1. Post #561
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    15,903 Posts
    the secret is in the time! the game will obviously be released in 2015, see by then July will have 32 days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #562
    June 2010
    6,146 Posts
    Hm, odd. Must've been unlucky. I only see the mail being sent to me, not seeing any other mails on it.
    Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be, but apparently someone at Ubi fucked up and while the PR twiddles their thumbs people have already blown the whistle over at Kotaku. Shitstorm inbound.

I'm really, really, really curious how UbiSoft will solve this. They could apologize and try to defuse the situation as per standard procedure. But, given the special circumstances, they could also extend the ARG for our group in an interesting way as a sort of compensation. It's unfair towards the others, but the situation is unfair to begin with, and it wouldn't cost Ubi a buttload of whatever crazy compensations people are demanding.

Wouldn't satisfy everyone of course, and I doubt they'll do it, but I think it would be really cool of them. Not like they can undo this easily anyway.

3. Post #563
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,455 Posts
    Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be, but apparently someone at Ubi fucked up and while the PR twiddles their thumbs people have already blown the whistle over at Kotaku. Shitstorm inbound.

I'm really, really, really curious how UbiSoft will solve this. They could apologize and try to defuse the situation as per standard procedure. But, given the special circumstances, they could also extend the ARG for our group in an interesting way as a sort of compensation. It's unfair towards the others, but the situation is unfair to begin with, and it wouldn't cost Ubi a buttload of whatever crazy compensations people are demanding.

Wouldn't satisfy everyone of course, and I doubt they'll do it, but I think it would be really cool of them. Not like they can undo this easily anyway.
    Yeah, hope they do something special as an apology.
    Heck, even some extra gameplay footage of something we haven't seen as a apology. /drool+optimistic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #564
    September 2009
    1,859 Posts
    There has been a communication blackout in Paris an hour ago

Edited:

Perhaps it's an ARG from UbiSoft. It is a French company after all

5. Post #565
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,455 Posts
    There has been a communication blackout in Paris an hour ago

Edited:

Perhaps it's an ARG from UbiSoft. It is a French company after all
    They also had to unsubscribe me from their mailing list since apparently there was some snooping around or something. Can't fully remember.

6. Post #566
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,924 Posts
    Would be nice if they turned it into an ARG

7. Post #567
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,455 Posts
    Also, Daijitsu? Where is the photo shoot? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

8. Post #568
    September 2009
    1,859 Posts
    Would be nice if they turned it into an ARG
    I'm not sure if it would be a very bright idea.
    Imagine the front pages:
    "Ubisoft suspected of conducting a terrorist attack on Paris under the form of a communication blackout as a form of advertisement for their upcoming videogame"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP France Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #569
    June 2010
    6,146 Posts
    They also had to unsubscribe me from their mailing list since apparently there was some snooping around or something. Can't fully remember.
    I know for sure that all people from the mailing list batch I was a part of (the one where one guy mixed up CC and BCC) were kicked from the mailing list (and informed of this). Probably because Ubi wanted to preemptively axe all related data to please those not trusting Ubi with their info anymore.

There didn't seem to be a problem with getting back onto the list tho.

10. Post #570
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    it was because emails were collected in the not proper manner, following company guidelines or whatever.

11. Post #571
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    fuck wrong thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

12. Post #572
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,455 Posts
    Eh, wrong thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #573
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    God damn it, wrong thread indeed. That's what I get for having 30 tabs open
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

14. Post #574
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,431 Posts
    Eh, wrong thread?
    It's gameplay footage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

15. Post #575
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,589 Posts
    It's gameplay footage.
    Oh lord, this game is going to suck isn't it?

I mean how could they possibly think turning it into a anime rail shooter would be a good idea?

16. Post #576
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    Oh lord, this game is going to suck isn't it?

I mean how could they possibly think turning it into a anime rail shooter would be a good idea?
    It's just a player model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #577
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    308 Posts
    Anyone have some WatchDogs Wallpaper? I really want a new wallpaper.

18. Post #578
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #579
    March 2010
    5,096 Posts
    Anyone think that this was the prototype for watch dogs?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

20. Post #580
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,589 Posts
    Not at all, but that game actually looks really amazing too, why the hell was it cancelled?

21. Post #581
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,537 Posts
    Not at all, but that game actually looks really amazing too, why the hell was it cancelled?
    because prerendered|not ingame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,070 Posts
    I've never seen a smartphone in a game before.

23. Post #583
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,365 Posts
    saints row 3 has one for a menu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #584
    September 2009
    1,859 Posts
    I'm not sure but maybe you could count the cellphone in GTAIV as a smartphone.

25. Post #585
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,365 Posts
    I'm not sure but maybe you could count the cellphone in GTAIV as a smartphone.
    it isn't, its a pretty old phone really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #586
    September 2009
    1,859 Posts
    it isn't, its a pretty old phone really
    Well shit, my current phone is worse

27. Post #587
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    You see them all the time in games where you don't use one

28. Post #588

June 2012
    602 Posts
    First thing I'd do with this game is mod in an iPhone 9, or a Samsung Galaxy 10

29. Post #589
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,251 Posts
    First thing I'd do with this game is mod in an iPhone 9, or a Samsung Galaxy 10
    I'm going to make a iPhone mod for sure (If it isn't a pain in the ass)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #590
    September 2010
    3,121 Posts
    Sorry for late post, but what? Watch Dogs was cancelled?

EDIT: ok.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,514 Posts
    Sorry for late post, but what? Watch Dogs was cancelled?
    He's talking about the video of a cancelled game that's right above his post.

32. Post #592
    September 2011
    1,528 Posts
    I saw this bumped and I thought there was new content.
    Anyone know if there is even though the thread was bumped by someone not posting new content?

33. Post #593
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,589 Posts
    You were wrong.

34. Post #594
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    why do people lust after content announcements/trailers that show off said content, for a normally produced game?

i can see why for a mod or an indie game with ongoing development (you know, they release the alpha as a paid version to fund the project), but constantly following a normal game is fruitless. really the only thing you need to worry about is a release date. there have been countless games that were hyped because of the stuff you keep fuckin asking for.

just wait till it comes out then form an opinion. you can't on trailers and footage because they let you see what you want and anything you might seem wrong or not clear. they will answer by swiftly sweeping it under the carpet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #595
    June 2010
    6,146 Posts
    why do people lust after content announcements/trailers that show off said content, for a normally produced game?

i can see why for a mod or an indie game with ongoing development (you know, they release the alpha as a paid version to fund the project), but constantly following a normal game is fruitless. really the only thing you need to worry about is a release date. there have been countless games that were hyped because of the stuff you keep fuckin asking for.

just wait till it comes out then form an opinion. you can't on trailers and footage because they let you see what you want and anything you might seem wrong or not clear. they will answer by swiftly sweeping it under the carpet.
    With critical thinking and an ounce of common sense you can work out quite a bit from trailers, press releases et cetera.

For example, judging from the trailers, it's unlikely the game will center around cover-based combat. Instead it looks like we'll get much more tactical or downright stealthy approaches, with action as a valid multipath option, but not the main approach - and all of this in a lively modern age Chicago. This is information that can be derived from the order of sequences UbiSoft presented us and their length. Critical thinking lets us make an educated guess on how much of that trailer was nothing but smoke and mirrors. Watch Dogs' dev, UbiSoft Montréal, is the brain behind Assassin's Creed, which also has a mix of stealth and action and likes to emphasize on the tactical approach.
    Based on that you can already make a guess about whether the game is generally or style or whether it isn't. More information can add more detail to your opinion.

Is all that enough to shape a waterproof opinion? No. Can anything but buying the actual game give you that? No. Is it wise to follow the development of a game and the direction it's moving so you can more accurately predict what you'll get on release date? Yes. Is it fun to speculate and chat about rumors and news as long as you're aware you're not discussing hard facts? Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #596
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    then i simply disagree with you.

while i do agree that initial content and content updates give an idea about what the game is going to be like, you have to take everything with a grain of salt before it's released.

also what i was talking about people bitching about developer silence. it's like what's the point? we already know all we can about the game, it's retarded to introduce some big feature willy nilly. devs and publishers have to have their chips all on the table and want to show their shit off as much as possible. so unless the game undergoes a large development shift i don't think following the game rabidly is of much help. following it once in a while will be enough, plus if you only check once in a while you're probably going to get that update you've been wanting because instead of checking like 3 times a day for an update you're checking every week.

games don't come out slow for me. you know why? i simply don't follow them traditionally. thus i'm not obsessing over it and it's easier to forget about. so when the game comes out i might even miss its release.

i check once in a while for released date and possible major development shifts. i dont even go and look for new trailers or content or any shit like that.

37. Post #597
    September 2011
    1,528 Posts

This game doesn't release for a good amount of time. That means there isn't much to discuss in a thread about it other than info and material that comes out. If a thread 'dies down' and then suddenly comes back to life months after, it commonly means the devs released more info or tasty eye candy. Are you saying we are stalking the game every day searching far and wide for content? You are misinformed. Maybe you are a different person, but I like to know what kind of game I am getting before buying. Maybe you are rich and can afford every 60$ game that comes your way, but for us normal folk, we like to know the game isn't a CoD Clone when the trailer makes it seem amazing and next gen, etc. So just ignoring it until the release and then buying it is stupid as fuck.
    Also, who bitched about silence? Oh right no one. At least not in this thread.    Yes we are all bad about EP3, but its more of a JOKE now not a serious bitch.   . No one is expecting content to be released every day either, so commonly when something is announced, it is big. It is not announced often though.
    (As for your second post, you mention again the "following it every day". For that, re-read my whole post two more times).

38. Post #598
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    yeah well i have metacritic and gamefly so :p

Edited:

i'm serious though, the best way for a game you're super stoked about to come is to just forget about it.

you wanna obsess over all the little bits they release, fine. but i'd rather do something more fun than squabble on this board over whether or not it's going to suck or how awesome it looks.

39. Post #599
    August 2012
    3 Posts
    Did they release the release date yet? Or is this just a tech demo?

40. Post #600
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,146 Posts
    Its not a tech demo

but TBA release date