1. Post #41
    July 2011
    5,966 Posts
    So its a generic MMO with the elder scrolls slapped on the front.

Yeah no there are f2p games better than this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

2. Post #42
    December 2011
    917 Posts
    I knew this would be shit from day 1.

I just plan to completely ignore this game upon release and pretend it never happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,184 Posts
    At this point it just sounds like a hyped up ripoff of diablo
    If anything Diablo ripped off the elder scrolls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,301 Posts
    If anything Diablo ripped off the elder scrolls.
    how in the fuck did either of them rip eachother off
    one is a genre defining arpg
    the other is a genre defining wrpg

and tes online is a pile of dog shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,324 Posts
    It will be interesting to be able to walk all around of Tamriel though.
    That's pretty much why I want to give it a try, to see the places not seen in the other Elder Scrolls games.

6. Post #46
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    It will be interesting to be able to walk all around of Tamriel though.
    Daggerfall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,301 Posts
    Daggerfall.
    and look good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    and look good
    "I'd rather eat this bowl of shit because it's sprinkled with sugar."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,301 Posts
    "I'd rather eat this bowl of shit because it's sprinkled with sugar."
    are you implying that a traversable map of tamriel in the skyrim/newer than skyrim engine wouldn't be good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    are you implying that a traversable map of tamriel in the skyrim/newer than skyrim engine wouldn't be good?
    I'm saying that playing a shit game that does X thing, instead of playing a good game that does X thing, just because the former has better graphics, is retarded, dumb, stimulates game industry in the wrong direction and everyone who does that should be ashamed of himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,744 Posts
    Shacknews is such a shambolic news site.

12. Post #52
    C47
    January 2010
    968 Posts
    Hmm didnt know the online version was in development for 5 years...

I thought it was just announced a couple of months back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Arab Emirates Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,897 Posts
    Hmm didnt know the online version was in development for 5 years...

I thought it was just announced a couple of months back.
    "Announced" does not equal "Look guys, we just started making it!"

14. Post #54
    Shame TESO is neither. Heroengine is fairly slow and the game itself doesn't look very TESy.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,301 Posts
    Shame TESO is neither. Heroengine is fairly slow and the game itself doesn't look very TESy.
    but it sure as hell looks better than daggerfall from a technical standpoint, even if daggerfall is a better game

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,516 Posts
    25-player dungeons where players can utilize a real-time combat system.
    Does that mean it'll be more similar to TES, or is it simply saying that it's not turn-based?
    Also, shacknews isn't saying that they think the game's terrible, they were just saying that they were disappointed in the lack of content that Zenimax showcased.

17. Post #57
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Does that mean it'll be more similar to TES, or is it simply saying that it's not turn-based?
    It's real-time in the same sense as WoW, as in, you get to press buttons but not much else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,329 Posts
    This is pretty pathetic honestly. Considering what they could've done by just adding multiplayer to Skyrim, even just like small 4 person multiplayer, would've been amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #59
    August 2011
    2,661 Posts
    Does anyone know why nobody make "sandbox" MMOs? It would sell well. I mean, EVE has still a shitload of players (enough for the devs to still earn money while making only free updates) but every WoW-clone is basically failing. How can game developers think that doing this kind of generic fantasy shit is a good idea?

In my mind, the only purpose of playing an MMO would be that everyone does what they want, not just dumb quests in coop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,329 Posts
    They used to. SWG is a perfect example of a good sandbox MMO, shame it's gone now. Theme park MMOs (WoW clones) are really boring to me. I think GW2 is going to be somewhat sandbox though, which is promising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    October 2008
    1,992 Posts
    They used to. SWG is a perfect example of a good sandbox MMO, shame it's gone now. Theme park MMOs (WoW clones) are really boring to me. I think GW2 is going to be somewhat sandbox though, which is promising.
    SWG had specific places dubbed "themeparks", like the quest chain in Jabbas palace that slowly let you work your way up the palace interiors and eventually work for Jabba himself. In my opinion, that's as themepark as any MMO needed to be -- a side attraction on the road, much like an actual themepark.

22. Post #62
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    This new WoW expansion is looking great!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,563 Posts
    DDO had some pretty fun combat. You actually click every time you want to attack, and you could move around while doing it and dodge.

Too bad nobody picked up on that.
    It would have been awesome if you could actually dodge melee attacks as well.

Daggerfall.
    Uhm, no, it was Arena that had the entirety of Tamriel, not Daggerfall.

24. Post #64
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Uhm, no, it was Arena that had the entirety of Tamriel, not Daggerfall.
    Shit, you're right, I fucked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,777 Posts
    Why.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,107 Posts
    I'm still praying that this turns out good.

Pleeeaaasseeee.
    I hope it fails horribly so that they realize it's a fucking stupid idea and instead implement a co-op for their future fallout / elder scrolls title and add co-op to the previous titles aswell.

But they won't.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,620 Posts
    Why not just make a game like skyrim but with a co op.

I'd buy that day one.

28. Post #68

May 2006
    8,914 Posts
    The one thing I'm worried about is if this flops and ends up bringing the rest of the TES series down with it.

29. Post #69
    November 2010
    5,037 Posts
    Why not just make a game like skyrim but with a co op.

I'd buy that day one.
    Yeah. Although the team making this isn't Bethesda, Skyrim would have sold a shit ton more if that team of 250 was spent making a better engine that could stably support coop.

Instead we get a WoW clone.

Edited:

The one thing I'm worried about is if this flops and ends up bringing the rest of the TES series down with it.
    Bethesda isn't making this, so all anyone can do is get mad at Zenimax Online.

30. Post #70
    February 2010
    6,732 Posts
    Shacknews is such a shambolic news site.
    Step 1. Get
    Step 2. Over
    Step 3. It
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,687 Posts
    Step 1. Get
    Step 2. Over
    Step 3. It
    I sort of got stuck at "Over" I'm not exactly sure what you mean

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,892 Posts
    Just another mmo with chars that looks cartoonish.
    Jesus.

33. Post #73
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    That is something we need to change.” But a lot of people see the action bar and see it as something that’s bad, because they picture rotation’s going off – you know, these long chains they set up – as opposed to what we really tried to do with it, which is, you can’t pause combat during an online game.

Its bad because its just a reskin of every other mmo...

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    That corpse sure looks disappointed.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

35. Post #75
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    That dead guys face expression is exactly how I feel about this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,329 Posts
    That dead guys face expression is exactly how I feel about this game.
    This statement should be on the back of the box.

37. Post #77
    I sort of got stuck at "Over" I'm not exactly sure what you mean
    You need to go back to step 1 because you obviously didn't get it

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,765 Posts
    That's an awfully pessimistic title for ShackNews.
    Doing them a favour, I think.. The less hype this game gets the "better" it will turn out to be; it's still going to be shit, though.