1. Post #1
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,597 Posts
    Basically, a documentary about people who take the show way too seriously.

http://vimeo.com/42481478

password is "fluttershy"

interesting watch, turned my disgust into pity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny x 57Friendly x 7Late x 4Optimistic x 3Dumb x 2Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,543 Posts
    Ah yes, this video again. It's been making the rounds on /mlp/ and other various boards.

Needless to say anyone with a sense of social decency finds this shit horrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 53Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen

May 2011
    341 Posts
    I honestly feel bad for these people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 76Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,627 Posts
    I shuddered when they were talking to the women who didn't know what a brony was and they were explaining all the forum stuff and spreading friendship on the internet... Jesus christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    May 2012
    628 Posts
    Agreed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 14 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2011
    283 Posts
    Anyone else feel kind of sad? I mean, that deep kind of sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 34Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,134 Posts
    those brony conventions look fucking horrible, i can't see why anybody would seriously want to attend one of those
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 57Funny x 9Disagree x 2Informative x 1Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,890 Posts
    I want to cry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2010
    5,192 Posts
    Hahaha oh god that neckbeard on the very first guy...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 37Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,917 Posts
    oh my god

this is horrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

11. Post #11
    Sock the Foot Cloth
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,952 Posts
    Is this documentary meant to shed positive or negative light on bronies? I can't tell.

Hopefully it's negative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2010
    11,108 Posts
    It's like staring into the brass mirror before mankind, into a realm of souls twisted and defected. Bombarded by idealism and cynicism in equal measure, creating straw men of denied selfishness and yawning abysses of longing and need where once a man might have stood. And only then do you see that the mirror has vanished, and you've been looking through an empty frame.

A world of wicker men longing for flesh and life and levity that exists only in the realm of dream and fantasy, as the tendrils of reality slowly wither and crack the foundations of the lie they choose to live.

maybe i should just stick to 'this creeps me the fuck out'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic x 82Funny x 10Dumb x 2Friendly x 1Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,408 Posts
    Is this documentary meant to shed positive or negative light on bronies? I can't tell.

Hopefully it's negative.
    Entirely positive. It's hardly a documentary at that point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    April 2007
    287 Posts
    That Max guy that lost his best friend to the bronies. He disturbs me, he's too angry. He doesn't want to watch news unless there's Rape and Murder? I mean that's kinda fucked up. No offence but, I wouldn't want to be his friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 48Disagree Disagree x 4Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    17,108 Posts
    its pretty clear that the message is "these autistic kids are fucked up so far beyond the point that harassing them probably isn't going to help anything"

aka fueling the WHO GIVES A FUCK & leave em be ideal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,593 Posts
    what did I just watch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Panama Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    2,426 Posts
    Painful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

18. Post #18
    September 2009
    2,071 Posts
    holy shit
    those few seconds of the 2 people sitting in the corners of bronycon were actually depressing

this wasnt even funny wow im sad now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,394 Posts
    "You can't force a Brony"

5 minutes of the film is getting Max to watch MLP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 47 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,237 Posts
    5 seconds into the video and already there's a brony singing a song from the show by heart.

Looks like I'm gonna have to buckle in because this is gonna be one wild (albeit not very fun) ride.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts
    Waiting on someone to post that this is just a minority of the fandom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    May 2010
    11,108 Posts
    holy shit
    those few seconds of the 2 people sitting in the corners of bronycon were actually depressing

this wasnt even funny wow im sad now
    And why should it be funny? You think these people are alien to you? You think their thoughts are alien to your thoughts, their needs alien to your needs?

The only thing separating us from 'bronys' is a roll of chance in genes and environment. Would that you were deprived of all that they are deprived, were that you were as lonely as they are lonely, were that you were as desperate as they are desperate, you would be the mocked one. As could be any other person on this planet.

They have a hole inside them. A hole they fill with synthetic cloth and industrially sterile comfort. I see no reason to laugh at something no matter how absurd when its cause is so universally human.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 35Agree x 4Funny x 2Winner x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,543 Posts
    And why should it be funny? You think these people are alien to you? You think their thoughts are alien to your thoughts, their needs alien to your needs?

The only thing separating us from 'bronys' is a roll of chance in genes and environment. Would that you were deprived of all that they are deprived, were that you were as lonely as they are lonely, were that you were as desperate as they are desperate, you would be the mocked one. As could be any other person on this planet.

They have a hole inside them. A hole they fill with synthetic cloth and industrially sterile comfort. I see no reason to laugh at something no matter how absurd when its cause is so universally human.
    I saw this posted on a board earlier (the image not the post itself), seems relevant

Quite possibly the most articulate way I've ever seen someone say "stop being an autistic neckbeard and make some friends"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner x 112Agree x 13Funny x 6Informative x 4Artistic x 2Zing x 2Dumb x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    Agreed. They're not deserving of hatred, but pity.

Also, I feel this graph applies.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Disagree x 93Dumb x 11Agree x 9Funny x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    this made me feel legitimately bad for the guy

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 47Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,543 Posts

Dunno about "brilliant", how's "not a walking spaghetti superstore"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 61Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    December 2010
    6,390 Posts
    I am not watching this as I try to stay far away from as much MLP as I can aside from the usual facepunch avatars I see and those thread simulator videos. I actually haven't even seen the show before, and I have only heard their voices once from some guy using wav. files in Team Fortress 2 and it seriously made me cringe. Hard. I dare not even try to watch this video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

28. Post #28
    November 2010
    5,192 Posts

Sorry but when I see 3 brony's per TF2 server with sprays of ponys fucking each other, I think the vocal minority argument is done. You cannot escape the ponies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 49Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    Dunno about "brilliant", how's "not a walking spaghetti superstore"
    If you compare that to dumb fans, it's pretty damn brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,408 Posts
    this made me feel legitimately bad for the guy

Everyone shut the fuck up, I'm trying to think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 59 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,890 Posts
    That Max guy that lost his best friend to the bronies. He disturbs me, he's too angry. He doesn't want to watch news unless there's Rape and Murder? I mean that's kinda fucked up. No offence but, I wouldn't want to be his friend.
    he tries to hard to seem cynical or "hate-loving" like some character out of a tv show. at the most he's probably just butthurt his friend is into mlp and is making new friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,811 Posts

How is feeling sympathetic for someone inhuman are you stupid or something? Would you rather have him hate on them instead? I don't even see why you were so flustered over his post to the point where you managed to make a jumbled mess of your own.

He hides her face in her hair.
    wtf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2010
    5,192 Posts
    he tries to hard to seem cynical or "hate-loving" like some character out of a tv show. at the most he's probably just butthurt his friend is into mlp and is making new friends.
    Yeah, honestly, hes more pathetic than the brony's he hates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts

is that kevin

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 108Winner Winner x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,811 Posts
    Anyone else find that Pony fighting game to be cool? I'd honestly have it real just to see some big names of fighting games join some random tournaments just to smash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    July 2010
    1,745 Posts

is that kevin

That's not really surprising, at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    kevin is actually pretty cool he would never be a brony
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 28Disagree x 2Dumb x 2Zing x 2Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    May 2010
    11,108 Posts
    I saw this posted on a board earlier (the image not the post itself), seems relevant

Quite possibly the most articulate way I've ever seen someone say "stop being an autistic neckbeard and make some friends"
    That's what I'm saying. I'm saying it's not something to be laughed at, it's tragic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,695 Posts
    Eugh, this is just plain sad.

40. Post #40
    A true breast lover loves all breasts, regardless of the size.
    May 2010
    2,497 Posts

It really is amazing how people live in such a bubble. I've joined anime/brony boards, it's pretty depressing how some of these people are. Especially on brony boards when they talk about the show ending some day, they always say things like "Some people will move on, but we will always be bronies for life and we will always have each other!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)