1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,614 Posts
    Power mysteriously went out as I was reading this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,914 Posts
    I hope that's not scripted, I want to be able to jam communications as people are crossing the street and then mess with the lights
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #83
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Literal ravebreak as you turn all the lights on and off constantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,648 Posts
    I wonder if the car crash was scripted.
    It was most likely. Peds responded to the victims in the crash and such. But if you don't do some scripting then level design just gets stuck into randomly placed NPCs.

There's probably other ways to take him out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #85
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,387 Posts
    I hope that's not scripted, I want to be able to jam communications as people are crossing the street and then mess with the lights
    I'm sure you'll be able to do that, but those specific events in the demo were scripted.

6. Post #86
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    It was most likely. Peds responded to the victims in the crash and such. But if you don't do some scripting then level design just gets stuck into randomly placed NPCs.

There's probably other ways to take him out.
    When the manipulate lights thing came on and he had his pistol out, I though he was going to make the car stop and shoot him in the car and run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

7. Post #87
    May 2008
    380 Posts
    It would be awesome if it's non-linear and truly allows you to "control everything".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #88
    January 2009
    246 Posts
    So what exactly is the story? I guess i didnt pay enough attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #89
    May 2008
    380 Posts
    So what exactly is the story? I guess i didnt pay enough attention.
    Watch the introduction trailer.

10. Post #90
    January 2009
    246 Posts
    Oh i missed that. All i saw was the gameplay. Im sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

11. Post #91
    September 2009
    6,736 Posts
    I dunno why, but I want to think that, early on, the options of hacking and such are relatively open-ended, but as you progress through the game, hacking becomes more difficult or your options become limited as local authorities and the likely enemies of the protagonist(s) begin to create counter-measures or even back-hack you. Probably even circumstances of fake identities and information.

It'd be disappointing if the protagonist had full control over nearly everything, after all, in a 'possibly too easy' kind of way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Ern
    this title sucks
    July 2011
    5,978 Posts
    "I'm going to find you, and expose you to the world"
    By shooting your target in the face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #93
    August 2009
    2,810 Posts
    It seems like this definitely has great potential. Hopefully it actually ends up as open ended as they make it seem. For example, it would be interesting if you could wait at the gallery for the target to arrive rather than stopping him in a car crash outside. likewise, if they make it open ended, i hope it's intuitive enough for awesome stuff like what happened in this trailer to occur with regularity.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,914 Posts
    I thought the bridge thing was pretty damn cool

15. Post #95
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    2012/2013?

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    Well that looked amazing graphically. I hope the vehicle physics are decent, I couldn't tell much from the video. It's sucky when you have an amazing beautiful visceral visually realistic game and then you get into a car and it might as well be mario kart because of how it drives and looks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,837 Posts
    I'm just hoping for a leak like Human Revolutions that basically just sells this game, except without the ridiculously long load times

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    411 Posts
    I felt kind of disturbed when that civilian got shot and the passenger was crying and freaking out over the body. :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

19. Post #99

January 2010
    94 Posts
    omg look at the clothes physics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 28 (list)

20. Post #100

June 2009
    1,681 Posts
    Tuned in at the middle of the stream on G4TV and thought it was GTA V.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    This looks awesome! Hope they do it right and hopefully it isn't too linear.

22. Post #102
    October 2009
    6,167 Posts
    Am I the only one who started to feel bad and get a knot in their stomach when they heard that husband/boyfriend begging the wife/girlfriend to get up? I don't know why, but I like that about games. Not that they make me feel crummy, but that when you do something bad, it makes you feel bad. I feel like there should be more than one way to kill the guy, not because of fun, but because I just don't want to have to deal with the feeling after some little girl can't wake up her daddy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

23. Post #103
    December 2010
    3,786 Posts
    Am I the only one who started to feel bad and get a knot in their stomach when they heard that husband/boyfriend begging the wife/girlfriend to get up? I don't know why, but I like that about games. Not that they make me feel crummy, but that when you do something bad, it makes you feel bad. I feel like there should be more than one way to kill the guy, not because of fun, but because I just don't want to have to deal with the feeling after some little girl can't wake up her daddy.
    And I do believe she had the 'pregnancy bulge'. I do hope things like that with the mourning and other AI interactions are dynamic, and not scripted. It wouldn't seem like there is much hope for that, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,209 Posts
    Since this game is for the next generation consoles i guess the game is a year or 2-3 away?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,522 Posts
    Holy shit this looks awesome.

GTA + Deus Ex + Assassin's Creed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,570 Posts
    I Wonder what engine it is running on? maybe Unreal Engine 4?
    Probably the Assassin's Creed engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #107
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Since this game is for the next generation consoles i guess the game is a year or 2-3 away?
    hold on a second what is next gen these days

because as of like a week ago everyone was still referring to 360/ps3/wii as 'next gen'

is it next gen as in current gen or next gen as in the gen after next gen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,570 Posts
    hold on a second what is next gen these days

because as of like a week ago everyone was still referring to 360/ps3/wii as 'next gen'

is it next gen as in current gen or next gen as in the gen after next gen
    No one's referred to current consoles as "next gen" in a loooooong time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #109
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    can we just come up with a better vernacular than gens and their relations to one another because this is confusing the fuck out of me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,209 Posts
    can we just come up with a better vernacular than gens and their relations to one another because this is confusing the fuck out of me
    The game looked to good to run for the current generation (360, PS3) and the game ran on PC (With a 360 controller)
    So people are saying that this game is actually a game for the next generation aka Xbox 720 and PS4

Edit:

They are confirmed for the 360 and PS3
    Pretty neat they can still pump out graphics like that from a 2005 machine

31. Post #111
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,755 Posts
    This looks very nice.

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,446 Posts
    HNNG THAT RAIN EFFECT OH MAN.
    Cannot wait for this one. And I expected nothing out of this e3!

33. Post #113
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Holy fucking shit, that looks incredibly terrific. Finally a game which features a genius dark atmosphere, besides the character movement looks so smooth and it really looks goddamn aweome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #114
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    5,992 Posts
    Ooooh.

This looks smooth and really fun to mess around with.

35. Post #115
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I also reminds me a lot of Assassins Creed considering the perspective, characters and menus.

And finally a game where you walk on a slower pace and actually look like a person that is running away. Also the gasexplosion was off the hook. The NPCs seem also to have a lot of different interactions with eachother which is very atmospheric.

Although I fear that the demo is scripted to hell and the game will be nothing like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,056 Posts
    Came in expecting something average, left with a boner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

37. Post #117
    June 2010
    6,138 Posts
    I hope this game has the kind of non-linearity and multipathing from DXHR and you don't just intercept messages and blast tech with EMP. I mean that's cool to experiment with for a while, but on its own it could also get boring fast IMO.

I hope the story is awesome and the gameplay diverse. Really digging the concept and life they poured into the world.

Currently praying to multiple rivaling pantheons that the executive board doesn't interfere and we get a delayed bad PC port with Day-1-DLC and DRM from hell. I SO want this game to be great. I've only ever been this hyped for DXHR and BioShock.

38. Post #118
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    Ever since Spore I have MEPD.

Massive Expectations Pessimism Disorder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #119
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    Anyone else thought about Person of Interest? After that first trailer and then guy in a coat...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,013 Posts
    I hope there's a more sensible way to do shit than what they do in that gameplay video, mess with the lights to cause a traffic pileup which gets several civvies killed in the following firefight, then heroically save a guy from a car to come off as the good guy.

Also that cop system looks too familiar.