1. Post #1
    intercontinental mexican sausage filler
    October 2009
    2,525 Posts
    Release dates announced:
    US - 19th November
    UK - 22nd November

Watch Dogs is an open world video game in which players control a man named Aiden Pearce (voiced by Noam Jenkins), who can hack into various electronic devices tied to the city's central operating system (ctOS), allowing various methods for the player to solve numerous objectives. Examples include hacking into people's phones to retrieve bank data and steal funds, triggering malfunctions in equipment to distract other characters and hacking into traffic lights to cause collisions. Players can also receive information on civilians via augmented reality feeds, providing the player with information on demographics, health and potential behaviour. Objectives showcased in presentations include finding specific targets to kill, evading the police and following potential victims in order to stop their would-be killers. Combat utilizes a combination of stealth components and parkour, along with the mechanics of a cover-based third-person shooter. The game features an elusive online multiplayer element in which another player can control surveillance cameras in an attempt to hack the main player.

The storyline of Watch Dogs game is built around the concept of information warfare, data being interconnected, and the world's increasing use of technology—questioning who exactly runs the computers they depend on. The game is set in an alternate reality version of Chicago, Illinois, which is one of many cities to feature a supercomputer known as a "CtOS" (Central Operating System). The system controls almost every piece of technology in the city, and contains information on all of the city's residents and activities which can be used for various purposes. In the game's universe, the Northeast blackout of 2003 was found to be caused by a hacker, prompting the development of CtOS. The game will follow an anti-hero named Aiden Pearce, a highly skilled hacker described as a person who uses both "fists and wits." The gameplay demo shown at E3 depicted Aiden's attempt to assassinate a media mogul named Joseph DeMarco, who had been wrongly acquitted on charges of murder.

http://watchdogs.ubi.com/watchdogsgame/en-US/home/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 262Dumb x 2Useful x 1Funny x 1Agree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    2,893 Posts
    Well that looks fucking amazing, hope they wont fuck it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 66 (list)

3. Post #3
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,843 Posts
    Holy shit that was the highlight of the entire E3 right there.
    So fucking excited for this game goddamn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    Best thing they showed at the press conference
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2008
    4,528 Posts
    Watch_Dogs simply controls everything at E3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 55Zing Zing x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2008
    285 Posts
    Best thing at E3 by far.
    It's got huge potential but I hope it doesn't end up a boring third-person shooter with a hardly used gimmick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 27Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2011
    3,447 Posts
    Game of E3?
    Game of E3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 25 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,645 Posts
    The potential is how much it limits you, if you can do any of those abilities all the time and have choice in missions then this could be incredible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 63 (list)

9. Post #9
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,503 Posts
    Watch_Dogs is gonna be epic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,676 Posts
    This game seems like Deus Ex, GTA, and Tron 2.0 combined. Sounds pretty awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    Fuck this looks good

13. Post #13
    June 2008
    4,528 Posts
    What is up here?

Have to say it's a nice ARG.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,676 Posts
    Better be on PC.
    But I'll keep my cool, there's very little concrete info on the game yet. Don't get hyped over nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

15. Post #15
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    What is up here?

Have to say it's a nice ARG.
    Already emailed them. Wonder what happens next
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    December 2007
    1,205 Posts
    This was such a surprise, actually really looking forward to this. It's nice to have a new IP that actually has potential to be amazing, it's like a breath of fresh air.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    2,893 Posts
    Better be on PC.
    But I'll keep my cool, there's very little concrete info on the game yet. Don't get hyped over nothing.
    Its on PC, knowing Ubi though, riddled with awful DRM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 30 (list)

18. Post #18
    It looks sorta like Person of Interest: The game

Please please please have a PC release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #19
    June 2008
    4,528 Posts
    Already emailed them. Wonder what happens next
    Out of curiosity, what did you say?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,766 Posts
    I'm definitely interested to see where the whole email thing goes. I left mine blank and just sent it.

21. Post #21
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    Out of curiosity, what did you say?
    It gave the subject "Requesting Tickets for Dotconnexion" and I just kinda repeated that in the body.

22. Post #22
    May 2011
    1,543 Posts
    Guys, what if this becomes another i am alive.

Game is announced, looks promising, no one hears about for a while, game is announced again as downloadable title, it ends up being bad.

But then again, when i am alive was announced, it was just a trailer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Fucking incredible.

Edited:

But then again, when i am alive was announced, it was just a trailer.
    We only found out it would suck when we saw the gameplay. They showed CGI.
    This is gameplay, it looks fun to play. It looks intuitive. It looks dynamic. It looks fluid. It looks gorgeous. Everything about it is right, and it's far into development.

So no, it won't at all be like I Am Alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,222 Posts
    Looks really interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    It looks sorta like Person of Interest: The game

Please please please have a PC release.
    Good news: it's coming to the PC (and also the 360 and PS3)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 19Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    May 2011
    1,543 Posts
    We only found out it would suck when we saw the gameplay. They showed CGI.
    This is gameplay, it looks fun to play. It looks intuitive. It looks dynamic. It looks fluid. It looks gorgeous. Everything about it is right, and it's far into development.

So no, it won't at all be like I Am Alive.
    Hence why i put that it was just a trailer when it announced.

27. Post #27
    Good news: it's coming to the PC (and also the 360 and PS3)
    Source please

28. Post #28
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    691 Posts
    Looks really cool. I hope they don't do something stupid like make it console exclusive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,220 Posts
    Yeah this looked so fucking sweet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,860 Posts
    -Actualy it does look cool nevermind-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    403 Posts
    So far this is the only game I've gotten excited about at this E3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Piss in my face I'll piss in your mouth
    April 2011
    496 Posts
    This looks sweet.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,993 Posts
    Finally Chicago gets a spot in the video game limelight, suck it NYC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,375 Posts
    Fuck yes! A modern game that allows you to freeroam in Chicago! I've been waiting for a game like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,723 Posts
    I watched this fullscreen, in the dark, headphones on, live, was absolutely blown away by it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,268 Posts
    I thought what id do was id pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes.

This is laughing man:the game, and it looks awesome.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

37. Post #37
    January 2011
    255 Posts
    My pants are marginally stickier than they were a few minutes ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4Funny Funny x 3Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,639 Posts
    Its on PC, knowing Ubi though, riddled with awful DRM.
    Ubisoft actually stopped with much of the DRM bullshit. They removed it completely from one or two games, and Rayman Origins didn't have one at all.
    Hopefully they'll keep going down that path.

I'm looking forward to this, the multiplayer aspect of it is really interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member

August 2007
    2,895 Posts
    Reminds me of Die Hard 4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    11,409 Posts
    I thought what id do was id pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes.

This is laughing man:the game, and it looks awesome.   
    The Laughing Man didn't kill anyone though, he just held a politician hostage.