1. Post #1
    May 2010
    157 Posts
    tl;dr were looking for people to Q with in Dota 2, they can be ANY skill level, but MUST have a BP booster. Pros of joining us: You will gain exp at a 135% OR HIGHER rate! Negatives of joining us: None, but there could be inexperienced players on your team or the opposite team could be REALLY good. All depends. Or maybe you could rape the entire other team. All depends.

So as we know, the Battle Point booster from the Dota 2 store can stack. For example, if you have one, you get 75% BP (Battle Points) bonus. But if someone else in the game you are playing in has it, you gain 75% + 15% for a total of 90% BP bonus! So I thought, well we can't choose who our opponents are, but we can choose who our teammates are! So my plan is to get together as many people as possible (minimum of 4) who are willing to just Q together, regardless of knowledge or experience of Dota, and play a TON. Now you may be wondering, "why are you looking for more than 4?" well that's because I want this little thing to continue even when someone is offline. So what I plan to do is create a steam group and have people who are willing to participate join, and then you guys can all friend each other and we can keep this BP boosting going on at all times!

Requirements:
    BP Booster
    Understanding that you can't rage too hard if your teammates act like drunken monkeys on crack

If you are interested, our steam group is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DotaBP

I had to make it private though so not just any yahoo can join.
    Add us as a friend on steam to get the ball rolling!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/callmepickle
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Imod12

PM us if your'e interested. make sure you have BP Booster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,243 Posts
    Doesn't the 15% boost only apply for one match? There's no point in 'playing a TON' with the same people all over again, >100% bonus would work once every 3/6 days. Still, it's an interesting idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2011
    8,369 Posts
    Doesn't the 15% boost only apply for one match? There's no point in 'playing a TON' with the same people all over again, >100% bonus would work once every 3/6 days. Still, it's an interesting idea.
    That's not how it works at all, holy fuck how can someone get something so wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,571 Posts
    If one person in a match has a booster, then everybody else in the match gets a 15% boost on top of any other boosts they have. You can play a million matches with the same exact people, and as long as they have a booster, you'll still get the 15% bonus.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,243 Posts
    Goddamn it. I misread the thing. I thought the bonus applies only once and not every single match you play. Sorry for confusion.

6. Post #6
    Full-time astronaut, part-time alcoholic
    July 2006
    1,253 Posts
    So if you pubstomp with a full five and each of you have BP boosts, you get levels easy? That sounds like an expensive bromade, though.

7. Post #7
    March 2011
    187 Posts
    Definitely down for this, I plan on pretty much keeping a booster running 24/7 as long as I'm actively playing the game. I added both of the users mentioned in OP.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,243 Posts
    3-day boosters still drop, so I guess you could trade items for them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,254 Posts
    in multiple games someone has put the battle booster on. im battle level 3.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,558 Posts
    I'm in.

11. Post #11
    April 2011
    2,594 Posts
    I will be in as soon as I finish important things. Just leave me the freaking Sand King

12. Post #12
    ~buttslut~
    September 2008
    5,855 Posts
    Im in but im not sure how long my booster has left.

13. Post #13
    No more drama! ever!
    November 2011
    1,857 Posts
    I think boosters are broken right now, and just go on forever. It's been well over three days. I always intent to buy boosters too. Lemme in.

14. Post #14
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I think boosters are broken right now, and just go on forever. It's been well over three days. I always intent to buy boosters too. Lemme in.
    Valve added an extra 3 days to everyone who owned or had owned a boost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    May 2010
    157 Posts
    For those who add me (imod12) Please PM because many people adding for trades. Please PM if you have BP Booster and want to join the group. Thanks Evryone :)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,558 Posts
    Valve added an extra 3 days to everyone who owned or had owned a boost.
    Ah.
    That could be why.
    Why did they do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    ~buttslut~
    September 2008
    5,855 Posts
    Apparently my booster was meant to end yesterday and it hasn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,739 Posts
    This feels like abusing, like how Duels were abused in TF2...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,511 Posts
    This feels like abusing, like how Duels were abused in TF2...
    It's not really abusing if they went out of their way to make it stackable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)