1. Post #1
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,095 Posts
    The washing machine in this house has a dedicated drain pipe that connects in after the trap for the laundry room sink. Every time you use a lot of water at once or you drain the washer the water will start coming up through the drain in the sink and slowly drain out again. I already cleaned the pipe from the washer to the trap and from the trap to the service opening that goes from the house to the sewer and it appears that between the house and the sewer there is a partial plug that's restricting water. I put a 25' drain snake down the service opening and I pulled up a bit of shit (literally) but it wasn't whatever is blocking the pipe. I can't fit a drain bladder in the pipe because it won't fit around the corner in the T-joint of the service opening and I'm optimistic any chemical cleaners will remove whatever is down there. I have already tried flushing the line with very hot water but that did not work either. Is it time to call in the pros?

2. Post #2
    April 2009
    1,321 Posts
    If the water seems to stop at the yard level - or somewhere between the house and the sewer, make sure your sink isn't back-washing any dirt looking stuff when the drain fills up. The worst thing is that a tree root has grown into the pipe and broken/clogged it. It happens from time to time, and means teh secton of ipe must be dug up and replaced. That bit of shit you puled back from the service clean-out could have likely been dirt or mulch. Did you try running other drains in the house while that drain was trying to empty? Does it cause any stoppage whtsoever?

3. Post #3
    August 2007
    1,295 Posts
    Go to the hardware store and buy caustic soda (also known as draino), should dissolve any blockages

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,574 Posts
    Simple, use the ants from your ant problem! Flush concentrated sugar water down the drain, and pour the ants you may have collected from your ant problem into the drain. They will follow the smell of sugar and eat away whatever it's blocking!

In all seriousness, Drano would be your last resort before you call in a pro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2011
    636 Posts
    Simple, use the ants from your ant problem! Flush concentrated sugar water down the drain, and pour the ants you may have collected from your ant problem into the drain. They will follow the smell of sugar and eat away whatever it's blocking!

In all seriousness, Drano would be your last resort before you call in a pro.

Are you serious? The ant thing actually works?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,574 Posts
    Are you serious? The ant thing actually works?
    No. :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2011
    636 Posts
    :( Aww...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)