1. Post #1
    August 2009
    89 Posts
    Hey guys!

It's been a while since I last visited Facepunch, but I was bitten by the mapping bug recently. I started messing around with Hammer like I used to, and I ended up working on a little golf course that is still in progress. I figured the best input on the map would come from these forums because of the level of expertise here. Here are a few pictures of what I have so far:

Hole #1

Hole#2

So far the biggest lessons I've learned are making realistic terrain (Disclaimer: I'm not that great at it yet) and working with physboxes. I've also discovered that golf via source games is VERY HARD.

Problems I Can See Right Now:
    -What features to add to make it look more realistic and appealing
    -How to make ball spin backwards when struck
    -How to carve hole in greens which require tons of displacement (Right now I'm using a teleporter that sends the ball back to the tee box after it rolls into the flag stick.)
    -How to find textures that resemble nice grass, especially on the greens

Thanks so much for your time guys! I hope you enjoy my map.

Here's a link to the .bsp: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ua8oci
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,084 Posts
    It's amazing and all but did you know there's a section for gmod mapping below?
    Other than that very good job!

3. Post #3
    August 2009
    89 Posts
    Oh wow, I'm so sorry for that. Could someone please move my thread to the mapping section?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,084 Posts
    It's okay, honest mistake. Hopefully a moderator will move it soon.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,315 Posts
    PM a mod if you want it moved, I don't think they just move then by request in the thread, or so I've heard.

Looks like a nice map, though

Edited:

PM a mod if you want it moved, I don't think they just move then by request in the thread, or so I've heard.

Looks like a nice map, though