1. Post #9561
    Dennab
    October 2010
    1,436 Posts
    Just my two cents, I didn't like the gay option in ME because it felt more like pandering without any actual allegorical exploration of the issue, like they did for interacial marriage with specism.

Not saying ME is particularly deep, but I question if Bioware's heart is in the whole gay thing if they tackle minors ty issues and more or less marginalize gay issues.

Edited:

Just my two cents, I didn't like the gay option in ME because it felt more like pandering without any actual allegorical exploration of the issue, like they did for interacial marriage with specism.

Not saying ME is particularly deep, but I question if Bioware's heart is in the whole gay thing if they tackle minors ty issues and more or less marginalize gay issues.
    like everyone points to ME as this bastion of inclusiveness in the gaming world, but compare it to literally any other peice of media that tackles gay issues and you realize that it handles things pretty poorly. If ME is what qualifies as progressive, then that's exactly why we need gaymercon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #9562
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    Evening gents, insert a certain Lonely Island song here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #9563
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,818 Posts
    Valkyria Chronicles is the #1 gay game. All the insignificant troop characters are individual, so there are gays. Jann Walker for example has the following potentials:

Fancies Men - Having men nearby makes them happy, leading to enhanced accuracy when firing.
    Largo Lover - Just knowing that Largo is nearby gives confidence and boost in attack power.

Here are some quotes from Jann, our favourite JRPG gay:

Selection
    "You got it, hon!"
    "For you? Suurre."

Killing a Foe
    "Sorry, honey."

Enemy Sighted
    "I see a bad guy!"
    "Oooo! Here's one!"

Personal Potentials
    "Ahhchh...oh boo." (Pollen Allergy)
    "I could get lost in those muscles {singing}!" (Fancies Men)
    "Largo...you're the only man for me." (Largo Lover)

His Engish voice actor also plays Marcus Fenix in Gears of War. That guy's probably gay too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #9564
    ~buttslut~
    September 2008
    5,855 Posts

Edited:

Valkyria Chronicles is the #1 gay game. All the insignificant troop characters are individual, so there are gays. Jann Walker for example has the following potentials:

Fancies Men - Having men nearby makes them happy, leading to enhanced accuracy when firing.
    And they said letting gays in the military would be a bad thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

5. Post #9565
    Well, you could argue that in the context of the scene there wasn't really much scope for courting, but first off you can't possibly claim the vast majority of complaints over that scene were because the gay romance wasn't fleshed out enough - the creator himself had to post on the forums defending the scene from all the homophobia. Secondly if the scene really was as shitty as you think it was, perhaps you should let BioWare know? Maybe through some sort of convention where they could discuss LGBT issues specifically? Like... a gaymercon?
    in fairness, the sheer arrogance from bioware during the entire ME3 episode means that a lot of the vitriol was somewhat justified
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #9566
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,529 Posts
    in fairness, the sheer arrogance from bioware during the entire ME3 episode means that a lot of the vitriol was somewhat justified
    Agreed on that point, but on a slightly different yet related topic, (figured i'd crowbar this into the conversation at some point before I forget entirely) the abuse towards Hepler wasn't. She didn't even write half the shit people complain about, they just single her out because some neckbearded fucktard dredged up an old interview she did where she admitted to not liking to play games that much (shock and horror, who'd expect a writer to like writing?) and made a pic of it with all kinds of shit written all over it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #9567
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,865 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #9568

Largo Lover - Just knowing that Largo is nearby gives confidence and boost in attack power.

Here are some quotes from Jann, our favourite JRPG gay:

Selection
    "You got it, hon!"
    "For you? Suurre."

Killing a Foe
    "Sorry, honey."

Enemy Sighted
    "I see a bad guy!"
    "Oooo! Here's one!"

Personal Potentials
    "Ahhchh...oh boo." (Pollen Allergy)
    "I could get lost in those muscles {singing}!" (Fancies Men)
    "Largo...you're the only man for me." (Largo Lover)

His Engish voice actor also plays Marcus Fenix in Gears of War. That guy's probably gay too.
    He's also Bender on futurama.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9569
    He's also Bender on futurama.
    yeah he's in loads of shit

he played that dude in VTMB too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #9570

He plays random guards in Escape from butcher bay.

Edited:

Oh... I just read the ingredients for this cereal bar I just ate. And it has peanuts, which I'm allergic to. Not lethally mind you, and nothing has happened yet. But I'm still concerned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #9571
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,912 Posts

Also this:
    He's no Mark Hamill, but still pretty good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #9572
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,865 Posts
    I'm pretty sure John DiMaggio is married.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #9573
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,917 Posts

Goddamn, 5:45-the end really stirs things up in me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #9574
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts
    Hi guys! I'm back from a few days from moving my sister into college!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #9575
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    hi colin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #9576
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts
    I saw a giant statue of a penis. I am not joking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #9577
    Dennab
    June 2012
    228 Posts
    Feeling lonely :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #9578
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,818 Posts
    I'm pretty sure John DiMaggio is married.
    to YOU maybe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events

19. Post #9579
    BroDuck's Buttslut
    January 2011
    5,248 Posts
    Yeah, well I'm feeling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #9580
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,818 Posts
    Don't touch me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #9581
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    3,133 Posts

DID I GET THAT RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #9582
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Do any of you guys know anything about the value of TF2 items?

I know we have a TF2 section but it's scary and I don't know anyone there and I feel like posting there will result in everyone yelling at me.

23. Post #9583
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    3,133 Posts

I know we have a TF2 section but it's scary and I don't know anyone there and I feel like posting there will result in everyone yelling at me.
    Search for the TF2 spreadsheet. You can get a feel of tf2 items and their value.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

24. Post #9584
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    5,219 Posts

Don't go into the TF2 lolconomy. You'll never escape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #9585
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    I'm just curious as to what some of the stuff I have is worth.

26. Post #9586
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I escaped, and left with $300 when I never put a dime into it besides buying the game in 2009 or so.

27. Post #9587
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Yeah I played for it like 100 hours, decided to uninstall.. gave away all my shit first... found out a few months later I'd been sitting on like $230ish worth of shit.

Vintage Bills Hat apparently goes for like 50 - 80 bucks or something, cant remember.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

28. Post #9588
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Yeah I played for it like 100 hours, decided to uninstall.. gave away all my shit first... found out a few months later I'd been sitting on like $230ish worth of shit.

Vintage Bills Hat apparently goes for like 50 - 80 bucks or something, cant remember.
    I sold my vintage bills for 2.5 buds, which is like $70 I think.

Also I highly doubt you played for 100 hours and just happened to obtain an item that you can only obtain by glitching...

29. Post #9589
    Here's to giving Garry Newman more money.
    August 2011
    5,219 Posts
    I escaped, and left with $300 when I never put a dime into it besides buying the game in 2009 or so.
    Similar situation here, I bought tons of promos when the update first came out for only like 3 hats' worth, and stopped paying attention for a bit. My buds were worth quite a bit more when I came back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #9590
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    TF2 trading also taught me a lot about money, seriously I'm so frugal with money nowdays it's awesome.

31. Post #9591
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    I have a Bill's Hat how much money is it worth?

32. Post #9592
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    I sold my vintage bills for 2.5 buds, which is like $70 I think.

Also I highly doubt you played for 100 hours and just happened to obtain an item that you can only obtain by glitching...
    Bought it off a friend for a real life can of coke, sold it for a steam copy of dead space 2 which was on sale for like 10 bucks or something lol.

Same friend gave another friend the whole Deus Ex set thing which is apparently worth a lot too.. I never got interested in it

Edited:

I have a Bill's Hat how much money is it worth?
    I think Non vintage was worth fuck all

NEvermind tf2spreadsheet says "8 - 10 keys"

33. Post #9593
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Why is mine non-vintage?

I've had it since before vintage was a thing.

Edited:

I got it from the promo.

34. Post #9594
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    "A variant of the Bill's Hat, called the Vintage Bill's Hat, could be acquired by deleting your Bill's Hat and then asking for a restore at Valve Support. After this method became known, Valve immediately patched the glitch, resulting in a rather small number of Vintage Bill's Hats.

The Vintage Bill's Hat is one of the rarest in the game, with a total of 643 hats. "

35. Post #9595
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Wow that makes me sad inside.

Is that what everyone means when they refer to Bill's Hat?

Also I heard my Genuine SR3 items are worth a bunch.

36. Post #9596
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Bought it off a friend for a real life can of coke, sold it for a steam copy of dead space 2 which was on sale for like 10 bucks or something lol.

Same friend gave another friend the whole Deus Ex set thing which is apparently worth a lot too.. I never got interested in it
    haha nice

Why is mine non-vintage?

I've had it since before vintage was a thing.

Edited:

I got it from the promo.
    Vintage Bill's Hat's were from a glitch, which is why they were rare and worth more.

There are thousands of Bill's but 643 Vintage versions. (ty for the number info gravity)

37. Post #9597
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    My whole life is a lie.

Edited:

Oh well mine will always have a special place in my heart.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #9598
    Dennab
    January 2012
    363 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #9599
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,021 Posts
    I wanted a heavy hat right after I got the Bill's, and since I thought the Bill's hat didn't look nice I traded it for just that one hat.

Little did I learn afterwords that it was worth a LOT. Fuck all.

Edited:

I also accidentally scammed some buds off of a guy. I later traded them again for something measly, and only after I did so did I learn how much they were worth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #9600
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,076 Posts

Goddamn, 5:45-the end really stirs things up in me.
    My dad is gonna see them in September and he's really excited.

I now know why, this is amazing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)