1. Post #1
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,378 Posts
    Source
    Cevat Yerli said that, although Crytek isn't currently working on the highly acclaimed shooter series, he personally wishes the company would, although a retail release is out of the question.

"Look, I wish we were working on it. I will say that," he told CVG in Los Angeles last week.

"I think hopes are high, but change has to happen in the platform space. I'm very excited potentially about the idea of a TimeSplitters for G-Face.

"The thing with TimeSplitters is, if we made a sequel to TimeSplitters, nobody would accept this apart from some fans, and we don't know how big the fan community is unfortunately.

"And we don't want to design this as a packaged goods game that launches on a console, and even if we wanted to I don't think publishers would like the idea. That is the truth, and that was the truth even before we bought Free Radical."

Crytek acquired Free Radical, the Nottingham based developer of TimeSplitters, in February 2009. Since then the company has faced persistent requests to return to the franchise.

Former Free Radical MD Steve Ellis previously said he shopped around the idea of TimeSplitters 4 to publishers and "nobody was interested" - a fact Yerli backed up.

"The concept behind TimeSplitters was pitched around before we took over and Free Radical had no luck. We think even on CryEngine and with Crytek behind it there would be fundamental issues with the concept," he said.
    "However, TimeSplitters had one of the most fun multiplayer games ever, and G-Face is a social entertainment platform - it's about online gaming. I love the idea of a TimeSplitters for G-Face.
    "I love the idea, and I wish we'll work on it, but currently we are not working on it."

One potential avenue for getting the game off the ground is the crowdfund platform Kickstarter, but Yerli expressed concerns over whether it would be appropriate for such a large company to call on fan funding.
    "I've been asked this question internally and I said, 'how can we do a kickstarter? It wouldn't feel right.' I suppose if someone really, really wanted to...

"I guess the other issue is this; the reality also is we're quite a large company, but also we have capacity limits and we don't want to hire 15 people just to do this game. Kickstarter is a concept we thought about seriously... we'll see. Time will tell."
    Several Reddit threads demonstrating interest made it to the front page. I sent Cevat an email regarding that (he initially assumed it was an internal company email, heh). He later said that since the recent demand/interest is to "fragmented" across the internet, he wants people to Tweet him so he can "easily gauge it" He made a Twitter post below

https://twitter.com/RealtimeCevat/st...17185045123072

@RealtimeCevat

so yeah, tweet him or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Winner Winner x 57Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2008
    3,756 Posts
    It'll get made then they'll announce it being origin only and the usual bs and everybody will bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 51Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,874 Posts
    Tweet him about bringing back Timesplitters, you asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    This needs to happen! finally fans and gamers are waking up and rallying together to get this the attention it deserves. Now weve grabbed the president of Cryteks attention, this is the best chance were probably ever gonna get
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,611 Posts
    Answered him.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,789 Posts
    It'll get made then they'll announce it being origin only and the usual bs and everybody will bitch.
    Then add it to your tweet; you get to give out your opinion and promote the interest in this game, two birds with one stone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,242 Posts
    All what I need now is a Twitter account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,543 Posts
    I really couldn't give a fuck.

I require a sequel like nothing else.
    As long as they don't try to change it into another game, I don't care what they do with it honestly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,126 Posts
    I don't have twitter, and I'm guessing a lot of other TS fans don't either.But I really want for this game to finally see the light of day, especially in this climate of genera military shooters, the satire on them in a future TS would be really funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    All what I need now is a Twitter account.
    Make one and join the splitter uprising!

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,457 Posts
    Message him. NOW.

There's to many fucking cod-clones and it's all so serious. The timing for a new TS game couldn't be better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #12
    Hnng, I just want him to launch a Kickstarter! It'll succeed in less than 3 days, god damn it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,378 Posts
    Hnng, I just want him to launch a Kickstarter! It'll succeed in less than 3 days, god damn it!
    Basically concluding from what he said, he wants one but doesn't want the flak for it considering they have military contracts and own about a dozen studios globally, so he's hinting for the fans to do it. I personally wouldn't mind if they did it despite how rich they may be. The purpose is really to alleviate the costs since they seem to be so concerned it'd fail, also nothing else would grab publishers' interests more than fans funding the game itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #14
    Basically concluding from what he said, he wants one but doesn't want the flak for it considering they have military contracts and own about a dozen studios globally, so he's hinting for the fans to do it. I personally wouldn't mind if they did it despite how rich they may be. The purpose is really to alleviate the costs since they seem to be so concerned it'd fail, also nothing else would grab publishers' interests more than fans funding the game itself.

Kickstarter seems to be the absolute perfect solution, everybody wins. It would without a doubt be funded.
    It may even start a trend, which could be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    If the release it on Origin, I'd rather play it on my Playstation 2 like I've played every other timesplitters game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    July 2007
    69 Posts
    Just make the fucking game already!

Argh!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,543 Posts
    I don't have twitter, and I'm guessing a lot of other TS fans don't either.But I really want for this game to finally see the light of day, especially in this climate of genera military shooters, the satire on them in a future TS would be really funny.
    It's not hard to make one and quite frankly it's worth doing for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    Anyone that does not have a twitter, i suggest making one and tweeting him! we need to cluster fuck his page

Edited:

Also we need to get this to big gaming sites like gamespot, RPS, destructoid and gametrailers etc. It will get so much more publicity that way

19. Post #19
    May 2011
    1,572 Posts
    Just messaged him even though I haven't tried the TS franchise at all. Anything to help you guys out.

Gotta say though, I'm interested as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,397 Posts
    I sent a tweet, I've never played any Timesplitters game i but want to. I would still like to see a new one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    Just messaged him even though I haven't tried the TS franchise at all. Anything to help you guys out.

Gotta say though, I'm interested as well.
    Buy the games! you'll have brilliant fun, trust me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,644 Posts
    Tweeted him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    January 2008
    1,499 Posts
    Will make twitter just for this.

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is still my favorite shooter ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2009
    2,230 Posts
    Tweeted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,126 Posts
    Well i'm now on twatter and have gave him a tweet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    I wouldn't even mind a HD remake of TS2 with some cool new features, OR all of the games combined into one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    17,284 Posts
    i've neither played timesplitters or have a twitter account; i think i'll make one just to tweet anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,911 Posts
    Didnt Crytek say they where going to make free to play games only after Crysis 3?

Im not too sure about this, but i'll still tweet. (Hate Twitters layout)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    July 2008
    3,756 Posts
    Then add it to your tweet; you get to give out your opinion and promote the interest in this game, two birds with one stone.
    Why would use Twitter just to show support for a game I could care less about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,939 Posts
    Didnt Crytek say they where going to make free to play games only after Crysis 3?

Im not too sure about this, but i'll still tweet.
    F2P timesplitters. Imagine the bank they would make on selling those goofy skins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #31
    September 2009
    1,493 Posts
    Why would use Twitter just to show support for a game I could care less about?
    Then why are you bothering to post in a topic about this game you could care less about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    Then why are you bothering to post in a topic about this game you could care less about?
    Agreed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,158 Posts
    But didn't they say that excluding all of their currently announced projects, all new games made from Crytek will be Free 2 Play. Which means that Timesplitters 4 will be F2P?!

34. Post #34
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,792 Posts
    Make one and join the splitter uprising!
    Twittersplitters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,828 Posts
    Kickstarter seems to be the absolute perfect solution, everybody wins. It would without a doubt be funded.
    It may even start a trend, which could be awesome.
    In case you've been living under a rock, there already is a trend with kickstarter, to the point where its getting lots of flak. Aka, people who should not be doing kickstarters are starting them due to Double Fine's success - such as Carmageddon creators, who already have some funding but used Kickstarter to get some more - as beeing seen as an abuse by the system. Not to mention Numerous people putting up bogus Kickstarters to get money during "Kickstarter fever". And we're not even talking about the over-saturation of Kickstarter projects on the board - everyone is starting one for every kind of project you can imagine, making people who have already invested into several kickstarter projects to start being burned out. And we've not yet seen any results from Kickstarter either - once "funded" kickstarter projects start failing or running out of money, we're gonna see a LOT of resentment against crowdsource funding and the name "Kickstarter".

Granted if a company like Crytek did it, with a name like Timesplitters, it would probably go well, but it's kind of a moral grey area, considering Kickstarter is supposed to be used to FUND projects that otherwise can't get funding. Timesplitters 4 can easily get funding under Crytek and their publisher, the problem is they just don't trust the waters enough.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,911 Posts
    F2P timesplitters. Imagine the bank they would make on selling those goofy skins.
    That worries the fuck out of me.

37. Post #37
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    I doubt TS4 would be FTP, i think they would atleast have the brains to sell it retail.

Saying that, it took them this long and they still do not know how much of a TS fanbase there is.

38. Post #38
    January 2008
    6,516 Posts
    Tweeted

There should be a compromise, fans give cash via Kickstarted BUT for that, the game shouldn't be Origin only.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,939 Posts
    Every CoD thread in News Node/Sensationalist Headlines.

I doubt TS4 would be FTP, i think they would atleast have the brains to sell it retail.

Saying that, it took them this long and they still do not know how much of a TS fanbase there is.
    How does going retail show you have "brains" when the F2P model has been hugely successful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    Every CoD thread in News Node/Sensationalist Headlines.

How does going retail show you have "brains" when the F2P model has been hugely successful.
    You have a good point, i wouldn't actually mind buying some characters and maps every now and then certainly!

We need to get this to a site like gamespot, RPS, destructoid or IGN. The numbers of people replying right now is immense but it'd be great to smash it.