1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    its a conspiracry guys

GUYS the new wolrd order is coming !! get your gas masks and your .45ACP loaded with 230 grains
    hollow point exploding rounds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    October 2009
    1,288 Posts
    omg this guy must be an expert let's beliive him!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,934 Posts
    Yeah it's not like there are hundreds of other people posting reports of related events with pictures and videos

Oh wait it's from reddit, it must be fake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

4. Post #84
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,223 Posts
    That's practically the posts in a nutshell. Sure, the government could at the very least try to cover something up, but otherwise, why would they have created EANs for the EAS? If anything, it's regional at the point, so not a national emergency, but a CEM/CDW or a LAE would suffice, wouldn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    LE LMAO THE LE GOVERNMENT IS AGAINST US XDXD

(User was banned for this post ("Good job, you sure showed Reddit how good of a poster you are / Shitposting" - Swebonny))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #86

September 2008
    788 Posts
    I FUCKING KNEW IT.

ARG for a game/movie.

Let the speculation begin.

Watch_Dogs? this thing is happening only 2 hours from Chicago.

The Last of Us? Maybe this ARG is the origin for the end of the world thing?

I can't think of any post-apocalyptic movies coming soon.
    ...Seriously?

7. Post #87
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    June 2006
    2,327 Posts
    Reddit is better than Facepunch just because of how hilarious it is. Redditors are notoriously batshit insane, calling out people who actually have cancer by calling them liars and sending them death threats. This government cover-up thing is just more proof for how hilariously bad Reddit is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,916 Posts
    I personally wouldn't believe anything I read on reddit. There's a reason Facepunch is xenophobic towards them. I mean they noticed the radiation, but they bloated it into a conspiracy theory within minutes without first trying to give logical explanations.
    For me, my favorite was comments posted about women or something in a video somebody posted a while back. They are a classy bunch.

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,934 Posts
    Reddit is better than Facepunch just because of how hilarious it is. Redditors are notoriously batshit insane, calling out people who actually have cancer by calling them liars and sending them death threats. This government cover-up thing is just more proof for how hilariously bad Reddit is.
    Yeah man they must really hate people who have cancer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Zing Zing x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Holy fuck I live in Fort Wayne! I'm making 10 tinfoil hats

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    778 Posts
    People have been caught lying about having cancer for upvotes numerous times on reddit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    September 2007
    3,231 Posts
    ITT: reddit is a hive mind just like fp and just like SA and 4chan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,698 Posts
    I chatted with the guy who posted the threads. He now insists that there's a "downvote bot" conspiring to hide anything he posts by downvoting it to the bottom of the page. He says he hasn't slept since posting the thread (over 48 hours). Given that, and his paranoid delusions that the government is engaging in "media blackouts" of the whole thing despite the fact that he claims to be talking to reporters right now, I'm gonna say he's suffering from some serious mental health issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 12Zing x 1Winner x 1Informative x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    November 2010
    1,115 Posts
    I FUCKING KNEW IT.

ARG for a game/movie.

Let the speculation begin.

Watch_Dogs? this thing is happening only 2 hours from Chicago.

The Last of Us? Maybe this ARG is the origin for the end of the world thing?

I can't think of any post-apocalyptic movies coming soon.
    Valve is really getting ridiculous with these ARGs. Where did they get that much radiation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,637 Posts
    Well, this is a bit concerning.

Edited:

Radiation levels would go up during the day, because of radiation from the sun. I though that was pretty obvious

16. Post #96
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    The Indiana Environmental Management or w/e told people living in Gary to not go outside at all. My mom was in South Bend when she got the alert on her phone but she said no one saw any helicopters or military jets/planes in the area. Interesting little story developing however.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,356 Posts
    I live in Michigan and I always see military helicopters and planes flying over, that's not really an indicator for anything.

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,647 Posts
    Guys, Greenen here in iowa (which is pretty near the site of the incident), and I can confirm that wierd stuff is happening. My fish died today, which can only mean that there was a nuke on the border. I also got my geiger counter out, and can you guess what it says?

I think I've got enough info here to confidently say that there's been a nuclear attack, and it's being covered up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    September 2007
    3,231 Posts
    Guys, Greenen here in iowa (which is pretty near the site of the incident), and I can confirm that wierd stuff is happening. My fish died today, which can only mean that there was a nuke on the border. I also got my geiger counter out, and can you guess what it says?

I think I've got enough info here to confidently say that there's been a nuclear attack, and it's being covered up
    I doubt the validity of these wild claims.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,647 Posts
    I doubt the validity of these wild claims.
    I think we can all see pretty well you're under government payroll to naysay people who speak the truth that they don't want us to hear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    September 2007
    3,231 Posts
    I think we can all see pretty well you're under government payroll to naysay people who speak the truth that they don't want us to hear
    Go back to bed america, go back to bed and watch some american gladiator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,548 Posts

this guy has a picture of a fancy thingy, he must be right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

23. Post #103
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    9,490 Posts

If it was enough to kill your fish overnight, you'd be busy throwing up blood and peeling off flaking skin right now, honey. Show a picture of a bucketfull of those liquified lungs of yours, together with a skinless hand holding up a timestamp, and I might believe you. Maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 15Dumb Dumb x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    November 2008
    1,634 Posts
    If it was enough to kill your fish overnight, you'd be busy throwing up blood and peeling off flaking skin right now, honey. Show a picture of a bucketfull of those liquified lungs of yours, together with a skinless hand holding up a timestamp, and I might believe you. Maybe.
    In case you didn't catch it, he was making fun of the people who posted all the "evidence", and the people who believe it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,548 Posts
    look closer...

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    597 Posts
    Heh.
    I was just playing Infamous 2 earlier, in the mission where you    hit the Beast with the nuke    and the news counts it as a big deal. Coincidence? I think so!

27. Post #107
    lol crazy conspiracy theorists!!!

hey guys lets discount all evidence because the government has never done anything like this they're 100% totally infallible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    lol crazy conspiracy theorists!!!

hey guys lets discount all evidence because the government has never done anything like this they're 100% totally infallible.
    Kind of ridiculous that people nowadays think that nasty stuff only happens in the movies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I just do not get why people have this exagerated hate for the governement, might be the cause because I live in an pretty country with a decent governement. But even people here think of absolutely ridiculous conspiracies.

With the United States though, it is a bit tricky. Throughout all of it's history. The US is a master at secret stuff and operations that fuck up things.

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,227 Posts
    Reddit is a very large and diverse community
    lmao

Edited:

the biggest problem with reddit is its lack of diversity. it's even worse than facepunch. if you're not a centre-left, 'liberal', atheist then you're not welcome (and due to the nature of reddit's post and ratings system, you will be buried and silenced)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

31. Post #111
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    You make it sound like thats a bad thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,310 Posts
    Get your bottle caps ready kids! We're moving to the Indiana-Michigan border!
    Ok, I have 17 saved up. Is that enough?

33. Post #113
    lmao

Edited:

the biggest problem with reddit is its lack of diversity. it's even worse than facepunch. if you're not a centre-left, 'liberal', atheist then you're not welcome (and due to the nature of reddit's post and ratings system, you will be buried and silenced)
    no this actually isn't true

last time I checked they had active subreddits for basically every political affiliation and religion under the sun

Edited:

while it might be a bad thing that each political dogma has its own cordoned-off subreddit, you can't claim that there isn't diversity on reddit as a whole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,227 Posts
    concentration camp subreddits where everyone can circle jerk over whatever isn't a part of the main circle jerk

sounds brill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    November 2007
    900 Posts
    I live in Fort Wayne... Fuck.

36. Post #116
    June 2012
    546 Posts
    It was caused by Geiger counter malfunctioning. Several radiation tracking sites are linked to the same Geiger counter.

Edited:

Also, solar flares can influence the radiation levels at night, because of the nature of the Earth's magnetic field.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    November 2007
    900 Posts
    If I develop thyroid cancer suddenly, I'll let you all know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,943 Posts
    I remember this thread because I was linked to it. It's a lot of BLACK HELCOPTER conspiracies. When this happened the thread was posted an hour or two AFTER the local media had reported it,

And the reddit mods had to edit their posts because they were telling people to drink iodine which is harmful if you're not in actual danger of radiation (and since the entire thread is a conspiracy circle jerk there isn't any)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,347 Posts
    This is really fucking bad if it really was a nuclear test or so, this would violate START and would cause another nuclear arms race.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,427 Posts
    It's funny because these people think that the government is actually competent at doing what it's supposed to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)