1. Post #1
    August 2009
    8,268 Posts
    Prince Philip celebrated his wife's Diamond Jubilee today from the hospital, where we was admitted Monday with a bladder infection.

The prince, who turns 91 this weekend, will remain in the hospital for a few days as a precaution, palace officials say.

Prince Philip was "understandably, disappointed about missing this evening's Diamond Jubilee Concert," the palace said Monday

Prince Charles noted his father's absence as he addressed the crowd. "Only sad thing is that my father couldn't be here with us," Charles said. "If we shout loud enough, he might just hear us in hospital."

His absence was also noticeable today as Queen Elizabeth entered St. Paul's Cathedral on the final day of her celebrating 60 years on the throne.

"When you realized she was on her own and suddenly it reminded us that she's always with Prince Phillip, so very sad for her but he's a tough guy," British journalist and CNN TV-show host Piers Morgan said today on "Good Morning America."

"I mean, it was brutal out there on Sunday. It was a ghastly day so I suppose at the age of 90 it got a bit much for him but the family goes on. They are incredibly stoic people."

Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee Watch Video

Concert for the Queen Watch Video

Prince Philip spent four nights in the hospital at Christmas after suffering chest pains and underwent a successful coronary stent procedure to clear a blocked artery. Philip, the duke of Edinburgh, married Princess Elizabeth in 1947. She took the throne as queen six years later.

The Diamond Jubilee went on as planned Monday despite the condition of Prince Philip as many members of the royal family, including Charles' wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and Princes William and Harry sat in a royal box to watch the show.

A quarter of a million people packed into the streets around the palace. Joining Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney outside Buckingham Palace was 1980s favorites Madness, playing from the palace roof. The queen, by the way, arrived a little late, and wearing ear plugs.

The climax was fireworks and the queen pushing a diamond to ignite the so-called national beacon. This was London meets Las Vegas.

The festivities began Saturday at the Epsom Derby for one of the year's biggest horse-racing events. The queen, who is an avid horse breeder and racing fan, has been attending the Epsom Derby since she was a little girl.

Sunday saw more than a million revelers brave Mother Nature as the queen led more than 1,000 vessels -- from kayaks to gondolas -- down a seven-mile stretch of the River Thames in the rain.

Today saw a return to more traditional British pomp and pageantry. The Diamond Jubilee ends today and the queen will deliver a televised address from Buckingham Palace, where she will thank the public for the past four days of celebrations.
    Ouch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 61Informative Informative x 2Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member

June 2005
    1,071 Posts
    who cares.

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling with snipe" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb x 105Agree x 27Funny x 4Zing x 1Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2010
    13,369 Posts
    who cares.
    those who hold him dearest?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Zing x 30Agree x 6Friendly x 4Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2010
    374 Posts
    who cares.
    I still find it stupid that people get entertained by doing this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 31Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    Sucks for him, I'm glad it isn't anything more serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    I'LL NEVER STOP
    July 2008
    2,838 Posts
    who cares.
    People with a sense of tradition and celebration?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    IDIOT WHO IS NEVER FUNNY AND CANT UNDER STAND WHEN NOT WANTED
    September 2006
    6,343 Posts
    Wow, didn't realize he was 91. The Queen and Philip are so deeply in love, and it's not long before he passes away from old age :( It'll devastate the Queen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,601 Posts
    I actually didn't know that Philip was married to the queen.

EDIT:

I don't think I deserve to be rated dumb for that...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,289 Posts

my thoughts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 75Dumb x 2Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,698 Posts
    Really hope he gets better, but we can't forget how much he's getting on now.

Good luck to him.

11. Post #11
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    who cares.
    The majority of England?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 24Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2009
    1,394 Posts
    Dirty bloody republican types will be loving this, what

Infections like that are only really serious if you don't catch them early so he'll be fine, even if he is 91. What a trooper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    782 Posts
    It's because he was holding in his piss for so long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,264 Posts
    The majority of England?
    He isn't a very nice person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Hello everyone! I would like you to know that I am not a fan of nudity!!!
    May 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Isn't he the self-righteous, racist cunt?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    This probably isn't a good idea
    October 2007
    3,400 Posts
    Isn't he the self-righteous, racist cunt?
    Prince Philip posted:
    How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?
    (Asked of a driving instructor in Scotland)

Aren't most of you descended from pirates?
    (Said in 1994 to an inhabitant of the Cayman Islands)

You are a woman, aren't you?
    (After accepting a gift from a Kenyan woman)

Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat to be an astronaut.
    (Said at the University of Salford to a 13-year-old aspiring astronaut, who was wishing to fly the NOVA rocket)
    Sort of, but he's sort of that grumpy, elderly relative in the family who comes out with the most hilarious bluntly stated stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 37Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,036 Posts
    It's because he was holding in his piss for so long.
    It probably is this, he did stand on Sunday on a boat for a stupidly long amount of time for an old man.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,732 Posts

my thoughts
    I love Frankie Boyle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,617 Posts
    Dude, seriously, few people deserve a bladder infection. They're horribly painful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,409 Posts
    Forgive me for not knowing how English monarchy works, but why is he not the king when he is the husband of the queen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,010 Posts
    Forgive me for not knowing how English monarchy works, but why is he not the king when he is the husband of the queen?
    It's how any monarchy works, the queen is the blood descendant of the previous ruler, and she married phillip.

22. Post #22
    Terrible Mustache Aficionado
    November 2010
    2,654 Posts
    He's going to die isn't he?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23

May 2012
    110 Posts
    The queen is a stupid bitch anyway, I hope he dies of aids

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,036 Posts
    As far as I understand by marrying into a royal bloodline you don't become king or queen, just their consort.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    Sort of, but he's sort of that grumpy, elderly relative in the family who comes out with the most hilarious bluntly stated stuff.
    That and he's completely clueless and hopeless at doing anything half the time.

26. Post #26
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,228 Posts
    It's how any monarchy works, the queen is the blood descendant of the previous ruler, and she married phillip.
    Really? I guess movies are pretty bad at following this

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,159 Posts
    Really? I guess movies are pretty bad at following this
    90% of the time anything a movie says about England is about as true as the Mayan apocalypse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    May 2012
    990 Posts
    I don't think much of England for that matter cares for the royals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    I don't think much of England for that matter cares for the royals.
    English are alot more prouder of their Royal Family, here in Sweden it's soon a 50/50 with the Republicans and the Monarchists. Eventually England will reach that point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    October 2011
    750 Posts
    Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat to be an astronaut.
    (Said at the University of Salford to a 13-year-old aspiring astronaut, who was wishing to fly the NOVA rocket)

OH SHIT.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,289 Posts
    He isn't a very nice person.
    He's not a bad person, he's more like a racist grandad than anything else, which considering the time he came from I wouldn't hold anything against him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #32
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,404 Posts
    man he must be pissed off

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,698 Posts
    I remember when he first met the Diversity dance group, he said "so, are you all brothers then?"

He just sounds like a typical 91 year old to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux India Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,843 Posts
    It will be a sad day when he dies. I will miss his oblivious inappropriateness .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    Phillip's not racist in a vindictive nasty way, he's just kind of hilariously politically incorrect when he shouldn't be.

36. Post #36
    90% of the time anything a movie says about England is about as true as the Mayan apocalypse
    True facts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    May 2011
    822 Posts
    When the prince met Hannah Jackson, 25, who was wearing an eye-catching pillar-box red dress with a zip running down the front, he told her: "I would get arrested if I unzipped that dress."

38. Post #38
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,289 Posts
    English are alot more prouder of their Royal Family, here in Sweden it's soon a 50/50 with the Republicans and the Monarchists. Eventually England will reach that point.
    proud?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ju...ant-unemployed

far from it.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,967 Posts
    No, it's not being grumpy, it's being a cunt.

Edited:
    I'm kidding, in all seriousness I barely know the man, since I am a statesman!

40. Post #40
    As if the Guardian is a reliable source on the monarchy.

Edited:

Wait what does that article even have to do with pride. There's a government scheme wear people volunteer to do unpaid work and they are doing it OH NO fucking Owen "them thugs is just misunderstood innit" Jones.