1. Post #1
    I AM GOING TO FUCK UP YOUR WALLET SO BADLY YOU'LL BE FEELING IT FOR WEEKS
    March 2007
    10,782 Posts

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8166/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,467 Posts
    If you didn't already get it on the last 75% off sale, then now's the time. There is no excuse for not owning any of these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,751 Posts
    Get these games, although Warband is the best one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,602 Posts
    I have Warband but won't be getting any others until the War of the Roses game is out.

5. Post #5
    August 2011
    2,908 Posts
    I already have F&S so I'll buy Warband.

6. Post #6
    September 2008
    1,103 Posts
    Fire & Sword is waay cheaper than Warband.

Is it really that bad?

7. Post #7
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    It's not horrible, it's just that it kind of feels like a mod to Warband.

Also Warband has an assload more mods for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    F&S seems like the game where the developers just went crazy, the balance in that game, there really isn't much, but it is a fun game. It's just not a balanced game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Fire & Sword is waay cheaper than Warband.

Is it really that bad?
    It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I enjoy it from time to time but I play toooons of Warband. Warband is just better overall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    November 2007
    589 Posts
    I would buy Napoleonic Wars but I bought Warband on Amazon and Steam won't let me buy it without having the base game on my account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Warband is fantastic. I've never played a game quite like it. Where I see first hand my empire starting from just myself to owning armies that destroy and conquer.

Not to mention the combat is fun as hell.

12. Post #12
    August 2008
    1,978 Posts
    I found the singleplayer to quickly become repetitive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,715 Posts
    Never played any of these. I'd like to check'em out. Not now though because no PayPal

14. Post #14
    I found the singleplayer to quickly become repetitive.
    There are generally some shortcuts that I found made my 100hour singleplayer campaign go quicker. I think Space and CTRL + Space speeds up the game and also speeds up some operations.

it's long, but I liked it.

15. Post #15
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    They're a little rough around the edges, but once you get into them they're really addictive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,439 Posts
    Which should I get if I just want to play some multiplayer?
    I used to play the original quite a lot some time ago.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,971 Posts
    There are generally some shortcuts that I found made my 100hour singleplayer campaign go quicker. I think Space and CTRL + Space speeds up the game and also speeds up some operations.

it's long, but I liked it.
    Or you can do what I did and edit the character stats, cheat my way to the best armor/weapns, and unlock firearms again.

1 man army. 1 man empire.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,676 Posts
    sadly without a job, i cannot afford these unless it was randomly given for free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member

May 2008
    1,986 Posts
    Just got it. I remember playing M&B a while ago at a friends place. Fun game.

20. Post #20
    June 2008
    4,668 Posts
    I picked up the whole collection, seeing as Warband + Napoleon Wars is more expensive than it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    4,305 Posts
    Fire and Sword's campaign feels a bit fucked but has a really cool multiplayer component. I know the sale is gone but I still recommend it, the co-op captains mode is amazing.