1. Post #1321
    Jesus you guys are loud. I don't want to read 30 pages of this, could someone summarize what has happened?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1322
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,106 Posts
    bayonetta taught me to fear women that are 65% legs and 5% heels.
    All the time I hear girls talking about how they like to look good and feel sexy but don't do it for the pleasure/approval of men.

And then we have heroine Bayonetta who looks good but doesn't take orders from men or sleep with a bunch of guys and instead kicks a ton of ass, and yet somehow this is still an overtly sexist portrayal of women.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1323
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Different people, different opinions. I read through most of this thread, and I have yet to change my view. And while I'm not offended by your language, you come off as an idiot. I mostly agree with you, but seriously just tone it down, it seems like you're unable to convey a message without writing fuck every other word. I mean, I can understand it in daily speech, but how can you look at your posts and think "this seems like a perfectly reasonable post, and I really hope that I'll enlighten someone".
    Tone argument.

No. If you're offended, that's your fucking problem, not mine.

"More people would listen to feminists if they acted like nice, quiet girls"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #1324
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,504 Posts
    Nobody gives a fuck what you think about the movie. Clearly a hundred thousand dollars worth of consideration disagrees with you.
    you obviously give a fuck, because you're attempting to generalize the opinions of the people in this thread in a couple witty all caps lines. I'm pointing out that you are wrong in your generalizations.

People can do whatever they want with their money and I support their right to do so. However criticising the cause for which money is being given is suddenly a taboo? Where were you when all of that kony donation crap was going on.

5. Post #1325
    June 2010
    4,376 Posts
    Jesus you guys are loud. I don't want to read 30 pages of this, could someone summarize what has happened?
    lankist started an argument about jennifer heplar for like 20 pages

it sucked

mostly just people either saying "this is a good idea" and "this is a bad idea" with both sides giving valid points, and then usually one or two complete psychos jump in and call everybody sexists or rapists because we refuse to support someone's project for valid reasons.

there was an argument in this thread for 10 more pages about why people rape, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #1326
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,057 Posts
    ITT:

"THERE IS NO PROBLEM, FEMNAZIS"

three hours later

"I NEVER SAID THERE WASN'T A PROBLEM, BUT MEN HAVE IT HARD TOO!"

three hours later

"YEAH THERE'S A PROBLEM BUT WHAT'S A MOVIE GOING TO SOLVE?"

three hours later

"YEAH THE MOVIE'S A GOOD IDEA BUT WHY DOES SHE NEED SO MUCH MONEY?"

Seriously, you people have your heads so fucking far up your own asses.

None of you have to donate to this film. Presumably, none of you did. You don't get to tell people what they can and cannot put their money toward. Deal with it.
    "We" are not one amorphous group and we don't have a collective opinion that has been changing. There's been lots of different people in this thread with a wide spectrum of opinions on the OP and yours is not special. You can have a negative stance towards this kickstarter project without being a misogynist/closeminded bum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #1327
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    I'm pointing out that you are wrong in your generalizations.
    I'm sorry but I've been here for the entire thread and watched you morons argue in continuous circles about how "men have it rough too" and then how a film is a dumb idea, followed by someone attempting to explain how misogyny is human nature and shouldn't be changed.

Please read the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #1328
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts
    obviously damsel in distress scenario oh noes.

but yeah totally agree, she's just one of many female characters   
    I didn't like her, mainly because I always thought of her as nothing more than an annoying plot device to add an additional pressure to the time limit and making exploring more stressful.

As for a damsel in distress I really liked for breaking the pattern,   Bandage Girl in Super Meat Boy was awesome as hell for turning around and going through the mindnumbingly hard cotton alley levels to save Meat Boy.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1329
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    "We" are not one amorphous group
    Hahaha yes you are.

You all say the exact same dumb things.

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #1330
    June 2010
    4,376 Posts
    I didn't like her, mainly because I always thought of her as nothing more than an annoying plot device to add an additional pressure to the time limit and making exploring more stressful.
    like real children basically
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #1331
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    lankist started an argument about jennifer heplar for like 20 pages

it sucked

mostly just people either saying "this is a good idea" and "this is a bad idea" with both sides giving valid points, and then usually one or two complete psychos jump in and call everybody sexists or rapists because we refuse to support someone's project for valid reasons.

there was an argument in this thread for 10 more pages about why people rape, too.
    Hey didn't you say you were done with this thread like four times?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #1332
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts
    like real children basically
    Children in general usually make games a lot less fun :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #1333
    June 2010
    4,376 Posts
    i just don't reply to lankist anymore. i just dumb rate, report, and move on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #1334
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,504 Posts
    I'm sorry but I've been here for the entire thread and watched you morons argue in continuous circles about how "men have it rough too" and then how a film is a dumb idea, followed by someone attempting to explain how misogyny is human nature and shouldn't be changed.

Please read the thread.
    Have I said any of that? I was pointing out how my opinions and views differed from what you were saying about me (and you were addressing all of us).

The only thing that I think is that yes, the film is a dumb idea.

15. Post #1335
    March 2011
    1,744 Posts
    Hahaha yes you are.

Thanks

Do you count Sanius in that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1336
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    i just don't reply to lankist anymore. i just dumb rate, report, and move on.
    Oh okay, you've been reporting me.

How's that been working for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #1337
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,416 Posts
    Tone argument.

No. If you're offended, that's your fucking problem, not mine.

"More people would listen to feminists if they acted like nice, quiet girls"
    Well sorry, but your "tone argument" comes off as being shit. And I personally don't see how the way in which feminists should convey a message relates to your vocabulary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #1338
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    The only thing that I think is that yes, the film is a dumb idea.
    And that's good for you.

Except nobody cares, and over a hundred thousand dollars disagrees with you, so that's a cool opinion you have I guess?

Edited:

Well sorry, but your "tone argument" comes off as being shit. And I personally don't see how the way in which feminists should convey a message relates to your vocabulary.
    Your argument is the tone argument.

It asserts that "you have a point but more people would understand if you weren't so mean about it."

It's bullshit. It's a round-about way of telling someone to shut up. It's like telling someone they say whatever you want as long as you don't offend anyone.

If you can't deal with someone saying fuck, then you can fucking leave. Whether or not your offended is of absolutely zero interest to me. I do not care. That's your problem, not mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #1339
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts
    And that's good for you.

Except nobody cares, and over a hundred thousand dollars disagrees with you, so that's a cool opinion you have I guess?
    If Jack and Jill made a lot of money from the people that payed money to see it, would you say that it was a good idea for a movie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1340
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,057 Posts
    Hahaha yes you are.

No. Each one of those opinions has come from completely different people, only receiving varying amounts of sympathy/antipathy from those standing by the others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #1341
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,504 Posts
    And that's good for you.

Except nobody cares I don't care, and over a hundred thousand dollars disagrees with you, so that's a cool opinion you have I guess?
    Well, I bet many share my opinion. Counter-raising cash would just be stupid, since we're against money being spent on something this trivial and isolated anyways.

In fact, showed this to some swedish girl today.

[10:42:32 AM] Trotskygrad: have you seen this?
    [10:42:36 AM] Trotskygrad: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...in-video-games
    [10:50:15 AM] Sarah: but it's pretty much the same with the guys lol
    [10:50:51 AM] Sarah: oh god, she is so annoying hahah
    [10:50:54 AM] Sarah: who cares?!
    [10:50:54 AM] Sarah: :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #1342
    Hahaha yes you are.

Good, because by that standard you are too, and your opinion is now the same thing you argue against.
    Why are you arguing against yourself?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #1343
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Well, I bet many share my opinion. Counter-raising cash would just be stupid, since we're against money being spent on something this trivial and isolated anyways.
    So cancel your luxury services and donate to charity.

Because if you think you have the goddamn right to tell people what they can and cannot do with their money, you better be doing something more useful with your money than bitching on the internet.

Edited:

Good, because by that standard you are too, and your opinion is now the same thing you argue against.
    Why are you arguing against yourself?
    Hey:

read the thread or leave.

Edited:

In fact, showed this to some swedish girl today.

[10:42:32 AM] Trotskygrad: have you seen this?
    [10:42:36 AM] Trotskygrad: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...in-video-games
    [10:50:15 AM] Sarah: but it's pretty much the same with the guys lol
    [10:50:51 AM] Sarah: oh god, she is so annoying hahah
    [10:50:54 AM] Sarah: who cares?!
    [10:50:54 AM] Sarah: :D
    That's a neat anecdote, and that totally destroys feminism because you likely made up a girl to disagree with it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1344
    June 2010
    4,376 Posts
    i think we can all agree here that nobody is telling anybody what to do with their money. instead we are discussing whether or not the money being donated is going towards a cause that will actually USE that money to its full potential.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #1345
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,504 Posts
    So cancel your luxury services and donate to charity.

Because if you think you have the goddamn right to tell people what they can and cannot do with their money, you better be doing something more useful with your money than bitching on the internet.

Edited:

Hey:

read the thread or leave.
    I'm not saying that, stop assuming that's what I'm saying. I'm just saying that this is a bad idea, in my opinion. I'm not telling people no, you can't donate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #1346
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,057 Posts
    And that's good for you.

Edited:

Your argument is the tone argument.

It asserts that "you have a point but more people would understand if you weren't so mean about it."

It's bullshit. It's a round-about way of telling someone to shut up. It's like telling someone they say whatever you want as long as you don't offend anyone.

If you can't deal with someone saying fuck, then you can fucking leave. Whether or not your offended is of absolutely zero interest to me. I do not care. That's your problem, not mine.
    Whether or not you come off as an idiot when debating should be relevant to your interest if you're the tiniest bit serious about your agenda. If giving the appearance of a shit-spewing twat doesn't phase you then don't act surprised when nobody takes your arguments seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1347
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    i think we can all agree here that nobody is telling anybody what to do with their money. instead we are discussing whether or not the money being donated is going towards a cause that will actually USE that money to its full potential.
    That's not your fucking place to decide. You don't get to politicize what people do with their own money.

That is, unless, you put your money where your fucking mouth is and donate every last spare cent that you have to charity.

Edited:

I'm just saying that this is a bad idea, in my opinion.
    That's cool.

Still happening, though. Literally nobody gives a shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1348
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,504 Posts
    That's a neat anecdote, and that totally destroys feminism because you likely made up a girl to disagree with it!
    you really are fucking thick aren't you?

my point is that us men in this thread aren't the only ones who don't think the video is a good idea. and no, PM me for contact details if you really think I made her up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #1349
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Whether or not you come off as an idiot when debating should be relevant to your interest if you're the tiniest bit serious about your agenda. If giving the appearance of a shit-spewing twat doesn't phase you then don't act surprised when nobody takes your arguments seriously.
    Please don't try to explain to me how rhetoric works, especially when all you know about it comes from Fox News rhetoric.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1350
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,504 Posts
    That's cool.

Still happening, though. Literally nobody gives a shit.
    If you don't give a shit why do you keep telling me that no one gives a shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #1351
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    you really are fucking thick aren't you?

my point is that us men in this thread aren't the only ones who don't think the video is a good idea. and no, PM me for contact details if you really think I made her up.
    That doesn't matter. That doesn't make it a non-issue. That doesn't make this a bad idea.

Hey, saying "a girl dislikes it therefore I'm right" is fucking sexism in and of itself. Quit using your friends as tools to win fucking internet arguments. It's shameful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1352
    June 2010
    4,376 Posts
    yeah you fucking sexist pig how dare you share an opinion with a woman

you're a fucking alpha male dog that steps on women's rights just like the rest of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1353
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,106 Posts
    Lankist the problem with you is that behind the one or two good points you make there are ten or twenty other Facepunchers in this thread who disagree with you and have valid points and instead of addressing them intelligently you argue semantics.

You do this because you have some kind of issue with addressing other people rationally, which is why you try to look smart by arguing semantics and giving definitions of things that don't need defining (you've given us the definition of "tone argument" at least 3 times now and it doesn't help your point).

You're on here screaming your opinion at us and then telling us that our opinions don't matter. Since $100k disagrees with us clearly we're all idiots according to you. I shouldn't have to tell you that by that logic Justin Bieber is one of the greatest musicians of his time and Transformers 3 was a cinema masterpiece.

So why don't you take a step back, calmly re-read the thread and then come back when you feel you can present your points in a calm and rational matter. Here we go, it's your favourite thing again, a TONE ARGUMENT. Seriously, go back and read your posts. I bet you have no idea how much of a condescending, semantics-arguing asshole you've come off as in spite of the high level of intelligence you clearly possess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

34. Post #1354
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,504 Posts
    Hey, saying "a girl dislikes it therefore I'm right" is fucking sexism in and of itself. Quit using your friends as tools to win fucking internet arguments. It's shameful.
    I'm not saying that, I'm just throwing in another person's opinion because you appear to make it seem like it's only the people who oppose it are in this thread.

Her opinion is no more valid than yours or mine on this issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #1355
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts
    Literally nobody gives a shit.
    Then why are you here?

36. Post #1356
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Lankist the problem with you is that behind the one or two good points you make there are ten or twenty other Facepunchers in this thread who disagree with you and have valid points and instead of addressing them intelligently you argue semantics.
    Please quote one post in this thread in which I "argued semantics".

Also please read this thread.

Because I think you're just using the "semantics" like you heard someplace else as a bullshit ploy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

37. Post #1357
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,057 Posts
    Please don't try to explain to me how rhetoric works, especially when all you know about it comes from Fox News rhetoric.
    So now it's down to plain insults? Good job, talk about shamefulness there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

38. Post #1358
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    I'm not saying that, I'm just throwing in another person's opinion because you appear to make it seem like it's only the people who oppose it are in this thread.

Her opinion is no more valid than yours or mine on this issue.
    Then why the fuck did you decide to mention this lady at all?

She isn't even fucking here. You just said "this girl thinks this other girl is dumb."

Okay? Who gives a shit? Unless you are, in fact, implying her opinion is some degree of sacrosanct, it doesn't fucking matter.

Edited:

So now it's down to plain insults? Good job, talk about shamefulness there.
    Says the guy who has spent thirty minutes calling me an idiot.

I'm sorry, you're offended now? Please, tell me all about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1359
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,190 Posts
    Who gives a shit?
    I think the people in this thread who do actually give a shit quite outnumber the amount of you who do not give a shit.

40. Post #1360
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,504 Posts
    Then why the fuck did you decide to mention this lady at all?

She isn't even fucking here. You just said "this girl thinks this other girl is dumb."

Okay? Who gives a shit? Unless you are, in fact, implying her opinion is some degree of sacrosanct, it doesn't fucking matter.
    the answer is right in the post that you are quoting

"I'm just throwing in another person's opinion because you appear to make it seem like it's only the people who oppose it are in this thread."