1. Post #761
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Something weird happened yesterday.

I was using my MAV on Sienne (or however you spell it), and I was trying to kill people.
    Well, I found one guy just standing there so I swoop in for the kill.

The catch is that the killfeed actually said "MAV" and my MAV didn't get destroyed after. I then ran over another person and simply got "KILLED" & it destroyed my flying death machine.
    I love it when I get multi MAV kills. Only do it when my team is dominating or when I take a chill break and play TDM.

Makes people so mad when I jam their claymores as soon as they throw them down and end up killing themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,373 Posts
    I kind of wish they ported some of the BC2 maps into BF3. Maybe it's just the nostalgia, but the BC2 maps were a lot better designed than BF3's. Besides, I'd love to fly a jet over Heavy Metal any day, or go through the fields of Harvest Day in a tank.
    I think the reason why BC2 maps seem better designed is because they were built primarily focused on rush. Because of that, the devs could take a lot of time to fine tune each one. Its also why conquest in BC2 wasn't all too great. In BF2, the focus was on conquest, so all DICE had to do was focus on the conquest game mode. On BF3 though, DICE has had to balance for each map for at least five game modes (conquest, rush, team deathmatch, squad deathmatch, squad rush), so the maps, while ok for each mode, don't feel great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #763
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    I'm still in on the server renting, we should get one with the maximum amount of people CQ can hold (16 or 24 I don't fucking know) and have it passworded for a week (or just maybe just a day or two) after CQ is out for FP players only. then open it when FP people stops joining it regularly.
    sdaaSFGAS I'm already paying for a 24 slot server.
    IT'S IN THE GOD DAMN OP, renewal is next week. If its going to be used I'll renew it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

4. Post #764
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    Something weird happened yesterday.

I was using my MAV on Sienne (or however you spell it), and I was trying to kill people.
    Well, I found one guy just standing there so I swoop in for the kill.

The catch is that the killfeed actually said "MAV" and my MAV didn't get destroyed after. I then ran over another person and simply got "KILLED" & it destroyed my flying death machine.
    That's been a regular part of the game since that patch that "killed" MAV roadkills was implemented. I've gone entire rounds still running people over with it and not losing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #765
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    That's been a regular part of the game since that patch that "killed" MAV roadkills was implemented. I've gone entire rounds still running people over with it and not losing it.
    I've found that if you hit the ground while hitting the person the mav lives and kills the person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    Is there any reason to get Battlefield Premium now if I don't really have any desire to own Close Quarters? The other three DLC's interest me so I'll probably just pick it up when the next one comes out. Unless there is some advantage for getting it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #767
    June 2010
    1,935 Posts
    Is there any reason to get Battlefield Premium now if I don't really have any desire to own Close Quarters? The other three DLC's interest me so I'll probably just pick it up when the next one comes out. Unless there is some advantage for getting it now.
    You can always buy Premium get the goodies that comes with it plus all DLC's. OR, you can just spend U$45 in each of the last 3 with no extra goodies and one day you might go "I'd like to play Close Quarters now to see how it goes...".

By having Premium you're not forced to play Close Quarters, it is YOUR choice you know...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    You can always buy Premium get the goodies that comes with it plus all DLC's. OR, you can just spend U$45 in each of the last 3 with no extra goodies and one day you might go "I'd like to play Close Quarters now to see how it goes...".

By having Premium you're not forced to play Close Quarters, it is YOUR choice you know...
    Yes thank you I realize that and that's what I said. But that isn't what I asked.

I wanted to know if there was any incentive (besides early Close Quarts obv) to get Premium now as opposed to just waiting for the next DLC to come out.

9. Post #769
    June 2010
    1,935 Posts
    Sorry then for not getting that quite right, anyway the extra goodies might be the incentive they throw at us but if you don't care about them well then there's no reason to get it right now I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #770
    May 2010
    6,692 Posts
    I'm looking at premium as a binary choice right now. I don't see any real reason to get it with only CQ released and little info about Armored Kill. I figure if the other ex-packs are REALLY worth it, then I'll just buy premium then. So far CQ doesn't look like anything I want, so that's strike one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    I'm looking at premium as a binary choice right now. I don't see any real reason to get it with only CQ released and little info about Armored Kill. I figure if the other ex-packs are REALLY worth it, then I'll just buy premium then. So far CQ doesn't look like anything I want, so that's strike one.
    I'm in the same situation in virtually all of this, but CQ does look like something I'd want.. juuuust not a ~$50 something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    It's two gamemodes we have seen before, 10 reskinned models, and a few CoD maps. Definite pass for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    March 2007
    3,651 Posts
    I don't understand peoples bias towards the CQC DLC.
    Why are you comparing it to COD?
    Just because its closer quarters than most BF maps doesn't make it COD esque.
    It adds new guns which is always a plus and it adds some maps which will actually work for TDM and other infantry only game modes, hardly any of the B2K or vanilla maps work for infantry only game types with the exception of metro and that maps bottle necked to shit.
    I like the gun on gun aspect of this game much more than the tank vs soldier or soldier vs some guy sitting in a window 200m away.

Having some maps specifically tailored towards gun on gun combat sounds like a lot of fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #774
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    272 Posts
    Just wondering, was the FAMAS stats bug fixed in the last patch?

15. Post #775
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    It adds new guns which is always a plus and it adds some maps which will actually work for TDM and other infantry only game modes, hardly any of the B2K or vanilla maps work for infantry only game types with the exception of metro and that maps bottle necked to shit.
    I like the gun on gun aspect of this game much more than the tank vs soldier or soldier vs some guy sitting in a window 200m away.

Having some maps specifically tailored towards gun on gun combat sounds like a lot of fun.
    Why are you saying there's bias and shit like that when it's an opinion based thing, they can think whatever they want, some people hate CQ stuff, some love it. Personally the 12th can't come fast enough for me, but if other's aren't going to get it, good for them, I don't care.

They probably compared it to CoD because, oh I dunno, maybe CoD is the most well-known FPS game for close quarters action? Just a stab in the dark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #776
    April 2010
    2,389 Posts
    Just wondering, was the FAMAS stats bug fixed in the last patch?
    Yes, it was fixed.

17. Post #777
    ~ an extraordinary gentleman ~
    December 2006
    1,352 Posts
    Can't wait to use my MP7 with red dot, laser sight and extended mag on the CQ maps. The combo tears any enemy apart at close range in about half a second.

I've got 753 kills with the MP7, double of what I usually have with a weapon. I usually equip it with Recon since I can lay down motion scanners and radio beacons while flanking the enemy from the rear. Works especially well in Metro, if you replace the laser sight with the silencer.

Also the F2000 isn't that bad, just put the single shot firing mode on with the heavy barrel and foregrip. It mitigates the recoil and you can control your fire pretty easily.

Tuesday should come faster, I can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #778
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,896 Posts
    sdaaSFGAS I'm already paying for a 24 slot server.
    IT'S IN THE GOD DAMN OP, renewal is next week. If its going to be used I'll renew it.
    Yeah, about that. Im sorry but the people that i told were gonna use it, their group kinda fell apart.
    But sure, ill try to use when i can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

19. Post #779
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    5,839 Posts
    Can't wait to use my MP7 with red dot, laser sight and extended mag on the CQ maps. The combo tears any enemy apart at close range in about half a second.

I've got 753 kills with the MP7, double of what I usually have with a weapon. I usually equip it with Recon since I can lay down motion scanners and radio beacons while flanking the enemy from the rear. Works especially well in Metro, if you replace the laser sight with the silencer.

Also the F2000 isn't that bad, just put the single shot firing mode on with the heavy barrel and foregrip. It mitigates the recoil and you can control your fire pretty easily.

Tuesday should come faster, I can't wait.
    MP7 doesn't kill faster than a SPAS ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    putting the F2000 in semi-auto firing mode is like sniping with a shotgun, it completely defeats the point of the gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #781
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    Fisk, im not sure whether to be mad at you, or just to keep on laughing. What a great end to a round.
    Lol I was just tired and derping around I don't even know. I think I wanted to kick myself but the game said I couldn't votekick myself. Gay ass game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

22. Post #782
    Relinquere omnes seductiones imperium
    October 2007
    612 Posts
    Didn't know there was an EU server. Fav'd it.
    When are you guys usually playing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

23. Post #783
    I got my title for $1
    June 2010
    2,354 Posts
    How are people playing on these CQ servers?

When i try to join them i get this

so why cant i play what i payed for ? (i have premium)

the buttons do nothing on that window
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #784
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    7,032 Posts
    so why cant i play what i payed for ? (i have premium)
    It's not officially released until tuesday. Don't know how they're playing though, maybe someone else does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #785
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    They aren't playing, they're just stuck in the loading screen but they can still get that sniper since they technically win a round. To get in the black loading screen you gotta add some folders to your BF3 folder to make the game think you have CQ installed but it'll load infinitely since you don't actually have the files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,659 Posts
    MP7 doesn't kill faster than a SPAS ;)
    depends on the range

I do feel sorry for the endless hordes of rifle/lmg-wielding enemies that I have put down with the PP-2000 and MP7, they never expect to be outgunned from range by piddly little smgs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,279 Posts
    Anyone interested in buying a 24-slot CQ server, PM me.
    We already have 4 people sharing the price which is 27,95
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

28. Post #788
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    People enlisted to buy:
    Great MrFisk02
    Glaesman
    Hattiwatti
    jonoporter
    And maybe DrBob

4 confirmed anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,048 Posts
    So today I decided to go for the L96 kills, since I absolutely hate playing recon/long range sniping.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9/1/308968877/

Best. Round. Ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,535 Posts
    They aren't playing, they're just stuck in the loading screen but they can still get that sniper since they technically win a round. To get in the black loading screen you gotta add some folders to your BF3 folder to make the game think you have CQ installed but it'll load infinitely since you don't actually have the files.
    Is there a tutorial for this? really want to try out that JNG-90 but i won't be able to play when the actual release is because i have exams coming up :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

31. Post #791
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    People enlisted to buy:
    Great MrFisk02
    Glaesman
    Hattiwatti
    jonoporter
    And maybe DrBob

4 confirmed anyway.
    I can put my money down when I get paid on Thursday the 14th.

32. Post #792
    January 2011
    1,113 Posts
    Since EA changed from this logo

to this one

they changed alot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #793
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Anyone interested in buying a 24-slot CQ server, PM me.
    We already have 4 people sharing the price which is 27,95
    Or hey, I could like, change my server to CQ when its released.
    Yeah that sounds like such a great idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #794
    April 2011
    1,385 Posts
    Whoo, hit Warrant Officer One last night on PS3. One more rank until I get my .44 Magnum, hnnngh I love revolvers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,115 Posts
    So, I decided that I want to use the FXAA injector. I'm wondering though, is it something that PB would pick up and ban me for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #796
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Bob, could you ping 81.19.213.40 and post the results and your location for me.
    I'll see if KC can do anything about it.

37. Post #797
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts

The last time I played on your server must have been a year ago.

38. Post #798
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts

The last time I played on your server must have been a year ago.
    You get a lower ping than me... and this isn't on my french based dedi, EA is still using that bullshit "approved hosts" scheme.

39. Post #799
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts

It was just my opinion broski, take a chillaxitive. I'm not huge on the close quarters stuff in this game (for a variety of reasons that will probably get me yelled at more) so was just saying I'm not interested and that I will probably pick up the other DLC's.

40. Post #800
    Relinquere omnes seductiones imperium
    October 2007
    612 Posts
    You get a lower ping than me... and this isn't on my french based dedi, EA is still using that bullshit "approved hosts" scheme.
    It's around 75 for me (Germany).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events