1. Post #81
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,146 Posts
    Do we have some sort of way of gauging how many retweets and replies the tweet has other than 50+ retweets and 50+ replies?
    https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%40Realtimecevat

2. Post #82
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,749 Posts
    I SEE MY TWEET!
    The one in the middle is me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,277 Posts
    There is atleast 1-3 tweets every 3-5 minutes. If this goes to the gaming sites we could see the same amount of tweets, but instead every 20-30 seconds

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    447 Posts
    Honestly Crytek isn't trustworthy with this ip.

They've made good games, but they just don't have the personality to do it.

Right now they're just as big tools as the guys from infinity ward, the publishers get too much say in it.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,632 Posts
    Honestly Crytek isn't trustworthy with this ip.

They've made good games, but they just don't have the personality to do it.

Right now they're just as big tools as the guys from infinity ward, the publishers get too much say in it.
    But this would essentially be Free Radical making it, no? Crytek bought them after all, why not use them to make their own game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    I didn't play the third game, but goddamn, the Timesplitters 2 was so much fun, playing with friends on Mexican Mission with virus mode on (it's like Infection on Halo only better) was great, I would DEFINITELY support a 4th game

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    It's had 233 retweets but it's not possible to view the number of replies. :(

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,043 Posts
    But this would essentially be Free Radical making it, no? Crytek bought them after all, why not use them to make their own game.
    Pretty sure a lot of the original members of Free Radical left.

I know Steve Ellis did.
    He started a new studio, Crash Lab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    447 Posts
    Pretty sure a lot of the original members of Free Radical left.

I know Steve Ellis did.
    He started a new studio, Crash Lab.
    What he said, it's a common thing now.

Companies get bought up, the bright minds leave the team because they don't agree with the games they make.

11. Post #91
    September 2010
    834 Posts
    I assume Doak was one of the lead designers of the series or something?

What is he doing now?

Yes, he helped with both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, then left Rare and started Free Radical. He was then fucked by the industry and left to do his own thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,277 Posts
    Saw an email somewhere on twitter but i have lost the link, Cevat replied to someone saying there will be a reply soon.

13. Post #93
    March 2012
    39 Posts
    i honestly don't trust Crytek with it
    I actually think if this does go under way they'll do a good job of it, I think that most of crytek's games are something different and I like that

14. Post #94
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BACON FETISH
    September 2008
    981 Posts
    I posted a reply.

I think DLC could be the worst thing to happen to this. I can imagine there being almost no characters and having to buy them in DLC packs. That would be terrible.

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,400 Posts
    I posted a reply.

I think DLC could be the worst thing to happen to this. I can imagine there being almost no characters and having to buy them in DLC packs. That would be terrible.
    I would not mind it if they kept all of the classic characters and some new ones in the stock game, but had a few nice character DLC packs for a good price, like what Killing Floor does.

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,043 Posts
    You know, actually, thinking about it more and more...

I really don't want Crytek to make this.
    It just wouldn't be the same without the original team working on it really.
    (A lot of the original developers from Free Radical left)

On top of that, while people do want a new Time Splitters, there's a huge chance that Crytek would ruin it.
    I really wouldn't want to see that. :(

Edited:

Really, at most, I'd want to see full remakes of TimeSplitters 2 and 3 (Future Perfect).

Because there really isn't a way for Crytek to screw up too badly when the story, characters, etc. were already established.

Edited:

Plus, take a look at what Crytek is doing with Crysis right now...

17. Post #97
    August 2009
    4,580 Posts
    I tweeted him. I've never played a Timesplitters before but own #2. This thread has persuaded me to put it in the 'ol PS2 for the first time tonight.

18. Post #98
    August 2007
    676 Posts
    I tweeted him. I've never played a Timesplitters before but own #2. This thread has persuaded me to put it in the 'ol PS2 for the first time tonight.
    Have a blast. The map editor is old but it's still a really good one too by the way, especially if you just make a maze with random teleporters and play infection. The mix of characters is nothing short of amazing. Arcade mode is hard at times but it's a blast.
    Actually probably one of the most perfect shooters. If they make another one I hope they don't fuck it up or intentionally leave out characters/the map editor just because they want to release DLC.