1. Post #1041
    June 2011
    8,370 Posts
    ROUND 2
    FIGHT!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1042
    May 2012
    243 Posts
    What's wrong with appealing to particular groups? games like gears of war is more aimed at the teenage / adolescent males while barby pony wonderland is aimed at young girls and Half-Life 2 and Metal Gear Solid are likable by most people male or female young or older
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #1043
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    I felt I needed to point it out because you're all acting like somehow it matters.
    we're not acting like anything. remember when i said this is a subject you don't know anything about? do you know who feministfrequency is? a feminist media critic. do you know what media critic theory is? the idea that mass media including video games influences social attitudes. that's the entire basis of the OP.

when i call you a toddler, you should take it as a hint.

Literally nothing would change if women wore an extra layer of clothing and weren't dumb as bricks in video games.
    uh

To claim it would "make the game" better is ridiculous as it cannot be proven
    so it can't be proven that would make the game better, but you are 100% sure it wouldn't change anything? it sure would change the minds of the thousands of people on the internet and outside of the internet who make this complaint about videogames.

Callin me a toddler? How mature of you, definitely won the argument because of that
    maturity has nothing to do with insults. maturity comes from how you formulate responses, and when you fail to understand the entire point behind the thread you're posting in, it tends to raise questions about who i am talking to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #1044
    November 2009
    1,962 Posts
    ROUND 27
    FIGHT!
    Fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #1045
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    What's wrong with appealing to particular groups?
    no-one's objecting to appealing to particular groups, it's just you don't have to do it at the price of having bad social attitudes towards women.

6. Post #1046
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Oh my god this thread is painful

You guys have literally been going at this for hours. Take a fucking break. Breathe. There are no winners in internet arguments.

(User was banned for this post ("Why reply?" - Starpluck))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

7. Post #1047
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,030 Posts
    everyone in metal gear solid is pretty damn sexy

even otacon

but the problem doesn't lie within the games themselves, it's the players(because industries have to pander to the crowds of teenage boys or they go bankrupt)

if i had a penny for every man/boy/teenager that white knighted or made a sexual slur against a woman/girl/teenager in a video game i'd be a very rich man, why can't they just be equals, why do you need to speak for a girl when she's being harassed let her speak for herself asshole(why does she need to be harassed in the first place for the fact that she is a woman go kill yourselves)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1048
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    I am sorry and don't take this as sarcastic remark, because I am entirely honest, I just don't know how to put this so it doesn't sound sarcastic.

What way would females fantasy themselves as if they were in charge?
    Fuck if I know. Human literature has had like ten thousand years to develop the idealistic fantasy of the male archetypes, and a good fifty-or-so years of relatively free expression for women in small pockets around the world.

Edited:

What's wrong with appealing to particular groups? games like gears of war is more aimed at the teenage / adolescent males while barby pony wonderland is aimed at young girls and Half-Life 2 and Metal Gear Solid are likable by most people male or female young or older
    Read the thread. You're repeating shit we've already been through. If you can't take the time to read the thread you shouldn't be arguing in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #1049
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts

You guys have literally been going at this for hours. Take a fucking break. Breathe. There are no winners in internet arguments.
    again, you do know how forum posting works right? it's not hard work, i type several words and since i type pretty quickly it doesn't take up any time.

if the thread is painful, then don't read and don't post. you're not particularly improving by repeating the same "helpful" comment others have already made.

10. Post #1050
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts

hey look at me im going to post on a forum to tell people that they're nerds for posting on a forum that i am posting on

woop dee dooooooooo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #1051
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,030 Posts
    barbie is at a very different end of the scale from gears of war

women have almost absolutely no representation in video games

12. Post #1052
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    barbie is at a very different end of the scale from gears of war

women have almost absolutely no representation in video games
    not to mention young girls don't play barby pony land because it's probably (emphasis on probably, maybe it's GOTY all years) a really shitty game.

i know my niece loved the shit out of GTA:SA when she was younger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #1053
    hey
    August 2006
    5,323 Posts

the point of any argument is to either reach a goal or at least accomplish something, such as getting a point across

14. Post #1054
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Sorry. I'll go.

I'd burn myself alive but I don't have any flammable liquids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #1055
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    not to mention young girls don't play barby pony land because it's probably (emphasis on probably, maybe it's GOTY all years) a really shitty game.

It's also pretty fucking ridiculous to expect grown-ass women to be cool with barbie horse adventures

16. Post #1056
    May 2012
    243 Posts
    Fuck if I know. Human literature has had like ten thousand years to develop the idealistic fantasy of the male archetypes, and a good fifty-or-so years of relatively free expression for women in small pockets around the world.

Edited:

Read the thread. You're repeating shit we've already been through. If you can't take the time to read the thread you shouldn't be arguing in it.
    But this is like the 1000th version of this thread its the same every time lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

17. Post #1057
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    But this is like the 1000th version of this thread its the same every time lol
    well then lol go post in one of the threads you took the time to read before you repeat shit a dozen people have already said

18. Post #1058
    January 2012
    1,751 Posts

I think that's one reason casual games are exploding the way they are. Women who typically don't approach video games because of the general design theme (woman are dumb, hot and whatnot), suddenly have an outlet for gaming that doesn't objectify them.

19. Post #1059
    May 2012
    243 Posts
    well then lol go post in one of the threads you took the time to read before you repeat shit a dozen people have already said
    hardly any women i know have any interest in video games and i never hear them complain about anything like what you guys are complaining about

I've never even seen such an issue raised outside of this forum tbh

20. Post #1060
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    hardly any women i know have any interest in video games and i never hear them complain about anything like what you guys are complaining about
    And just look at all the shits that I give about your little anecdote:

21. Post #1061
    May 2012
    243 Posts
    And just look at all the shits that I give about your little anecdote:
    lol ur weird

22. Post #1062
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts

i'm happy for you

23. Post #1063
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts

but how does this justify sexism in the vidya
    just cause an issue doesn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't exist or isn't worth fighting

Edited:

also what makes me lol is how anyone who attacks gays is mocked and despised but its a-ok to be casually sexist here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1064
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,372 Posts
    I like how they added skullgirls in this, the one designing the characters is a woman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #1065
    May 2012
    243 Posts
    but how does this justify sexism in the vidya
    just cause an issue doesn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't exist or isn't worth fighting

Edited:

also what makes me lol is how anyone who attacks gays is mocked and despised but its a-ok to be casually sexist here
    Well the thing is I never hear women discuss this, only the feminist facepunch gang (who are all males)

26. Post #1066
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,030 Posts
    Well the thing is I never hear women discuss this, only the feminist facepunch gang (who are all males)
    i don't hear of black people talking about how african dictator regimes are still in power doesn't mean it's not a good cause to fight for

27. Post #1067
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Last time I checked not wearing makeup and the absence of a tank top putting your tits on display =/= looking like an ape, unless you were specifically referring to the awkward arm positioning..

Remind me why it's a requirement that every woman needs to look like a model?
    Why does every man need to have a wide jaw and broad cheekbones????

People like to look at attractive things.

This is the same reason Brad Pitt will always get more recognition than steve buscemi even though Buscemi is the much more talented actor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

28. Post #1068
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    The video series the original article is about is by a woman lol.
    [spoiler]also please don't tell me you disapprove of men being for womens rights[/spoiler]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1069
    May 2012
    243 Posts
    i don't hear of black people talking about how african dictator regimes are still in power doesn't mean it's not a good cause to fight for
    you and i have never been to africa though, so of course not, but if you went to africa im sure they would there

is this topic more heated in certain countries or something?

30. Post #1070
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,028 Posts
    I don't really think very many men get offended by men in Gears of War being portrayed as strong and badass.
    I sure do. I don't like mountains of testosterone as characters. They don't seem to have any character depth whatsoever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #1071
    May 2012
    243 Posts
    Strange topic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #1072
    January 2012
    1,751 Posts
    This is another bad anecdote. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

33. Post #1073
    ADT
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,527 Posts
    jesus christ that thread is embarassing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #1074
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    I sure do. I don't like mountains of testosterone as characters. They don't seem to have any character depth whatsoever.
    then take it up with clifford, not with feminists.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

35. Post #1075
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,030 Posts
    you and i have never been to africa though, so of course not, but if you went to africa im sure they would there

is this topic more heated in certain countries or something?
    those women you're talking about probably don't even know about it because they don't play games (never been to africa)

but the ones there do care and if those women were there they would care too

36. Post #1076
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Well the thing is I never hear women discuss this
    yo dude the op
    you know the one the debate started about
    is a woman

37. Post #1077
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,037 Posts
    yo dude the op
    you know the one the debate started about
    is a woman
    "feminazis don't represent real women"

there now he doesn't have to reply
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8 (list)

38. Post #1078
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    they have pretend vaginas

39. Post #1079
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,038 Posts

I dunno man my little sister loves Strawberry Shortcake

Those jumping physics god damn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #1080
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    just in case anyone wants to feel a little ill:
    http://www.feministfrequency.com/201...ube/#more-2348