1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,850 Posts
    It IS a homage to the T-Rex from Meet the Robinsons.

Not from any specific video game, pretty sure its just a cameo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,750 Posts
    It IS a homage to the T-Rex from Meet the Robinsons.

Not from any specific video game, pretty sure its just a cameo.
    It uses the same model as the rex from Meet The Robinsons, but the skin is different. You can see the difference if you look closely enough. Robin-rex has a mottled back pattern while the one in that screengrab has something more akin to tigerstripes, like Sauron from Primal Rage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,850 Posts
    Red Tiger Stripes, which look similar to the coloring of Robinson Rex, This Rex doesn't have Sauron's coloration or degree of stripes.

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,750 Posts
    The stripes still look different than what the Robinsons one had. But I'm willing to compromise that it could be both the Robinsons T-Rex and Sauron at the same time. I wouldn't put it past them to try something like that.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,989 Posts
    Does anyone else see a brink guy and agent 47 in that pic with the apples? looking at it there is others that look familiar too, halo soldiers to the right?

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,147 Posts
    I'm willing to bet the villain is gonna be the protagonist from an FPS because they'd likely be a violent psychopath

it'd be a complete and utter player punch straight to the nutsack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,435 Posts
    Maybe its the Fix It guy
    DUN DUN DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He gets mad because his game has no purpose without a villain

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,008 Posts
    Amnesia cameo...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #89
    February 2012
    810 Posts
    The villain turns out to be Bobby Kotick, spoiler alert.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    14,081 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 21 (list)

11. Post #91
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,774 Posts
    wait, it's a real game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,008 Posts
    Disney ARG?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #93
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    14,081 Posts
    another pic of the arcade machine

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 27 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    418 Posts
    Disney ARG?
    Yep, the game and the developer aren't real according to the ever-expansive KLOV site.
    Still, great to see this kind of effort being done for the film!

15. Post #95
    May 2011
    6,633 Posts
    You have to collect potatoes to power up the arcade machine.
    Only then will the movie be released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    October 2010
    13,336 Posts
    I'm the only one who isn't excited one bit about this shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,838 Posts
    I'm the only one who isn't excited one bit about this shit?
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 42 (list)

18. Post #98
    March 2011
    621 Posts
    Kano? from Mortal Kombat? on a Disney movie?

wonder how that'll work seeing how MK is a mature rated game

19. Post #99
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    Dennab
    December 2008
    13,542 Posts
    Kano? from Mortal Kombat? on a Disney movie?

wonder how that'll work seeing how MK is a mature rated game
    It doesn't matter as long as they don't do anything that bumps the rating up to R.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,085 Posts
    There was a pretty obvious Pulp Fiction (Rated R) reference in Space Jam (Rated PG). It's okay to have adult references as long as things don't happen that would scar the kiddos.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #101
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,853 Posts
    It doesn't matter as long as they don't do anything that bumps the rating up to R.
    Ralph is walking happily in video game land when suddenly BAM, Goro's head falls from the sky and blood splatters all over

I'm pretty sure they won't do anything like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

22. Post #102
    May 2011
    6,633 Posts
    Johnny Cage punches Ralph square in the ballsack and throws him off the bridge where he is impaled on jagged rocks.
    Sonya flashes her tits (IN 3-DEEEEEEEE) and the movie ends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 20Funny Funny x 3 (list)

23. Post #103
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,379 Posts
    Just sent an e-mail to the FelixArcade e-mail saying I had a cabinet.

Now I play the waiting game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member

August 2007
    3,017 Posts
    That sign reading "will npc in fps for food" is actually really depressing if you think about it for a second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10 (list)

25. Post #105
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts
    That sign reading "will npc in fps for food" is actually really depressing if you think about it for a second.
    'will npc in fps for food' reminds me of the citizens in the cafeteria in City 17 just before you go through that fence to meet barney.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #106
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,656 Posts
    Although the trailer looks good I have a feeling it's going to be bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    June 2010
    1,706 Posts
    Although the trailer looks good I have a feeling it's going to be bad
    I have a feeling that most of the people watching it will only find characters from other games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,268 Posts
    it's actually from some prehistoric fighter of some sort
    This one?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,657 Posts
    "Hotlinking is not allowed"

Actually, it'd be hilarious if Bowser talked about his kids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,688 Posts
    well this looks like it helped get nintendo characters in

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/25/wr...ing-only-to-n/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    1982... hm....

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

32. Post #112
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    There was a pretty obvious Pulp Fiction (Rated R) reference in Space Jam (Rated PG). It's okay to have adult references as long as things don't happen that would scar the kiddos.

Wait, that was a pulp fiction reference? I always thought it was a "Men in Black" reference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,085 Posts
    Wait, that was a pulp fiction reference? I always thought it was a "Men in Black" reference.
    Yep, the music is the real tip-off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #114
    Lawl & Order
    December 2008
    980 Posts
    This is going to be a classic. Can't wait :)

Just the fact there's ACTUAL video game characters that we've known and loved is what has me excited. No Wal-Mart brand shit, NAME-BRAND :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #115
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    12,091 Posts
    I'm excited to see Zangief defend Russian skies in this movie.

That's what it's about, right? Because I see the 'Gief.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    January 2011
    638 Posts

here is some toys

37. Post #117
    June 2008
    5,280 Posts
    You know what would be great

If we see Gordon freeman and some other Half-Life character waiting for a train (or whatever they use at that station) and it gets delayed and the other guy is like "Again?" (Because Gordon can't speak)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #118
    May 2011
    6,633 Posts
    You know what would be great

If we see Gordon freeman and some other Half-Life character waiting for a train (or whatever they use at that station) and it gets delayed and the other guy is like "Again?" (Because Gordon can't speak)
    I want to see him communicate through signs he pulls out of hammerspace, like Wile E. Coyote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,750 Posts
    I want to see the TF2 characters participating in a big battle against those bug things that seem to be the bad guys in this movie.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    6,555 Posts
    Well, my 15th birthday is sorted!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)