1. Post #1
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Legendary horror writer Clive Barker stands accused of giving his ex-boyfriend HIV then kicking him out on the street years later.

Emilian David Armstrong claims in a new lawsuit that British-born Barker gave him HIV sixteen years ago, reported TMZ.

After meeting in 1996, the couple quickly moved in together, along with Armstrong’s daughter from a previous heterosexual relationship.

The lawsuit claims that Barker urged Armstrong to get tested after he tested positive for HIV. Armstrong says he was diagnosed with the disease in November 1996.

According to the suit, Barker confessed to previously having a sexual relationship with his own cousin, who had AIDS, as well as engaging in sadomasochism in prior relationships where syringes were involved.

Explaining the 16 year delay before filing a lawsuit, Armstrong says that he and Barker attempted to battle HIV together before their relationship started to spiral in 2003.

The relationship deteriorated around the same time Barker, now 59, became addicted to prescription painkillers, according to the suit.

Armstrong alleges that Barker would mix the drugs with alcohol, cocaine, and, at times, crystal meth.

Armstrong accuses his ex-boyfriend of throwing grug-fueled parties with men as young as 19.

In 2009, Barker threw Armstrong out of his house – leaving Armstrong and his daughter destitute.

Armstrong claims that he was also a business partner to Barker and is entitled to a cut of his profits. He says that he was promised support from life.

Barker has made no comment.

The revelations came the same day that Amazon Studios announced they had hired Barker to rewrite 'Zombies vs. Gladiators,' an action horror project.

Barker is best known for his horror and fantasy novels, and his fiction has been turned into films, including the popular Hellraiser and Candyman series.
    Sauce

Didn't know Barker was gay and had HIV. The more you know!

But seriously, after 16-years? C'mon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 25Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,146 Posts
    I am more surprised that he is still alive after 16 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2009
    406 Posts
    Sounds like a dick.. Good stories\games though.

4. Post #4
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Many people who have HIV die of old age. If you're in Africa with a HIV it's a whole different story.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    HIV isn't some horrible death virus, it just means your body is far less/completely incapable of defending itself against other viruses and infections. If you live in a 1st world country, it's difficult but definitely possible to live a normal life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,685 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 25Winner Winner x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,304 Posts
    Clive Barker assimilated him, he's one of those things!

The invasion started 100,000 years ago, its just now they've woken up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Terrible Mustache Aficionado
    November 2010
    2,653 Posts
    assimilated him
    He never bothered to do a reach-around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,971 Posts
    I was well aware he was gay, but had no idea he was HIV positive. Actually I'm kinda not surprised, he was known for his wild living and excess with booze and drugs.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,778 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,735 Posts
    I don't see how accidentally giving someone HIV is illegal, nor throwing someone out of the house you own. Yeah, it's not a nice thing to do, but I don't think it's something you can sue over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,507 Posts
    I might be overlooking something but did Barker actually KNOW he had HIV prior to doing the dude?

13. Post #13
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    I might be overlooking something but did Barker actually KNOW he had HIV prior to doing the dude?
    I don't know, he got HIV from his cousin which was before the Ex was around, so I guess he did?

14. Post #14
    I make sexist and racist jokes all the time yet,i still support the feminist movement and the rights of blacks.
    July 2010
    5,535 Posts
    [video=youtube;wXw6znXPfy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy[/vido]

(User was banned for this post ("Stupid and pointless video reply" - Swebonny))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    I'll never understand why THIS is bannable

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - postal))
    But at the same time, THIS isn't

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,735 Posts
    I think it is, just that he hasn't been banned yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    6,410 Posts
    The way it sounds from that article is Barker got HIV from someone right before getting involved with Armstrong. Then, right after getting involved with him, Barker tested positive. So that's why he told Armstrong to get tested after they were already sexually active, by the time Barker was diagnosed it was too late to prevent Armstrong from being exposed to it. You'll notice that in the article Armstrong does not accuse Barker of deliberately infecting him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts

Postal probably thought it was funny or some shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2009
    1,923 Posts
    as well as engaging in sadomasochism in prior relationships where syringes were involved
    Hellraiser makes so much more sense now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,828 Posts

I will never understand why either should be bannable. Nearly every single time that I see a image macro ban the post had tons of funnies and was actually relevant. That and they in no way affect a person in any way that should be a bannable offense.

21. Post #21
    December 2010
    6,383 Posts
    I will never understand why either should be bannable. Nearly every single time that I see a image macro ban the post had tons of funnies and was actually relevant. That and they in no way affect a person in any way that should be a bannable offense.
    If it wasn't bannable the news section would look like LMAO pics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)