1. Post #1
    June 2012
    546 Posts

Russia is mobilizing 70,000 police officers and more than 9,000 soldiers for the June 12 holiday when opposition groups plan rallies in central Moscow and around the country, according to the Interior Ministry.

About 1.35 million people are expected to attend 1,550 “political, cultural and other mass” events around the country on the Russia Day holiday, the Interior Ministry said today in a statement on its website.

Vladimir Putin, who returned to the presidency for a third term last month, on June 8 signed a bill that increases fines 150-fold for protesters who break the law. Putin has faced the biggest challenge to his authority since he came to power in 2000 as tens of thousands of Russians have taken part in demonstrations since parliamentary elections in December.

“Participants in masks, for example, will be immediately detained by the police,” the Interior Ministry said, citing the new law, which took effect yesterday. “Organizers will be held liable for violations involving harm to civilians, illegally blocking traffic, damaging roads and property.”

The maximum fine for protesters found to have broken the law was raised to 300,000 rubles ($9,280) from 2,000 rubles, and to as much as 600,000 rubles for organizers.

The opposition, which received permission to hold its planned “march of millions” in Moscow the same day that Putin signed the law into effect, condemned the initiative as an attempt to stifle the constitutional right to free assembly.

The holiday celebrates parliament’s declaration of Russian sovereignty on June 12, 1990, as the Soviet Union crumbled.

“There is quite a bit of tension, maybe apprehension is a better word, ahead of Tuesday,” Chris Weafer, chief strategist at Troika Dialog in Moscow, wrote in an e-mailed note on June 8. “Many in what remains a core part of the protest movement are openly saying that peaceful protest has not worked so it is now time for a more forceful approach.”
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...-12-rally.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Netherlands Show Events Friendly x 11Funny x 4Zing x 2Winner x 1Dumb x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,310 Posts
    Beef.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,245 Posts

What is this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2012
    546 Posts

What is this
    Vladimir Putin and Dmitry Medvedev. The Russian president and the Russian prime minister. There's a 2 consecutive term limit in Russia, so Medvedev (Putin's old friend) helped Putin by becoming the president after Putin's 2 terms, so that Putin would be eligible for 2 more terms. Medvedev didn't even run for his 2nd term, to give his place to Putin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2012
    1,692 Posts
    300,000 rubles ($9,280) from 2,000 rubles, and to as much as 600,000 rubles for organizers.
    Holy crap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    April 2011
    503 Posts
    Vladimir Putin and Dmitry Medvedev. The Russian president and the Russian prime minister. There's a 2 consecutive term limit in Russia, so Medvedev (Putin's old friend) helped Putin by becoming the president after Putin's 2 terms, so that Putin would be eligible for 2 more terms. Medvedev didn't even run for his 2nd term, to give his place to Putin.
    All I see is two badly drawn old guys, one of them is also wearing a bee costume.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

March 2012
    213 Posts
    I'm going to Russia on June 12th. Hope I can see some football instead of batons and teargas.

Also on June of 12th, Russians are playing against the Polish.

8. Post #8
    All I see is two badly drawn old guys, one of them is also wearing a bee costume.
    Your mind is shit at imagination.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    Your mind is shit at imagination.
    What are you supposed to imagine from that shit picture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    917 Posts
    Putin isn't playing around.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,111 Posts
    If you can't see the resemblance, then you've either never seen Putin or Medvedev, or need glasses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #12
    June 2012
    546 Posts
    What are you supposed to imagine from that shit picture?
    Is this one better?

Edited:

The other one (Putin) is wearing a crab costume.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2010
    4,166 Posts
    Over 9000 Soldiers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Looks like they have the good old fashioned Soviet style of handling dissenters going.

Over 9000 Soldiers?
    Don't do it man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,705 Posts
    Putin is a jackass and Medvedev is his lapdog.

The maximum fine for protesters found to have broken the law was raised to 300,000 rubles ($9,280) from 2,000 rubles, and to as much as 600,000 rubles for organizers.
    Well, at least I know now that all those rubles I got in STALKER for finding huge caches of illegal weapons, anomalous rocks, and experimental military technology would only net me not even a fraction of what it was really worth.

Over 9000 Soldiers?
    Oh god, let's hope this isn't one of those "Cordon" situations again. I barely survived getting past that machine gun.

Don't do it man
    He's a grown man, let him do what he wants. Just imagine all the loot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    I make sexist and racist jokes all the time yet,i still support the feminist movement and the rights of blacks.
    July 2010
    5,535 Posts
    No worries another 10000 soldiers will come and crush them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,811 Posts
    It would be great if those police and soldiers then turned on the government instead.

But that's being optimistic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    August 2009
    1,634 Posts
    JUST MAKE SURE THEYRE ALL MASSED TOGETHER SO ITS EASIER TO FRAG EM DOWN.

19. Post #19
    November 2007
    1,610 Posts
    The drawing of Putin looks more like Anderson Cooper.

20. Post #20

September 2011
    514 Posts
    When the entire population is protesting you have a responsibility to examine if you're doing anything wrong before you start beefing up security forces.

I honestly hope somebody assassinates Putin, he's a terrible world leader, and he's had hands in enough of other people's deaths.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,954 Posts
    When the entire population is protesting you have a responsibility to examine if you're doing anything wrong before you start beefing up security forces.
    im pretty sure putin knows hes doing bad things, he just doesnt ca-

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN CENSORED BY THE FSB

22. Post #22
    August 2009
    8,228 Posts
    im pretty sure putin knows hes doing bad things, he just doesnt ca-

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN CENSORED BY THE FSB
    If it was censored by the FSB how did you click po-

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN DEEMED ANTI-GOVERNMENT BY THE MVD

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,940 Posts

I honestly hope somebody assassinates Putin, he's a terrible world leader, and he's had hands in enough of other people's deaths.
    He doesn't care about what people think
    He only cares about glorious dosh

24. Post #24
    May 2011
    393 Posts
    So when are some of the soldiers or police going to flip out and start a massacre. Can't imagine with tensions this high that that part is not far away.

25. Post #25
    September 2010
    3,191 Posts
    The thing is that one time Putin, during a press conference, was talking that he was working for the people as a slave.

In Russian it was heard as "Ya rabotal na narod kak rab" while some internet folk interpreted as "Ya rabotal na narod kak krab", hence he was called a crab since then.

As for Medvedev, the russian Internet folk tried to find for him also an appropriate name (well to be honest i dont really know the backstory behind bee), but for some time he was called "Shmel" which means "Bee" in Russian.

And so Medvedev was Bee and Putin was Crab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)