1. Post #4361
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,175 Posts
    everyone says this

at least jacksonville has a night life, unlike here

at 9pm everything shuts the fuck down, EVERYTHING
    Ha! 9pm is late. Here the sidewalks are rolled up no later than 8pm. There's... one club, one bar that I can think of in the city. I guess the mall is here, but the movie theater is in the next town over (which is literally across the freeway). There's almost literally nothing to do here, and San Fran is at least an hour away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4362
    Go Shuya! You can do it Shuya!
    Dennab
    December 2005
    5,411 Posts
    10pm = Everything shuts where I live.

There is a 24/7 garage but that is a verrryy long walk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #4363
    BroDuck's Buttslut
    January 2011
    5,206 Posts
    Around 12 am-1 am- Shit shuts down here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4364
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,069 Posts
    Why don't most of you want kids?

Kids own.
    I don't really care much for kids either way (though since my mom works at an elementary school, I do experience the bad side of children a lot)
    The problem is that, since I'm gay and have a boyfriend, there's no real way for us to have a child, and actually birthing/raising a child is the one of the biggest parts of being a parent, which we won't experience.

I mean, sure, there's adoption, but that takes out the entire point, because its someone else's child, not yours, it just has your name. Also, I'd make a fucking terrible parent, and most of the time to be a parent, you have to be a hypocrite 'do as I say not as I do' which isn't really fun for me. There's just a lot of things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #4365
    March 2010
    1,983 Posts
    I don't really care much for kids either way (though since my mom works at an elementary school, I do experience the bad side of children a lot)
    The problem is that, since I'm gay and have a boyfriend, there's no real way for us to have a child, and actually birthing/raising a child is the one of the biggest parts of being a parent, which we won't experience.

I mean, sure, there's adoption, but that takes out the entire point, because its someone else's child, not yours, it just has your name. Also, I'd make a fucking terrible parent, and most of the time to be a parent, you have to be a hypocrite 'do as I say not as I do' which isn't really fun for me. There's just a lot of things.
    There is the option of having a surrogate mother, if you don't want to adopt.

Not too keen on kids personally, I don't have a particularly good attention span or patience. I can barely manage the dog. If I did eventually decide that I want to have a family, I think I would adopt, I'd like to think that it's not just DNA that can create a family.

6. Post #4366
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts

Surrogate mother?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #4367
    Dennab
    December 2005
    5,411 Posts
    Surrogate mother?
    Say in my case, I moved away from home at 16 and lived with my sister for a year, she acted as my surrogate mother.

I got accepted into the Met Film School in London! I'm so excited!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

8. Post #4368
    March 2010
    1,983 Posts
    Say in my case, I moved away from home at 16 and lived with my sister for a year, she acted as my surrogate mother.

I thought a surrogate mother was a woman who agrees to have another couple's/person's child.

Also congratulation.

9. Post #4369
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,141 Posts

That's awesome news! I should be getting my exam results soon which will decide if I get into college for my film course or not
    Confident I'm gonna though c:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

10. Post #4370
    ~buttslut~
    September 2008
    5,855 Posts
    Ive decided to do media and film in college :3

Good luck to you guys ~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #4371
    Dennab
    December 2005
    5,411 Posts
    One piece of advice I will give to everyone doing film:

NETWORK!!!! I made that mistake in college where I wasn't that sociable and I came out with DMM (ABB), I would've got a fuckton higher if I applied myself with others and did become more sociable.

Film / Media is 90% who you know, so always rub shoulders with people and talk with others and you will make it big, and of course, if you are passionate about your film making: you will do well.

12. Post #4372
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    255 Posts
    Sometimes sleep apparently reduces your troubles. Feeling alot better, but still...

Will be in the Steam Chat at the time of this posting, although would be welcomed if anyone could redirect me to this 'Skype' group that keeps getting mentioned by some of you ~gays~.

13. Post #4373
    ~buttslut~
    September 2008
    5,855 Posts
    Sometimes sleep apparently reduces your troubles. Feeling alot better, but still...

Will be in the Steam Chat at the time of this posting, although would be welcomed if anyone could redirect me to this 'Skype' group that keeps getting mentioned by some of you ~gays~.
    Skype name? ~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #4374
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    255 Posts
    Skype name? ~
    I shall PM it to you now. :)

15. Post #4375
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,466 Posts
    why do so many london-goers appear to wear supreme outfitting so much
    it's so trashy looking :x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #4376
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,141 Posts
    Bandwagon/OF fandom lol

I kind of hate Supreme, well not really I mean it doesn't at all look bad but it's extortionate and you're paying literally double or more of the price just for a label a lot of the time. I mean they're good quality clothes but there's so many other clothes lines that are cheaper and just as good quality. They're just taking liberties on being able to charge so much because Tyler The Creator reps them all the time and people love him lmao.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #4377
    Gay Member #2
    June 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Going away for two weeks gays, cya also my computer just overheated on me and won't turn back on, really need a new one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #4378
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    Good evening gays. How are you?
    I'm hungry, and I don't have anything to eat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #4379
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    255 Posts
    Just saw my trampolining coach on the BBC news running the Olympic Torch. At least it's a good bit of news with all things considered at the moment. Didn't help seeing the person I love on there though, painful memories!

Link

She deserves it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #4380
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    Thread sure is slow today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #4381
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    5,090 Posts
    Good evening gays. How are you?
    I'm hungry, and I don't have anything to eat.
    I'm amazing right now, I got a 5 on my AP test.

All them smug assholes in my class are bragging about 3s and 4s on FB, and they all called me a "dumb" and "lazy" Mexican (Apparently that's the only South American country they know?) throughout the year! Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot now, bitches!

Sorry for bragging, but I worked like an animal to get a good grade on that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #4382

All them smug assholes in my class are bragging about 3s and 4s on FB, and they all called me a "dumb" and "lazy" Mexican (Apparently that's the only South American country they know?) throughout the year! Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot now, bitches!

Blah, when the hell are we supposed to get those scores? I guess they come in the mail? Why can't they just post them online like the SAT scores?

23. Post #4383
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts

In germany a 5 is a bad grade.
    I have 3 of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

24. Post #4384
    March 2011
    2,852 Posts
    Next year I might be on college but I just can't decide what I'm going to study there. I thought about Architecture but I'm not sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

25. Post #4385
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    5,090 Posts
    Blah, when the hell are we supposed to get those scores? I guess they come in the mail? Why can't they just post them online like the SAT scores?
    I just got mine on the mail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #4386
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,853 Posts
    Took 4 years of Spanish in high school.

Got a 1 on the Spanish AP test
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #4387
    July 2012
    15 Posts
    Took 4 years of Spanish in high school.

Got a 1 on the Spanish AP test
    WELP, at least you still know English.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4388
    Dennab
    February 2011
    1,499 Posts
    I live locked in my mothers basement and dropped out of school!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #4389
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,770 Posts
    WELP, at least you still know English.
    Very few people "know" English despite the ability to speak it.

Edited:

Also subtle gay symbolism ftw (see: my avatar)

30. Post #4390
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,106 Posts

Uh, no that's not true. Have you ever met someone who's been adopted? What makes someone a parent is loving and caring for their child, not having squeezed their child out of their vagina. That just makes them a biological parent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

31. Post #4391
    mrawr~
    November 2009
    3,621 Posts
    What makes someone a parent is loving and caring for their child
    I love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #4392
    Uh, no that's not true. Have you ever met someone who's been adopted? What makes someone a parent is loving and caring for their child, not having squeezed their child out of their vagina. That just makes them a biological parent.
    Which is why I don't want kids. I hate committing to anything and I wouldn't care for them like I should. So instead of people calling me a monster and judging me and blah blah blah. I decided, why not just not have any children?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #4393
    July 2009
    185 Posts
    For me it's the opposite. I definitely want a child of my own, carrying on my DNA, you know the stuff I'm biologically wired to do. And man, I feel good about having more people like me in the world in a future generation. But right now, I can't see myself being a father. I mean, I haven't even thought of future partnerships, could be with a man or a woman, who knows? At least life doesn't run out of surprises
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #4394
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,853 Posts
    I definitely want a child of my own, carrying on my DNA, you know the stuff I'm biologically wired to do
    And I'm assuming you'll be doing this forcibly, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 2 (list)

35. Post #4395
    [b]MASSIVE HOMOPHOBE[/b]

April 2010
    3,562 Posts
    I want a biological child since I don't have any siblings to carry on my genes, so surrogacy is the only real option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #4396
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,770 Posts
    I want a biological child since I don't have any siblings to carry on my genes, so surrogacy is the only real option.
    the room lowered in temperature as i read this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #4397
    This
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4398
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,686 Posts
    I'm probably gonna adopt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #4399
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,466 Posts
    i dunno about you guys but I don't want children at all :X
    not that i don't like children or anything, I just don't think I would be a fantastic parent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #4400
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2012
    1,065 Posts
    i dunno about you guys but I don't want children at all :X
    not that i don't like children or anything, I just don't think I would be a fantastic parent
    this constantly

i keep thinking i'm going to be a horrible parent if i ever try [on top of the PAIN] so i don't want to even try

Edited:

its not FUCKING FUNNY :'c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)