few twitter friends, twitter meetup at the end of next month, also a blowjob from some guy in scotland
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

38. Post #8198
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,942 Posts
    520 followers and quite a few twitter friends, twitter meetup at the end of next month, also a blowjob from some guy in scotland
    Sounds like you're winner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #8199
    February 2010
    282 Posts
    Socialisation is over-rated.
    Just makes you dependent on others, therefore weak.

The best way I think of it is, Yeah I have friends, I see them sometimes, but could I kill them if I had to?
    Yes. As close as I am to them, I am not dependent on their continued existence to somehow make me happy or build me up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Funny Funny x 4 (list)

40. Post #8200
    Contron's Favourite Foxy
    May 2007
    1,238 Posts
    Socialisation is over-rated.
    Just makes you dependent on others, therefore weak.

The best way I think of it is, Yeah I have friends, I see them sometimes, but could I kill them if I had to?
    Yes. As close as I am to them, I am not dependent on their continued existence to somehow make me happy or build me up.
    Are you for real?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)