1. Post #241
    September 2010
    1,557 Posts
    I'm not sure if it's griefing, me and my friend once built a fake city in minecraft, with houses to purchases, farms, stores and stuff like that. I hired some security guards and I was the mayor, but we also built a secret area under the whole city which nobody else knew about, and there was a curfew where everyone had to stay in their houses for the night. Pretty much everyone complied. Eventually the whole server were residents at my town, so during the lockdown we secretly rigged the town with TNT directly under the citizen's homes when they were inside, blew up the whole block, leaving no survivors, and picked up all their hard earned items.

Was a fun night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 42Winner Winner x 12 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,812 Posts
    On the "Criminalis" Earthcraft server, there are these massive tunnels all under eastern europe.

we should spark a war there, and when 2 big factions are fighting, blow up the entire tunnel system, essentially flattening Eastern Europe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Holy shit you got the prepubescent voice perfectly tuned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

4. Post #244
    May 2011
    1,000 Posts
    On the "Criminalis" Earthcraft server, there are these massive tunnels all under eastern europe.

we should spark a war there, and when 2 big factions are fighting, blow up the entire tunnel system, essentially flattening Eastern Europe.
    I believe those tunnels are from the douchebags Molemen. They were X-rayers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,811 Posts
    I did. I'm going to compile it all into a video when I get back from my classes (two weeks).
    Two weeks?

College, right? Why don't you send them to somebody else. Plenty of the younger folks on this sight are on summer break, and some of the older ones don't really have to worry so much about a job.

It just seems absurd to wait two weeks for such a short video. I'm sure someone else could do it.

6. Post #246
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    In Dawn of War 2 Retribution's Last Stand mode (essentially Horde but with 3 players, with individual heroes), the Mekboy class has an item from a DLC that lets him do quick, cheap teleports that culminate in massive explosions that do lots of damage, and a fair bit of team damage.

Today I played a few matches, went afk, came back, and before I could quit I had to sit through one of DOW2's horribly long loading screens despite the fact I didn't want to play anymore. After it finished loading, I teleported and consequently exploded right next to one of my team mates, and every time he flew away from the blast I teleported with almost infinite energy (the teleport ability costs almost no ability energy) and I kept knocking him down so he couldn't escape, and after the fourth time he died. I then turned to my other team mate and killed him too. The former rage quitted and the latter typed "?" in chat. I then resurrected him and quitted.

7. Post #247
    January 2009
    4,843 Posts
    Space Station 13
    Cuban Pete
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

8. Post #248
    ALPHA MALE
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,541 Posts
    Furry pound servers are typically some of the best hosted servers on tf2, they are always full of decent to good players. And if sprays bother you that much, turn them off. ;)
    Yeah, the servers are so good that half of the admins are man children and the community consists of nothing but dramafags. A good clean high quality server for sure~!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    April 2010
    2,401 Posts
    Space Station 13
    Cuban Pete
    To those of you who don't know what is the fabled Cuban Pete, or how to attempt such a daring feat, let me explain.

A Cuban Pete is when you blow the living hell out of the station, there fore ruining the round (I always used to do it on Gibbed, but then I pushed my luck as non-traitor scientist, and now I am no longer welcome there.)

Step 1. Get access to the science department, you need to make bombs, and lots of em.
    Step 2. Gather every remote signaling device you can, and store em somewhere safe.
    Step 3. Make bombs (there's already guides for this on the SS13 and /tg/station wiki.)
    Step 4. Attach signalers to all your bombs, keep one signaler for detonation.
    Step 5. Point of no return, hide the bombs in lockers in vital areas, near the bridge, medbay, escape hallway, security, arrivals, and engineering, with a few in maintenance for good measure.
    Step 6. Get in the bar, turn on your radio (or use ; before what you type), and announce

'They call me Cuban Pete. I'm the king of the rumba beat.
    When I play the maracas I go chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky boom'

And then detonate the bombs via signaler.

Enjoy as the station lags and burns to death! (and as you get banned, unless you are the best traitor of all time.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 24Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    The officers should schedule an event like that, but with 15 or so people all working together.
    Remember to record.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,031 Posts
    To those of you who don't know what is the fabled Cuban Pete, or how to attempt such a daring feat, let me explain.

A Cuban Pete is when you blow the living hell out of the station, there fore ruining the round (I always used to do it on Gibbed, but then I pushed my luck as non-traitor scientist, and now I am no longer welcome there.)

Step 1. Get access to the science department, you need to make bombs, and lots of em.
    Step 2. Gather every remote signaling device you can, and store em somewhere safe.
    Step 3. Make bombs (there's already guides for this on the SS13 and /tg/station wiki.)
    Step 5. Point of no return, hide the bombs in lockers in vital areas, near the bridge, medbay, escape hallway, security, arrivals, and engineering, with a few in maintenance for good measure.
    Step 6. Get in the bar, turn on your radio (or use ; before what you type), and announce

Enjoy as the station lags and burns to death! (and as you get banned, unless you are the best traitor of all time.)
    Alternatively, all you need is a good miner and a single engineer to blow up the singularity entirely. I've done it a few times, and it was great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    April 2010
    2,401 Posts
    Alternatively, all you need is a good miner and a single engineer to blow up the singularity entirely. I've done it a few times, and it was great.
    Yes, but is that engineer the king of the Rumba beat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

13. Post #253
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,031 Posts
    Yes, but is that engineer the king of the Rumba beat?
    if you have enough plasma spores, yes.

completely destroying the sing means no more power forever (people can't operate solars for the life of them). Then it's just you, the now-dying ai, and a blinded crew with no choice but to listen to your rendition of cuban pete. Both methods are fun though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,296 Posts
    Or you just fuck over everything as AI and pump plasma slowly into the atmos. Then, destroy telecomms. And to finish it, bolt everyone in a room. Set the vents to max pressure and plasma will pump out within seconds. blow the lights and the station will light up like a christmas tree on fire.

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,723 Posts
    ph0ne's channel is gone?

rip. Best griefer ever in my book. He will be missed.
    no he was a fucking dick bag

Edited:

he just had friends that helped him make the griefing good

Edited:

Alright, some quick stories of things I've done recently on ArmA II with my buddy (shame I didn't record any of this).

1) Reverse Artillary
    - On this domination map there were 2 artillary positions with people in them shelling the enemy hideouts from forever away. We fly over them in our helicopter expecting them to just TK us, but when they hit our chopper on accident it blew them up and we were relatively okay. They thought the artillary bugged out and were both blaming each other for the boom boom. They spent like a hour trying to get the artillary back and figuring out how to repair it.

2) Eliminate the competition
    - We were in an Apache completely decimating the enemy. I was at the top of the scoreboard and I intended to stay there; whenever we flew by friendly attack helicopters we would shoot out their rotor and they would crash to the ground. It wouldn't say who shot them down so it was the perfect crime.

3) C130 Sky Bus pickup
    - A group of around 20-25 people were waiting for a helicopter pickup at the recently captured point. I was flying a C130 (massive cargo plane). There is no chance of landing this monster anywhere on the Takistan map except for the airfield so I did what any terrorist in training would do, I crashed the C130 into them just as the helicopter got there to pick them up. The best part? It didn't say that I killed anyone, it said that the person in the helicopter killed them so they all jumped on his nuts.

4) Capture the repair point
    - I was in a little bird and I was waiting for people to land their helicopters to repair at the repair pad. As they were landing I would swoop in right under them and steal the spot. This usually caused them to freak out as they tried to abort landing then they would hover patiently while I was getting repaired. Then I would frequently pretend to just start getting off the repair pad only to go back on it again. My buddy would sometimes shoot the rotors out from the helicopters waiting so when I finally got off the repair pad they would not be able to move their helicopter on it.

youtube channel to the left
    time to do this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #256
    February 2010
    3,119 Posts
    A griefing thread without phoon? Unacceptable.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 6 (list)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,723 Posts
    phoon isn't really a griefer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #258
    February 2010
    3,119 Posts
    phoon isn't really a griefer
    From the video description:

hi im phoon i used to bunnyhop and kill people and make them angry a lot but i can't anymore heres a video bye
    Close enough for me.

Regardless, it's a hilarious video. Fun to watch, also.

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,116 Posts
    From the video description:

Close enough for me.

Regardless, it's a hilarious video. Fun to watch, also.
    Is he legitimately that good at bunnyhopping? If so, I need to learn how to better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #260
    July 2009
    5,961 Posts
    My friend on Minecraft was constantly getting picked on by a group of dudes on a server. They were constantly blowing up his stuff, raiding his mines and killing him for his valuable stuff. The admin wouldn't help him, so he asked me for help.

Together, him and I devised a devious plan that took LOTS of effort but was worth it. With work, we created a fake mine in the side of a mountain and we filled it to the brim with hidden TNT. And I mean A LOT of TNT. It was fucking EVERYWHERE. In the floor, the walls, the ceiling. The TNT was wired to explode when a lever inside of the mine was pulled. A sign placed beside the lever said, "Secret Entrance Lever" so that they'd be curious and pull on it. After that, we then posted a sign in front of the mine that said "Steve's Diamond Mine."

After we were done, I got my friend to post a fake message in the chat, telling me to meet him in his diamond mine at X area. We then hid off in the distance and waited. A good 15 minutes or so passed before 6 dudes showed up and they entered the mine. We waited for them to reach the lever.

After a few minutes, the whole fucking mountain exploded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 55Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,874 Posts
    I was on the server in minecraft with a hack client they had a city unprotected and with in a hour the city was gone with fountains in lava.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,723 Posts
    Is he legitimately that good at bunnyhopping? If so, I need to learn how to better
    he WAS until zblock 2012

23. Post #263
    February 2010
    5,350 Posts
    Holy shit you got the prepubescent voice perfectly tuned.
    I set it to about 1.4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,654 Posts

This is what you'll look like
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 31 (list)

25. Post #265
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    We should do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 8 (list)

26. Post #266
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Not really griefing, but heres some >'s to make you all upset

>play tf2 with 5 friends on 2fort in a full server
    >all go engie
    >sentries in every corner of the intel room
    >tele's in every corner
    >dispensers in every corner
    >(anyenemyteammember) walks in
    >hit by 20 rockets at once
    OMG BLU IS HACKER ENGIE ABUSE NOOBS
    ??????
    profit

ONLY downside was when i went to bed all i heard was the constant boop boop beep boop sound of the sentry in my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts

>all go engie
    >tele's in every corner
    ??????
    profit

ONLY downside was when i went to bed all i heard was the constant boop boop beep boop sound of the sentry in my head.
    That's how 2fort usually is, though.

28. Post #268
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Everyone on the enemy team was quite anally anguished.

I never saw anyone camp the intel room with more than one sentry, but i also haven't played in like a year.

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Everyone on the enemy team was quite anally anguished.

I never saw anyone camp the intel room with more than one sentry, but i also haven't played in like a year.
    Five is more than normal, but on a full server it is nowhere near unusual to see 3 in the intel room.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,654 Posts

>all go engie
    >tele's in every corner
    ??????
    profit

I think the best I've been able to get is 8 or 10 people on my team to build in the intel. In my experience, it's less "fuck FUCKERs fuckfUCK" than "rofl" after a single spy saps some 40 buildings and gets nearly all of them

That gets me thinking- griefing is kind of a spectrum between dicking around and enraging players, so everyone in the group probably likes playing TTT naturally

31. Post #271
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    A very funny story from the SA griefing thread (Sorry I don't have any stories of my own, because I'm really goddamn worthless when it comes to griefing)

SA User Kessel posted:
    The goons in Star Trek Online have been very active recently in griefing the poo poo out of people.

You see, Star Trek Online is a game that attracts the best kind of roleplay possible. These erotic roleplayers live out their sexual captain fantasies in space, including wonderful things like bridge RP (everyone gets on the bridge of a ship and pretends to do their thing, like being an engineer or whatever.)

Naturally, goons constantly raid these RP hangouts for laughs.

Last night, we managed to get ourselves named the subject of a MAJOR CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION. Here's the crosspost from the STO thread.

-----

The goon special ops division was doing the usual hang-out-at-Drozana (THE roleplaying hangout in Star Trek Online) spiel when we ran into someone named Gunney@gunnerland who was roleplaying a bartender. That means he stands behind the bar and pretends to serve other roleplayers drinks.

Naturally, one of us logged in to his fat naked Orion male and started dancing wildly on the bar.

Gunney didn't like this and made some very disparaging remarks which we responded to with fire extinguishers. After a few minutes of this, Gunney decided he'd had enough! He challenged us to a PVP match:

Having lost the match in horrible, spectacular fashion, Gunney and friends were not happy and started insulting us in trade chat. This went on for several minutes - Gunney is not good with words - before they warped out. Of course, we couldn't let this stand, so we used the player search function to locate their team and literally chased them around the galaxy.

Eventually, Gunney returned to Drozana, and boy oh boy was he mad! He'd managed to recruit a little posse for himself, including someone in a dual heavy cannon Bortasqu (a ship with a motherfucking turn rate of 5) who claimed he could beat anyone in a one-on-one, and someone else in a wonderful beamscort Guramba. For those not in the know, a Bortasqu is a gigantic fat space whale with a horrible turn rate, and cannons have the smallest firing arc - he literally would not have been able to hit anything with that ship. Putting beams on a Guramba - a fast, nimble ship - is also a terrible idea game-wise, so these people we were fighting were not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed.

In contrast, the goon PVP team practices regularly for exactly these occasions, and is pretty loving good.

Gunney and friends proceeded to CHALLENGE US AGAIN, stating that if we managed to beat him with all these epic people in his team we must be hackers.

This is where things got really, really good:

For context, here, Gunney did 97 damage. That is less damage than a single shot from a heavy cannon. Gunney literally did gently caress-all.

Gunney and co. proceeded to call us cyber-criminals of the highest order, in what can only be described as a total loving meltdown:

uhm dude im runnig a special program to spot hackers why are your ships spikin it

were reporting you for unauthorized content, hacking, harrassment and several other cyber crimes

this will likely be the subject of a criminal investigation

I have no doubt in my mind that the CIA will be picking you up as criminals

You "Winners/Non-hackers" are also "Trollers who dictate and say that we dont hack"

Oats will come in and post the rest of the stuff we missed in this post, but - yeah.

:siren: the CIA will be picking you up as criminals :siren:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

32. Post #272
    September 2009
    7,071 Posts
    I wonder how many folks actually believe that hacking in video games causes the CIA or FBI or police to bust your ass? Mostly the kiddies, but still, it's fucking hilarious to see people get their ass kicked (or even see legitimate hacks) and suddenly go, "IM GONNA BAN Y OU FROM StEAM" or "I JUS CALED THE POLICE, HACKER"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    my ddad works fur stesam ul be baned

Edited:

On a side note, anyone who doesn't read the SA griefing thread should. It's literally golden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #274
    November 2010
    5,192 Posts
    my dadd is the army! u better stop aimbotting

35. Post #275
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,212 Posts
    A griefing thread without phoon? Unacceptable.

Why is there a half a second lag between when he actually aims at them and when his gun fires
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #276
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,304 Posts
    Oh god this is amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

37. Post #277
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,920 Posts
    Oh god this is amazing.
    IPv6 lawyers don't mess around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #278
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts

Cuban Pete isn't a "what" it's a "who". Cuban Pete was named Roshan, and he was a big griefer. I don't remember if he *actually* said lines from the song, but he DID make massive bombs before the bomb cap was put in. (And it was put in because of him.)

He was never permabanned, he just left because he got bored of SS13, and reportedly one of his last actions before leaving was he unloaded a whole box of flashbangs on a group of people outside of security.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    682 Posts
    Why is there a half a second lag between when he actually aims at them and when his gun fires
    It's just some delay because he was recording the demo, not the actual gameplay. And he couldn't have hacked/scripted because he was on ESEA.

40. Post #280
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,125 Posts
    We should do this.
    that counter terrorist must've shat his pants.
    come on, you walk around a corner and BAM! theres six terrorists piled up ontop of eachother and shred you with automatic weapons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)