1. Post #1
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,098 Posts
    I went into my workshop last week and there was a trail of ants going under the door and to my desk.
    Yes, I have removed any food sources in the shop and yes I have swept the floor and put an ant trap in the corner but THE FUCKERS ARE STILL FUCKING ALL OVER THE PLACE.
    I'm typing this and the little maggots are fucking crawling over my mouse and on my chair. How do I get rid of them??
    I need to get them out before one discovers that the door into the house goes straight into the kitchen and suddenly the kitchen is crawling with roaches AND ants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,693 Posts
    a lot of people would recommend ant bait stations, but honestly, sometimes they just straight up don't work, and in worst case scenarios actually stimulate the queen(s) to produce fucktons of more eggs, making the problem worse

as far as poisons go, IIRC the best stuff to go with is the gel kind that comes out of a tube - you smear some of that shit on a tray or something, and put some jelly or jam next to it, or alternatively peanut butter (you may need to experiment, depending on the needs of the colony the ants will either go for grease or sugar - peanut butter or jam, respectively) you can get gels at most home improvement stores

depending on the type of ants, there are also unconventional but sometimes equally effective solutions - most ants hate really strong scents, ie cinnamon or pepper or mint, and they also hate powders because of their texture or something. so you can leave lines of powdered cinammon, cayenne pepper or what have you around places where you don't want them to go, because they HATE that shit, and they'll avoid it entirely, but it won't guarantee that it will make the ants go away, they just won't go in those areas

hope that helps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,616 Posts
    My grandma swears by a simple mix of borax and icing sugar. They take it back to the nest and it poisons the whole lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2007
    230 Posts
    Send them to garry, I believe he's done something with ants, although his thread about it doesn't specify much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,042 Posts
    When I had ants in my room I put cinnamon everywhere, it helped a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    March 2007
    1,936 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,601 Posts
    Bleech worked last time.

8. Post #8
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,747 Posts
    If you know where the ant mound is, just boil a kettle of water and pour it down the hole
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2012
    14 Posts

But 2-3 packages of this baits. Place baits.
    Wait for 1-2 hours, they will find the baits, every fucking ant in house/area will rush to the baits, loads and loads of ants will come to baits.

5-6 hours later there will be dead ants everywhere, take vacuum cleaner. Clean the dead ants, continue your life like this never happened...

Worked for my ant problem in my house (BTW i'm living at the 7th floor, wtf ants ?) Worth a try imo.
    Also i heard lemon juice keeps ants away, so you can try to pour some lemon juice to the door to your kitchen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    690 Posts
    Let them reform their line, follow it to where they're coming into the house and then mix some borax with confectioner's sugar.

Put that mix near where they're coming into the house and mix a tiny bit of water into it so it's a little wet.

11. Post #11
    January 2012
    14 Posts
    I think OP taken hostage by ants.

He didn't write anything on this thread for four days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,098 Posts
    They're gone now.
    I guess it took them a day to determine there wasn't anything else left in the room to eat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,098 Posts
    Weather got nice foe a single fucking day and GUESS WHO IS BACK?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,616 Posts
    Glennis?

15. Post #15
    August 2011
    2,290 Posts
    Granny always used to pour boiling water into the nest, whilst laughing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 17Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2012
    14 Posts
    Granny always used to pour boiling water into the nest, whilst laughing.
    Yeah, grannies tend to be sadistic against ants...and snails. Poor crunching bastards...

17. Post #17
    July 2008
    623 Posts
    they always got in the bathroom from a hole in the wall, I plugged it with a spot of toothpaste.

18. Post #18
    November 2008
    902 Posts
    I remember having a Ant problem in the Shed a few years ago, Fuckers were EVERYWHERE. Covered a nice chunk of flooring in fly tape and put a blob of Vegimite in the middle. I found out Ant's love Vegimite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2011
    636 Posts
    Cinnamon. Put a line at their trail or the hole they come from. They won't go through it and can't eat it.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    943 Posts
    Patio door got replaced and there was an ant mound underneath the door, the guys fitting it got all scared when the ants burst from the mound they just unearthed, then they filled in the hole with concrete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,082 Posts
    Patio door got replaced and there was an ant mound underneath the door, the guys fitting it got all scared when the ants burst from the mound they just unearthed, then they filled in the hole with concrete.
    Your patio is now a mass grave. No one must know of your dark secret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,233 Posts
    Raid bug barrier works wonders. I had a trail coming into my house and used that. No more ants.

23. Post #23
    December 2010
    352 Posts

Drench.
    Everything.
    GO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    Find the hole, fill it to the brim with cement. Trust me, I've seen it on Youtube.

25. Post #25
    May 2011
    594 Posts
    Find the hole, fill it to the brim with cement. Trust me, I've seen it on Youtube.
    Then excavate it, for science.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2007
    3,302 Posts
    COPPER MATE!

Fuck buying all them anti-bug shit.

We used to have a nest build into the ground right outside my bedroom window, sneaky bastards made their way in and all I did was place a copper dime at their entry.. never seen em again!