1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,287 Posts
    Mind if I brainstorm some dumb parody titles?

To Gib a Mockingbird
    War and Setup
    The Art of Punching People Until They Explode, by Sun Tzu
    Poor and Irish in Paris and London
    2009 - A Hat Odyssey
    Killa Sutra
    Book of Thoth
    Conagher; or, The Maddened Prometheus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Late Late x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    Of men and doves
    Huh, how could I forget that one? I'd say 'Of Maggots and Men', though.

Am I a pedant for restricting myself to books from 1969 or earlier? I know that Valve has pretty much stopped giving a shit about the setting, but still.. Stuff like 'Rocket Jumping for Dummies' would just feel wrong.

The Adventures of Sig Sawyer
    Animal Zoo
    The Grapes of Mmmph
    Robinson Cruisemissile
    Stranger in a Bad Land
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    I don't want this
    I NEED THIS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,210 Posts
    I don't want this
    I NEED THIS
    I believe there was also a similar one for the demo, where he threw Worms grenades from his hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    I think the red texture is nearly finished now:

Surprisingly there's only minor clipping with some hats, exept for the berliners bucket helm and the planeswalker helm which it clips majorly with for obvious reasons.
    I'm going to give the pyro version a much different colourscheme to avoid people getting pyros and medics confused, though i don't think it will be much of a problem as usually medics mostly pale cream or light blue while pyro's mostly teamcoloured.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,310 Posts
    I think the red texture is nearly finished now:

Surprisingly there's only minor clipping with some hats, exept for the berliners bucket helm and the planeswalker helm which it clips majorly with for obvious reasons.
    I'm going to give the pyro version a much different colourscheme to avoid people getting pyros and medics confused, though i don't think it will be much of a problem as usually medics mostly pale cream or light blue while pyro's mostly teamcoloured.
    the wear on the metal looks to be in all the wrong places and it's too sharp imo, maybe it's because the red is very saturated it stand out more than it should.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    I might be a Vampire Queen
    July 2009
    1,707 Posts
    Mind if I brainstorm some dumb parody titles?

To Gib a Mockingbird
    War and Setup
    The Art of Punching People Until They Explode, by Sun Tzu
    Poor and Irish in Paris and London
    Dancing With Eternity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Late Late x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    the wear on the metal looks to be in all the wrong places and it's too sharp imo, maybe it's because the red is very saturated it stand out more than it should.
    Theres only one area where the paints been worn. the parts on the filter is where medic stopped painting because of the indentation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,310 Posts
    Theres only one area where the paints been worn. the parts on the filter is where medic stopped painting because of the indentation.
    Well for anyone who doesn't know your little 'Medic paints his own gasmasks' story, which will be everyone, it's wear and makes no sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    Well for anyone who doesn't know your little 'Medic paints his own gasmasks' story, which will be everyone, it's wear and makes no sense

This any better?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,319 Posts
    Why not simply a metal colour instead of red?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    September 2009
    2,248 Posts
    2009 - A Hat Odyssey
    Killa Sutra
    Book of Thoth
    Conagher; or, The Maddened Prometheus
    The War of Art

HAS to be in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    Why not simply a metal colour instead of red?
    Because i want to sue colours from medics colourscheme on the medic version, his trouser colour for the rubber and value of teamwork for the filter parts, then use colours form pyros colourscheme on the pyro version to make the colours fit both classes while making them different from each other, so the pyro version will have a simple metal colour for the filter as thats what pyro has on his base mask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    March 2010
    634 Posts
    What view model fov is generally used by people? 54(default) or 70(Highest in the options)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    BY
    January 2012
    267 Posts
    Because i want to sue colours from medics colourscheme on the medic version, his trouser colour for the rubber and value of teamwork for the filter parts, then use colours form pyros colourscheme on the pyro version to make the colours fit both classes while making them different from each other, so the pyro version will have a simple metal colour for the filter as thats what pyro has on his base mask.
    Why not his lab coat colours for the filter?

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,630 Posts
    What view model fov is generally used by people? 54(default) or 70(Highest in the options)
    I use 90.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    March 2010
    634 Posts
    I use 90.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 7Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    My waifu is the Scout.
    January 2012
    2,324 Posts
    Well i tend to use 80. but sometimes i switch to 75.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    July 2009
    1,707 Posts

Help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Late Late x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    Not a furry.
    February 2012
    388 Posts
    Why not his lab coat colours for the filter?
    Becasue then it'd blend into his coat and not stand out at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts

How do you get those lines? Those seem kinda helpful to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    July 2009
    1,707 Posts
    How do you get those lines? Those seem kinda helpful to me
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/770...1#post34266077
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    March 2010
    634 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,011 Posts
    I think instead of a rocket, you should model a javelin with a rocket taped to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    July 2009
    1,707 Posts
    Do I have to have a custom hud installed?
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    March 2010
    634 Posts
    I think instead of a rocket, you should model a javelin with a rocket taped to it.
    It's a little late in the 2 years I spent making this O_o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    It's... beautiful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events

29. Post #109
    Friendliest person 2012.
    December 2011
    2,244 Posts
    Download anytime soon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    June 2011
    583 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Artistic Artistic x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    March 2010
    634 Posts
    Is that a problem? Can't fix it without changing the whole model. I don't think it's much of a problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,648 Posts

The fuck is this shit

Oh, that's the shit

Edited:

In case it's not clear enough - I updated the gasmask I made earlier and made it not clip like fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    Coverop, is there any real reason why you're rating everything late other than the delay in creating this thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Late Late x 3 (list)

34. Post #114
    October 2010
    1,537 Posts
    Is that a problem? Can't fix it without changing the whole model. I don't think it's much of a problem.
    If you replace a weapon that changes the class selection screen animations (like the Demoman's primary unlocks), then the idle animation will play instead of the special one.

I don't remember if any of the Soldier launchers don't play the animation, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,011 Posts
    The Original, Black Box and Direct Hit don't show the animation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    Reuploading the HUD Kalenji and I put together and put up in last emporium with a huge twist on the promo that we came up with. Hope it looks good and is acceptable into this fine emporium. Well, I've made 2 contributions to this emporium, and I think I will sit back and wait for more mods now.

Hope y'all like our new promo design. It stands out and is a bit more freestyle. The basis of it is "Less conformity, more uniqueness." Feel free to tell me what you think of the promo and give an "x out of 10" rating.

EDIT: Oh Peeps. Why do you have to hate on our creativity? I don't see the problem you guys have with us.
    I can't speak for the other guys, but I personally dislike this hud because completely abandons all semblance of the TF2 style, it clutters up the center of the screen just to free the less important peripheral parts, it's only made up of white text which makes it difficult to understand, and you're using one of the most unfitting items in TF2 as a promo image.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    March 2010
    634 Posts
    If you replace a weapon that changes the class selection screen animations (like the Demoman's primary unlocks), then the idle animation will play instead of the special one.

I don't remember if any of the Soldier launchers don't play the animation, though.
    I know, but I made new animations.

38. Post #118
    June 2011
    583 Posts
    I can't speak for the other guys, but I personally dislike this hud because completely abandons all semblance of the TF2 style, it clutters up the center of the screen just to free the less important peripheral parts, it's only made up of white text which makes it difficult to understand, and you're using one of the most unfitting items in TF2 as a promo image.
    Well, despite it not being a fitting image, we like it. Same goes for the HUD. If you want to know why the design is the way it is, ask Chippy, the creator of KNHUD. We based this primarily off of that. The other thing is that the nowhere along the line of making this did either Chippy or Kalenji and I ever intend for major semblance to the default HUD or Tf2 style in general. Style doesn't matter if it works for you. If it doesn't work for you, that is just fine by me. Thanks for giving constructive criticism though. If you don't like this HUD, I'm not forcing you to use it. I'm just putting it up in this emporium because I can. Use whatever HUD suits you.

Now, I personally prefer that this little argument end before it evolves into a flame war. If I post it in future emporiums, I have a list of people who I know don't like it. No need to tell me that you don't like it over and over again. Please and Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    I can't remember who was working on those improved kill-icons, but whoever it was, did you/they/he/she implent my idea for the reflected Sentry rockets icon in?

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,319 Posts
    It's Neo and he did do a version if I remember correctly, but he didnt implement them or added it to his library.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)