1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2009
    3,687 Posts
    Meh. most "Bronies" I know are OK, I know one guy who made his own pony themed email service, and he even makes some money from it.

I don't really care about bronies, but some people take shit too far.

Edited:

Oh god some of the lisps the people have...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    Personally I stopped giving a shit, I occasionally watch the show, but I watch transformers, yu-gi-oh, thomas the tank and whatever else. I just like kid's cartoons and they help pass the time.

I don't call myself a "brony" and I shouldn't really call myself a "furry" either simply because they're hobbies rather than a need for social interaction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    February 2010
    6,181 Posts
    This is so fucking awful to watch. Makes me sad to watch My Little Pony. This also makes me want to blow my brains out because of how disappointed I am in humanity

Edit: Did that guy just call Fluttershy a he?

Edit2: FUCK THIS MAKES ME WANT TO KILL SOMEONE.
    Problem differentiating gender?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    hey
    August 2006
    5,692 Posts
    Meanwhile in the future

who thought this was a bright idea

it isn't

it's a cartoon with a primary intended audience of children

making it more "realistic" or sexualizing it isn't going to make it any 'better'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

5. Post #85
    I am not a cool person please ignore everything I say
    May 2010
    4,105 Posts
    Having an interest is okay, having an interest and sharing it with people is okay too.

Having an interest and going to conventions dressing up, and buying items that aren't meant in a persons nature is going a bit overboard.

I hope these people realize this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    February 2010
    6,181 Posts
    Meanwhile in the future

Why.

7. Post #87
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,350 Posts
    Don't worry, it's not sexual.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 78 (list)

8. Post #88
    May 2010
    4,105 Posts
    All I feel for these people is sadness. They really need some help.

Edited:

I mean who the fuck buys 5 happy meals? Mainly for the toys? Then eats them buy themselves? IN PUBLIC??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

9. Post #89
    A true breast lover loves all breasts, regardless of the size.
    May 2010
    2,508 Posts
    who thought this was a bright idea

it isn't

it's a cartoon with a primary intended audience of children

making it more "realistic" or sexualizing it isn't going to make it any 'better'
    I have an 8 year old cousin who loves the show. Makes me feel worried that she might come across this shit at some point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 16 (list)

10. Post #90
    Terrible Mustache Aficionado
    November 2010
    2,653 Posts
    Don't worry, it's not sexual.

RIP Bernie Mac
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    653 Posts
    Agreed. They're not deserving of hatred, but pity.

Also, I feel this graph applies.

That's not how set theory works mate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,540 Posts
    I don't think in the entire history of fandoms there has been something as sad and pathetic as some if the brony's out there (not all of you).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,050 Posts
    I'll have to come clean with you guys. I am, what you may call, a "brony". I watch the show, but that's about it. I am, however, creeped out by the people who take it too far, a lot of these people seem to forget that little thing called dignity. I don't even know if some of them have ever had it, with the way they act.

This is precisely the reason why I am often ashamed to admit that I watch this show. I don't want to be affiliated with these people.

14. Post #94
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,567 Posts
    I don't think in the entire history of fandoms there has been something as sad and pathetic as some if the brony's out there (not all of you).
    Ehhhhh

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 26 (list)

15. Post #95
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,221 Posts
    seen this a few times, I actually had to laugh when I saw a copy floating around tumblr and even the doofier ponyfans I know were wondering if the guy directing it was intentionally finding the worst examples of people to interview.

It's being treated so professionally by whoever's making it, but it seems they're not capable of realizing what might be completely detrimental to the image they're trying to represent. I'd SAY they were a brony and just equally enthusiastic, but when we met the guy who sang for the opening (moshing like an idiot), he asked a simple question about what pony his scarf was or whatever (a main character) and the interviewer didn't know the answer

it honestly felt like the singing intro set the mood for it to intentionally shed bad light on bronies, or in the least be the theatrical trailer to some sort of horror film

the whole thing is awkward, tense, and just embarrassing to watch

A good friend of mine recently became a Brony
    Now he writes fanfiction, only listens to weird brony music (like dubstep by DJ Pony, apparently thats a real thing) and only talks about ponies and how awesome they are
    When I tell him that I find that at least weird he starts to prove me how harmless bronies are

It's terrifying, really
    the brony music (and art) scene is wonky save for a select few. TH89's Pony Swag still seems really popular, and the better known dubsteppy dude Alex S is actually talented, but wants to produce his own original stuff more and more since he acknowledges that pony isn't something to really strive for as a career choice. Most people aren't quite so smart about their goals, but if all you're in it is to make fan art and have fun I don't think it's a bad thing.    the deviant art thread always needs new content   

oh holy shit, that first lady who comments about sushi is Tiffany Grant, I interviewed her before, and talked with her a few other times. I used to do con photography and press work, and can at least attest to the fact that it is kind of hard to shed positive light on conventions and stuff when you think about how an outsider would view your video. The people at the con who'd care about your stuff would just be ecstatic, but god damn I couldn't run a business with mostly animu con portfolio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative x 2Funny x 2Agree x 1Dumb x 1Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    April 2010
    646 Posts
    I feel kind of happy for them, but in the same way I feel happy for those xxx_sm0k3_weed_xxx kids who buy every cod and enjoy it.

Like, I watched mlp once and thought, "Meh, nothing special wouldn't really watch it again" same thing goes with me and Cod.

I think it's good that they have something that they can enjoy so much even though they do go a bit overboard.

Still hate the obnoxious-ass bronies though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #97
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,350 Posts
    I keep putting in the password but its not letting my view the video.

18. Post #98
    May 2010
    4,105 Posts
    Don't use caps or quotation marks. If it still doesn't work then I don't know.

19. Post #99
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,754 Posts
    God fucking FUCK, bronycons look 100x worse than furry cons.

One of my con-attending friends who is a sweaty dude who wears a fursuit isn't even as gross. He says that Anthrocon is heaven compared to bronycons.

I mean, fuck, bronies even LOOK gross at all times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    May 2010
    4,105 Posts
    I mean, fuck, bronies even LOOK gross at all times.
    It sounds so stereotypical, but I find this statement partially true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 3 (list)

21. Post #101
    May 2011
    1,572 Posts
    I don't really mind people who casually watch the show. I know a lot of them, and they're not unpleasant to talk to at all. Hell, some gave me free muffins once.

The people in the documentary slightly disgusts me though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,754 Posts
    It sounds so stereotypical, but I find this statement partially true.
    At least they have a obligatory "you have to fucking shower" announcement at the start of furry cons.

Brony cons are just... euuuuguuhhhhh

Edited:

i can't believe i'm saying this, but i feel less self-conscious about being a furfag now that bronies have taken the shit spotlight.

Edited:

i think i speak for everyone when i say that the token black guy playing d&d was the best person in this entire documentary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,350 Posts
    Don't use caps or quotation marks. If it still doesn't work then I don't know.
    Yeah, its not working.
    I was quite interested in this too, wanted to see how disgusting these people REALLY are.

24. Post #104
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,637 Posts
    The bearded anti-brony isn't too much of a clever guy either. :v
    "I like hate"
    He gets bored of all the violence and rape on the television, he's got nothing to hate, so he hates bronies. He literally said that.

Also the bronies in the video are the extreme (rear) end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    382 Posts
    At least they have a obligatory "you have to fucking shower" announcement at the start of furry cons.

Brony cons are just... euuuuguuhhhhh

Edited:

i can't believe i'm saying this, but i feel less self-conscious about being a furfag now that bronies have taken the shit spotlight.
    I just love this kind of attitude from furfags, it's not like they are any better, both are equally stupid, fucked up and disgusting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree x 28Zing x 1Dumb x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #106

January 2010
    304 Posts
    I hope that Gabe Newell is trolling us when saying that he's a Brony...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,214 Posts
    same thing happened to me, i thought it was a javascript issue but then i realised i'd accidentally turned cookies off. so just check cookies are enabled and javascript is on.

(this is if you're getting some error about form sessions or something like that, otherwise i can't help you)

28. Post #108
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,637 Posts
    Don't expect him to be a sperg like you see in this video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,350 Posts
    He only said that once in an interview, who knows if he is joking or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,221 Posts
    I'm not sure if some celebrities understand the difference between saying "I think this show's cool too look at me I'm hip" and "oh my god did you see the season finale I cried so hard"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 47Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    what have you done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    266 Posts
    This makes me feel bad for watching the show. Literally the only thing I do is watch the show and that's it, maybe had a pony name on steam for a while to piss people off.

The fact that I could be even remotely associated with these oddballs just turns me off even bothering tuning in for the third season.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,567 Posts
    I'm not sure if some celebrities understand the difference between saying "I think this show's cool too look at me I'm hip" and "oh my god did you see the season finale I cried so hard"
    I just have no fucking idea what's even going on with the fanbase anymore

e.g. here's one of FP's favorite musicians dead-mow-five in concert just a few days ago (look at the shirt)

closer inspection

the fuck is going on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #114
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,339 Posts
    FP's favorite musicians? Uhhhhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 37Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #115
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,567 Posts
    I may or may not have been serious

[sub][sub][sub]I wasn't[/sub][/sub][/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,070 Posts
    He said that he watched/watches My Little Pony.
    Not "I am a brony and I am going to do various things that includes cartoon horses".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

37. Post #117
    May 2012
    630 Posts
    He said that he watched/watches My Little Pony.
    Not "I am a brony and I am going to do various things that includes cartoon horses".
    But when the interviewer said "So you're a brony?" he replied, "Yep."

He probably thinks his statement wasn't that big of a deal.

If only he knew.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

38. Post #118
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,350 Posts

e.g. here's one of FP's favorite musicians dead-mow-five in concert just a few days ago (look at the shirt)

closer inspection

the fuck is going on
    Look at his hat
    'I <3 haters'

I'm pretty sure he's fucking with people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

39. Post #119
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,567 Posts
    But when the interviewer said "So you're a brony?" he replied, "Yep."

He probably thinks his statement wasn't that big of a deal.

If only he knew.
    Something I've noticed from inside the fanbase, bronies are quick to label celebrities as one of their own at even the slightest sign that they watch the show.

Edited:

Look at his hat
    'I <3 haters'

I'm pretty sure he's fucking with people.
    Yeah most people have that suspicion, but of course there's hoardes of bronies spouting "WELCOME TO DA HERD DEDMOW5" and other such stupid shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120

closer inspection

the fuck is going on
    favorite musician? Hardly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)