1. Post #801
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    17,972 Posts
    Looks too strange with floaty hands
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #802
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,609 Posts
    oh I thought it was just some weird animation WIP thing I get it now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events

3. Post #803
    March 2010
    634 Posts
    Looks too strange with floaty hands

It's a reference to worms 3d and I already made animations with the soldiers arms. I also didn't bother creating the actual hands of the worms, it's still the soldier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #804
    January 2006
    17,972 Posts
    Yep, I noticed. Looks weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

5. Post #805
    July 2011
    570 Posts
    I think it needs to be more rounded at the base so it doesn't just look like his hands have been chopped off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

6. Post #806
    January 2006
    17,972 Posts
    Update to my pilot mask. Texture feels like it needs more contrast.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

7. Post #807
    June 2011
    1,115 Posts

Default Red and Blue colors, with showing of Mann Co Orange

In-game with a particle system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #808
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,293 Posts
    Update to my pilot mask. Texture feels like it needs more contrast.

I think the ring around the lenses needs to be pulled in a tad and I dont like the red of the lenses in comparision to the green of the main part of the head, perhaps try and use the idea blah had for the default pyro head and give the lens an env mask? i.e.:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #809
    January 2006
    17,972 Posts
    Well firstly it's not green it's grey so I'll desaturate that a bit. I won't add an envmap as that would require an envmapmask which seems like overkill considering it already has an extra selfillumask for that little lightbulb, plus envmaps look bad. By pulled in do you mean made thinner (more like the Pyro's original eyes) or made thicker? The latter isn't really possible without making the Sight for Sore Eyes look strange and I'd prefer not to do the former as I'm trying to differentiate the eyes from the usual ones on purpose.

10. Post #810
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,293 Posts
    i meant like this way:

11. Post #811
    January 2006
    17,972 Posts
    Ah good point they are considerably thicker than the original Pyros, I'll sort that. Any idea what would be a better colour for the lenses than that dark red? I quite liked the colour variation it added to the rather monochrome tones. The original Pyro eyes are that colour too btw so putting that shade of red next to the also sampled greyish green of the mask isn't that unusual.

12. Post #812
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,609 Posts
    Well firstly it's not green it's grey so I'll desaturate that a bit. I won't add an envmap as that would require an envmapmask which seems like overkill considering it already has an extra selfillumask for that little lightbulb, plus envmaps look bad.
    Could always make the lenses a separate material
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events

13. Post #813
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    Now thanks to 01271, better art!

(anyone can model this, just give 01271 and myself some % to get a self made)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 3 (list)

14. Post #814
    May 2011
    1,374 Posts
    This is literally the best thing I have seen all day.
    Good for you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

15. Post #815
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    too bad neither 01271 or I are modelers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #816
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    4,698 Posts
    Has a mod been made for this full set? I saw the Gael/Bristles in a past emporium.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ails/?id=16180
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

17. Post #817
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,966 Posts
    I remember Ronin saying he was going to get Psyke to make a release, and then nothing happened.

Unless I'm thinking of another one of their sets?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #818
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    I remember Ronin saying he was going to get Psyke to make a release, and then nothing happened.

Unless I'm thinking of another one of their sets?
    I think that describes nearly every one of Ronin and Psyke's sets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #819
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    946 Posts
    I think that describes nearly every one of Ronin and Psyke's sets.
    And all of mine and sparkwire's items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #820
    June 2011
    1,115 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #821
    January 2006
    17,972 Posts
    And all of mine and sparkwire's items.
    Psyke packs your items?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 5 (list)

22. Post #822
    July 2011
    1,401 Posts

Wouldn't it make more sense to base this stuff on oldschool anime like Astro Boy or Speed Racer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #823
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    The theme of the set is "Bad Cosplay"
    When theming the set, I tried to make it so it wasn't strictly to one type of anime, that it was generic enough that it was more "Scout got invited by a cute girl to go to comicon what does he wear, right now!" rather than "scout is a moron dressing up as a poor man's cloud"

Scout even has a badly made cosplay version of his own scattergun, and hand drawn ninja stars made of out pieces of cardboard. He's not seriously trying to represent anime, this sort of "what would scout wear to comicon in an instant."

24. Post #824
    July 2011
    1,401 Posts
    Did conventions like that even exist in the 60's? Seems like newer stuff to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #825
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,380 Posts
    Wouldn't it make more sense to base this stuff on oldschool anime like Astro Boy or Speed Racer?
    I would love if scout shot bullets out of his ass like astroboy does

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #826
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    Did conventions like that even exist in the 60's? Seems like newer stuff to me.
    ComicCons have been held since the early 1970s. Even earlier, Sci-Fi book conventions date the 30s.
    People have worn costumes at these conventions since the 40s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

27. Post #827
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,709 Posts

might give a try at the cardboard stuff, not sure how I'd do with the bottle.
    I got 2 summer jobs so it's gonna be hard to find time to work on this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #828
    My waifu is the Scout.
    January 2012
    2,321 Posts

Oh man, i want to see this done so bad~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

29. Post #829
    December 2010
    16,896 Posts
    Here's some anime Scout could have potentially had access to
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1970s_anime
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1960s_anime
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1950s_anime

Edited:

Basically this idea came about through a discussion on anime and how if someone made an anime inspired item the entire workshop would knock over tables and whine at each other. These are anime inspired, but other than the eyes, are more leaning towards cheap costume at a lame 70s sci-fi convention, rather than a 5000 dollar Final Fantasy costume at Comicon 2012.

30. Post #830
    January 2010
    3,145 Posts
    The theme of the set is "Bad Cosplay"
    When theming the set, I tried to make it so it wasn't strictly to one type of anime, that it was generic enough that it was more "Scout got invited by a cute girl to go to comicon what does he wear, right now!" rather than "scout is a moron dressing up as a poor man's cloud"

Scout even has a badly made cosplay version of his own scattergun, and hand drawn ninja stars made of out pieces of cardboard. He's not seriously trying to represent anime, this sort of "what would scout wear to comicon in an instant."

Almost forgot about this one. Pixelated Animu Scout with Buster-Key-Zipper-Sandman folded over 30,000 times with belts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #831
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    12,451 Posts
    Belts and Zippers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

32. Post #832
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,380 Posts
    Here's some anime Scout could have potentially had access to
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1970s_anime
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1960s_anime
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1950s_anime

Edited:

Basically this idea came about through a discussion on anime and how if someone made an anime inspired item the entire workshop would knock over tables and whine at each other. These are anime inspired, but other than the eyes, are more leaning towards cheap costume at a lame 70s sci-fi convention, rather than a 5000 dollar Final Fantasy costume at Comicon 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_X

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #833
    July 2011
    1,401 Posts

Seems like something Sparkwire would do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 8Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #834
    January 2012
    245 Posts
    reminds me of toy story when buzz lightyear is strapped to that rocket.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #835
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    1,950 Posts

I still need to finish (read:Redo) my astroboy hair for scout.

36. Post #836
    July 2011
    3,276 Posts
    When this is done it totally needs a video of it taken from a fixed camera view in slomo and low-grav of the Pyro jumping up out of view
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #837
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    1,950 Posts
    When this is done it totally needs a video of it taken from a fixed camera view in slomo and low-grav of the Pyro jumping up out of view
    That would be awesome.

I agree with this idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #838
    April 2011
    315 Posts
    I love this set, but I don't have ANY of the hats that the Cotton Head replaces. :(

Can you perhaps make it also replace the Flamboyant Flamenco or Pyromancer's Mask?

39. Post #839
    March 2012
    909 Posts
    I just hexed it for the flamenco, I'll edit a download link into this post.

Here ya go

I am now a contributing member of this community.

Sorry I took so long, I'm new to dropbox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

40. Post #840
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts

And the way more messy and informative version:

http://i.cubeupload.com/ikuqX0.png

I think I posted this about 4 months ago with little result vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8 (list)