1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,180 Posts
    Damn they're really being tight lipped about anything they haven't revealed at E3, it's killing me! I really want to get my hopes up but if everything is going to be fairly simplistic I'm going to be upset.

Atleast I'm getting replies to each of my questions so far, this guy seems like a total bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,732 Posts
    I wonder if you can choose if your character puts his hands in his pocket or not. I think I remember seeing both in the video. Yeah, I'm actually thinking about this above all the other things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    That was the first thing that I thought of when he put his hands out/in the pockets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,180 Posts
    I don't see why you would want an option for it, he looks badass walking down the street with his hands in his pockets. I honestly can say I haven't played any other game where I've seen the main character do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,732 Posts
    I don't see why you would want an option for it, he looks badass walking down the street with his hands in his pockets. I honestly can say I haven't played any other game where I've seen the main character do it.
    I'd actually prefer if he'd always have them in his pockets, too. I just hope there's an option to switch, cause I don't want him to randomly take them out now and then.

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    He only took them out when fiddling with phone and running as far as I remember
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,180 Posts
    He only took them out when fiddling with phone and running as far as I remember
    and whenever he has a gun out too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,307 Posts
    Remember your alibi, "I'm only pretending to be a terrorist, officer.".
    sir I am just having a photoshoot I am a fashion model doing stock photography in the hopes that someone needs a guy sweating profusely in a leather jacket whilst reading text messages in front of a large lit up sign that says CHICAGO on it

you know, a cubs fan checking up on the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,466 Posts
    tell ya what, I'm going about 90% towards that part of town on monday, if I get out of work around the time I did friday, it should be around the golden hour of sunset. I'll see if I can't get someone to tag along and shoot a bit. I'm kinda giddy to do this
    If you do, be sure to link it to the developers, I'm sure they'll be surprised and might make it more public.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

10. Post #370
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    A lot of big name developers have been really impressed with watch dogs, like for example Miyamoto, Hideo Kojima, Cliff B etc. It deserves it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

11. Post #371
    July 2009
    4,172 Posts
    only when it's cold out

They clearly saw you walking around in Chicago and based the character off your likeness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #372
    June 2010
    6,256 Posts
    I wonder if you can choose if your character puts his hands in his pocket or not. I think I remember seeing both in the video. Yeah, I'm actually thinking about this above all the other things.
    I think it's gonna be like in Assassin's Creed where the character reverts to default after you've taken a number of steps doing nothing in particular. Only if you decide to run or use an item you leave this "default mode".

13. Post #373
    April 2007
    1,490 Posts
    source:http://ca.ign.com/wikis/watch-dogs
    Watch Dogs is an open-world urban survival game with a measure of tactical stealth action thrown into the mix
    survival? Whatever, at least it'll be on the PC thank jesus

also: http://dotconnexion.ubi.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,007 Posts
    The game looked to good to run for the current generation (360, PS3) and the game ran on PC (With a 360 controller)
    So people are saying that this game is actually a game for the next generation aka Xbox 720 and PS4

Edit:

They are confirmed for the 360 and PS3
    Pretty neat they can still pump out graphics like that from a 2005 machine
    they can't, the trailer was probably a 3d render
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #375
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,534 Posts
    they can't, the trailer was probably a 3d render
    How do you mean? The gameplay video?

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,834 Posts
    Yes, they obviously prerendered the entire gameplay video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #377
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,080 Posts
    awww what happened to the demarco intro

18. Post #378
    Gold Member

May 2005
    411 Posts
    Yes, they obviously prerendered the entire gameplay video.
    Are you being sarcastic or is that just sarcasm?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,534 Posts
    Are you being sarcastic or is that just sarcasm?
    Well if Eltro102 actually thinks thats all pre-renderd then its a bit stupid so its obvious sarcasm

20. Post #380
    Gold Member

May 2005
    411 Posts
    Well if Eltro102 actually thinks thats all pre-renderd then its a bit stupid so its obvious sarcasm
    I know man, I was being satirical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,180 Posts
    awww what happened to the demarco intro
    Nothing, it just takes awhile sometimes.

22. Post #382
    April 2010
    4,417 Posts
    Do you have another suggestion on how to incorporate gun play into this game?
    yes, have him just run up to the car and shoot the guy instead of spawning a ton of bodyguards that a hacker apparantly has the skills to all kill in a straight on gunfight. or some stealth mechanics, maybe hacking the crashed cars systems to better effect, hell why not just make the cops think the bodyguards are the bad guys.

If it was a bit further in the future and something more like GITS i'd give him the ability to hack their cyberbrains, and control one at a time to attack the others. Obviously they wouldnt have regenerating health and would be just as strong as the others, combine that with other tools and you get something more interesting than the cover based 3ps that im so bored with.

Its not my job anyway, im not the game devs and these suggestions havnt even gotten more than seconds of thought put into them., im just stating something im not happy with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,732 Posts
    I think it's fine as it is, as long as there aren't gunfights in every damn mission.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

24. Post #384
    March 2010
    7,899 Posts
    The guy seemed like a dick. I mean he just killed all those innocent people in that car crash and fight. I mean, I understand you can choose how you play, but still.

25. Post #385
    July 2009
    4,172 Posts
    I think it's fine as it is, as long as there aren't gunfights in every damn mission.
    I assume they just had the gunfight in the E3 gameplay to show off the gunplay and make the game look exciting.

Edited:

The I hope it's possible to play this with only stealth/technology (pacifist) or only guns.

26. Post #386
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    I'm going to be playing this with as much stealth as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,180 Posts
    I'm going to be playing this with as much stealth as possible.
    The way it should be played. (As in using stealth as much as possible..)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    The way it should be played.
    If this game has emergent gameplay, then there is no absolute way of playing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    June 2010
    1,935 Posts
    One of the top comments about the gameplay demo on youtube:

911: "911 what's your emergency?"
    Me: "I DON'T KNOW THE* RELEASE DATE FOR THIS GAME!"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,180 Posts

Think this is the last I'll get out of him, he seems really tight lipped so I guess I'll be waiting in anticipation for the next shred of new information. What a bro.

Speaking of which here are some interviews which he reveals a bit more than what was just shown at E3:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/06/06/ign-live-watch-dogs-demo-e3-2012

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381633...012-stage-demo
    http://g4tv.com/videos/59031/watch-d...lay-first-look

31. Post #391
    ''just wondering''
    December 2008
    2,860 Posts
    It looks pretty awesome from the trailer.

Little fact - I was at Cedar Point when that 2003 blackout happened

32. Post #392
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    What? You can see him actually helping people out of the car anyway, he did it just to get to some
    baddies, though.

33. Post #393
    March 2010
    7,899 Posts
    What? You can see him actually helping people out of the car anyway, he did it just to get to some
    baddies, though.
    Yeah, you can also see he killed the guy's wife/gf or whoever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

34. Post #394
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,080 Posts
    guys, do you write watch dogs with or without an underscore?

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,180 Posts
    Without, there's no need for it everyone knows what we're talking about without the underscore. I'm not even sure why it's there in the first place. News sites don't even use the underscore.

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,406 Posts
    It's like Valve or Prototype. They're stylised as VALVe and [PROTOTYPE], but you don't spell it like that when you type it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #397
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Yeah, you can also see he killed the guy's wife/gf or whoever.
    THAT BASTERD. I'll just kill the main character off when I start controlling him into the game just for the revenge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,902 Posts
    One of the top comments about the gameplay demo on youtube:

Me: "I DON'T KNOW THE* RELEASE DATE FOR THIS GAME!"

A bit off-topic, but why do copy pastes from youtube always do the asterisk thing?
    Me: "I DON'T KNOW THE RELEASE DATE* FOR THIS GAME!"
    Anyways I am expecting loads of funny phone conversations you can tap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,180 Posts
    If this game has emergent gameplay, then there is no absolute way of playing it.
    When did I say there was an "absolute" way of playing it? I was simply agreeing with the above poster as in using stealth as much as possible. I'm not saying that's how you have to play it and that's then the play style for the entirety of the game, Morin already said that for some missions you're required to actually pull out a gun but being stealthy whenever possible would probably end up being the best experience overall rather than having a run-and-gun approach to everything. The way Aiden can use the environment around him and manipulate that just screams stealth in my opinion.

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,732 Posts
    The guy seemed like a dick. I mean he just killed all those innocent people in that car crash and fight. I mean, I understand you can choose how you play, but still.
    *He's an anti-hero, a vigilante. I think it's actually pretty awesome that we finally play someone reckless who isn't some war veteran or something. Our protagonist is just a pretty normal guy, isn't he? Just doing what he thinks is neccessary to make the world a better place, not caring for casualties along the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)