1. Post #1
    I'm a huge egoistic idiot and I like ugly girls. My favourite thread is "would you fuck the above user's avatar?" because I can't make normal posts because I'm mentally handicapped. Also I am in love with the slut called lyro95 pls add her on steam.
    December 2011
    91 Posts
    Pretty much in the name. I'd like to know about your opinions on improving Garry's Mod to be more enjoyable and/or better.

One of my ideas is that you can use a custom player model in any server without that server having to download the model in order for you to use it instead of appearing as a Kleiner model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2010
    1,402 Posts
    The custom player model thing isn't a bad idea, the person should have an option to enable or disable the ability to upload player models onto the server though. And the hoster should have this option to allow people do it too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2012
    165 Posts
    Environmental "wind," occasionally blows light props around, I don't know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4

May 2012
    5 Posts
    Really Really Really big maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    PINE
    September 2011
    3,366 Posts
    Really Really Really big maps
    For that you'd have to re write the source code entirely. Then you got other people running older hardware that yeah may run well on small maps like gm_flatgrass but may not run nicely on maps x20 bigger than construct or flatgrass. Plus I doubt you'd need a really big map. Not to mention the prop limit before source crashes and your hardware. It's yes probably possible but not needed and it just creates more lag and it could yes be built into the updated version or beta 13. (see GMod 13 beta and wait to see if there are map improvements)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,127 Posts
    Environmental "wind," occasionally blows light props around, I don't know.
    That's down to the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2008
    1,316 Posts
    That's down to the map.
    Entity.SetVelocity

8. Post #8
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,090 Posts
    Pretty much in the name. I'd like to know about your opinions on improving Garry's Mod to be more enjoyable and/or better.

One of my ideas is that you can use a custom player model in any server without that server having to download the model in order for you to use it instead of appearing as a Kleiner model.
    That's not going to happen though. People will just abuse it by uploading nude alyx models. And even then, only if it was possible. You would have to refresh the VFS I'm guessing, and then all the other clients would have to download the model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    LUA? is that some kind of vegetable?
    July 2010
    508 Posts
    A tool wich allows you to control an NPC's bones to make a certain animation, wich you can save, (i know HAT already sort of does that, but i always found it kinda advanced)

10. Post #10
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    In my opinion, Garry should add the most popular stools that are used in building. Examples, Smartsnap, Easyprecision, Nocollide Multi, Smart weld, Stacker tool, Keypad, etc etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    Deal with it
    January 2012
    402 Posts
    In my opinion, Garry should add the most popular stools that are used in building. Examples, Smartsnap, Easyprecision, Nocollide Multi, Smart weld, Stacker tool, Keypad, etc etc

Yeah.

Maybe for totally new people descriptions for certain tools(correct me if they exist, I don't pay attention to that)