1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    14,044 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 33Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,773 Posts
    That's an awfully pessimistic title for ShackNews.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 97Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,344 Posts
    I'm still praying that this turns out good.

Pleeeaaasseeee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 20Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,359 Posts
    That's an awfully pessimistic title for ShackNews.
    I don't think I've ever seen them this blunt before about their negative opinions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 70 (list)

5. Post #5
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,537 Posts
    Oh hey, a Ayleid doorframe thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    isn't this supposed to have WoW style gameplay instead of elder scrolls style gameplay

no thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 52 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,956 Posts
    Ehh, no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,856 Posts
    Man, They didn't even make it to release before disappointing everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 8 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2007
    463 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not going to pay for another WoW clone. The Elder Scrolls doesn't have an interesting enough story to keep me interested. The combat, immersiveness and freeroam in the Elder Scrolls games is what made the series good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,893 Posts
    I'm still praying that this turns out good.

Pleeeaaasseeee.
    its a mmo are you honestly expecting something good of it

it will be a watered down piece of shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,310 Posts
    Goddamnit, if they screw this thing up badly...

It will be interesting to be able to walk all around of Tamriel though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    617 Posts
    This can be really good if done right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Azerbaijan Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,113 Posts
    its a mmo are you honestly expecting something good of it

it will be a watered down piece of shit
    Well, Guild Wars 2 looks good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,673 Posts
    RPS has a great interview about this.
    From what I've seen, this doesn't look any good at all.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,359 Posts
    I'm excited for it too after the beta but I swear this is said in every MMO-related thread.
    I've even been seeing it in non-MMO threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,263 Posts
    This can be really good if done right
    And everything we know about it shows us they are NOT doing it right.

Edited:

Guild Wars 2 IS good, I played it for a little while when my brother got into the beta, and it is fucking awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,359 Posts
    And everything we know about it shows us they are NOT doing it right.

Edited:

Guild Wars 2 IS good, I played it for a little while when my brother got into the beta, and it is fucking awesome.
    Yeah I was very conflicted during the betas.
    On one hand I was really addicted to it but on the other, I didn't want to play too much and spoil stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2010
    3,938 Posts
    All i wanted was Skyrim style gameplay with coop.........and instead i get this shite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 37 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    976 Posts
    This really isn't a big surprise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    2,432 Posts
    It doesn't look that bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,386 Posts
    I totally saw this coming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,891 Posts
    It doesn't look that bad.
    it doesn't look that good either. just another generic fantasy mmo.

23. Post #23
    Best thing about this game is that maybe elves won't look buttfuck ugly anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts

can i yell like a retard after killing 10 people in one spot

goty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 27 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,598 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,264 Posts
    I feel like this game is gonna be crazy boring. There's even only 6 ability slots.

Edited:

which includes your primary and alternate weapon attack

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,784 Posts
    Best thing about this game is that maybe elves won't look buttfuck ugly anymore
    That's half of what makes Elder Scrolls good to me. I hate it when Elves are just the sexy characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,586 Posts
    Guild Wars isn't the same though...

You don't have to pay to play (other than the initial purchase) and that's why conventional MMOs have so much riding on them. You have to make an AMAZING game to make people pay $15 a month to keep playing.

When you have an MMO-like game that isn't quite persistent MMO outside of towns then it isn't as big a deal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,347 Posts

You don't have to pay to play (other than the initial purchase) and that's why conventional MMOs have so much riding on them. You have to make an AMAZING game to make people pay $15 a month to keep playing.

When you have an MMO-like game that isn't quite persistent MMO outside of towns then it isn't as big a deal.
    But, Guild Wars 2 is persistent from what I've heard. There was a viddoc about how paying monthly is now ridiculous.

30. Post #30
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,419 Posts

"LOOK AT MY DICK!
    LOOOK AT MY DIIIICK!!!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    5,446 Posts
    Holy shit, this is a travesty... the guy in the interview is like a typecast businessman, he can't come up with one solid satisfying answer on why the game is any good, it just reeks of "well fuck, this game is screwed".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Holy shit, this is a travesty... the guy in the interview is like a typecast businessman, he can't come up with one solid satisfying answer on why the game is any good, it just reeks of "well fuck, this game is screwed".
    "This game, it's awesome"
    You know a game is disaster when that's all you hear in an interview.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,390 Posts
    How can you call it elder scrolls if you don't have the option for first person combat?

That's one of the things that makes the series so unique. If the next regular game was third-person only I probably wouldn't buy it, and I certainly won't be playing this if it's just WoW in Tamriel.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,800 Posts

I think you're thinking about Guild Wars 1. You aren't on your own when outside towns unless grouped like in Guild Wars 1, It's a full on MMO now basically.

35. Post #35
    November 2008
    445 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not going to pay for another WoW clone. The Elder Scrolls doesn't have an interesting enough story to keep me interested. The combat, immersiveness and freeroam in the Elder Scrolls games is what made the series good.
    The combat
    You mean the, hit shit until it's dead combat? Nothing good to see here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    It will obviously bomb, because "Fun MMORPG" is an oxymoron.

Edited:

At least until developers realize that copying WoW will not achieve anything but knowing the industry and how much money required to make an MMORPG, it will probably never happen.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,169 Posts
    DDO had some pretty fun combat. You actually click every time you want to attack, and you could move around while doing it and dodge.

Too bad nobody picked up on that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    5,459 Posts
    The only way this will be a huge success is if they stick to the typical TES gameplay. With the first person and third person views, and the various weapons and spells you can put into both hands. If they have that, they have my money.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,598 Posts
    The only way this will be a huge success is if they stick to the typical TES gameplay. With the first person and third person views, and the various weapons and spells you can put into both hands. If they have that, they have my money.
    It won't. They have already said multiple times that it won't.

The game has been in development loooong before Skyrim and it isn't even made by the same company. They've already stated that it will be a traditional third-person hotkey based MMO such as World of Warcraft.

As you can see by the pictures, it has nothing to do with TES.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    5,459 Posts
    At this point it just sounds like a hyped up ripoff of diablo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)