1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    15,968 Posts
    Good job, you posted a picture of something that wasn't in game until almost five years after release.
    Uh... female dwarves have always been in the game, and have always been incredibly "unsexy"

the fuck are you talking about.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    Uh... female dwarves have always been in the game, and have always been incredibly "unsexy"

the fuck are you talking about.
    I think he's talking about the armor.

But that is burning crusade armor if I remember correctly so it would be more like a little more than 2 years after release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,371 Posts
    Go ahead if you even got that amount of cash and buy it, transform the whole blizzard industry and start making better games then what they previously been as activision slaves... Buy their freedom and break those chains of lame.

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    15,968 Posts
    I think he's talking about the armor.

But that is burning crusade armor if I remember correctly so it would be more like a little more than 2 years after release.
    Either way, female dwarves armor is never sexified.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    22,708 Posts
    It only took two pages for an Blizzard related thread to turn into an anti-WoW circle jerk I think that's a new record.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,486 Posts
    Either way, female dwarves armor is never sexified.
    That's one race, Tera has a race of awesome pipe smoking pugs that aren't sexified. Try making points that don't affect the opponents discussion positively.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    That's one race, Tera has a race of awesome pipe smoking pugs that aren't sexified. Try making points that don't affect the opponents discussion positively.
    The thing about WoW armor is that generally the tier sets look pretty much the same for both male and female characters. The only skimpy armor I've ever seen in that game was from a few untiered sets or pieces.

Now I haven't been able to find much info from tera, but pretty much every single picture I've seen so far of female armor in that game has been things like this.

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/human-fh/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    14,382 Posts
    The thing about WoW armor is that generally the tier sets look pretty much the same for both male and female characters. The only skimpy armor I've ever seen in that game was from a few untiered sets or pieces.

Now I haven't been able to find much info from tera, but pretty much every single picture I've seen so far of female armor in that game has been things like this.

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/human-fh/
    haha oh god "heavy armor"

yeah real heavy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,931 Posts
    How much just for the blizzard part?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    17,587 Posts
    Activison-Blizzard is a holding company owned by Vivendi. Blizzard is an independently managed subsidiary.
    In that case lemme ask this; does any of the money that Blizzard makes go to Activision or the Beelzebob?

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Wait a second, Vivendi owns them?

That explains a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    617 Posts
    Lets start a kickstarter called "buy activision Blizzard"

WE can do it!
    Are you fucking idiot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Azerbaijan Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

13. Post #93
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    15,994 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the WoW subscription fee is 15 dollars.
    And all their games are $60, and they don't discount for at least 15 years.
    And they built an entire game around a real-money auction house where they take 15% of every transaction.
    And every game is this gear-dependent grindfest specifically designed to suck players in and trick them into believing that they're making 'progress' when really they're just wasting away in front of a computer.
    And they put always-online DRM into single-player games and are vehemently against anything vaguely resembling an ounce of privacy.

But yeah, they're pretty OK if you look past the fact that they have the GDP of a few small nations because they exploit the shit out of a community of unquestioning fans.
    $14.99, so you're right on that.
    Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty is $39.99 on us.battle.net, right now.
    The transaction fee is from taking money from the service, not from selling an item.
    Oh boo hoo, I don't like Blizzard's games, that means this is a valid argument.
    What singleplayer games? I haven't seen Blizzard release a singleplayer game in a long time. If you mean Diablo 3, you haven't actually played the fucking game.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,113 Posts
    Please fucking please no oh god no.

Blizzard is a state as it is after Activision stuck their big fucking noses in just after the first expansion, they've already fucked WoW up completely. World of Casualcraft.

Fuck sake.
    Yes i'm very VERY mad.
    Oh hey, casual gamers complaining that their casual game is casual. Now that's a rich one.

15. Post #95
    Oh hey, casual gamers complaining that their casual game is casual. Now that's a rich one.
    I don't know how it's now, but back in the day it was hardly casual. Beating big raids without advanced knowledge and tactics was a tough task. Not something a casual can/wants to do.

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    14,382 Posts
    I don't know how it's now, but back in the day it was hardly casual. Beating big raids without advanced knowledge and tactics was a tough task. Not something a casual can/wants to do.
    apparently now its just wait for new content, watch guide on content, go with guild to do content, grind on content until next content comes out

or essentially

GEAR GEAR GEAR GEAR GEAR NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED greed NEED NEED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    470 Posts
    Whoever buy's and throws Kotick out, regardless of who it is will do a better job then him running the company.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    March 2010
    957 Posts
    Hope valve buys them and finally release dota 2 with blizzard assets.
    Diablo 3, WOW, Warcraft and Starcraft on Steam.
    A man can dream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    11,894 Posts
    its like people really forgot that Acti-blizzard is a publishing company, and doesn't have much to do with Blizzard at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    Whoever buy's and throws Kotick out, regardless of who it is will do a better job then him running the company.
    lmao dude kotick has done a great job as a CEO

kotick is objectively good at his job, which is to make money for activision's shareholders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #101
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    January 2009
    1,226 Posts
    Why not Torchlight or Path of Exlie? Why not Rift or Tera or Aion or anything else?

I'm willing to bet it's because your friends were all playing the Blizzard alternatives. Whether you actually thought about it that way or not.
    Blizzard wins, even when other games are doing the same things probably better.

Not sure about Path of Exile but Diablo 3 is just a flat out better designed game than Torchlight. I really didn't think torchlight was very good, actually. And I don't play WOW, I'm more into Guild Wars.

23. Post #103
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,306 Posts
    Someone tell Bill Gates quickly!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)