1. Post #1
    I AM GOING TO FUCK UP YOUR WALLET SO BADLY YOU'LL BE FEELING IT FOR WEEKS
    March 2007
    10,770 Posts

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8195/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,080 Posts
    Aw, dicks. My XTC install is now boned so that Chinamen can play too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,745 Posts
    oh wow, they're still updating reunion

4. Post #4
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    Are these games worth playing? I have a bunch of them in my steam collection, but i've barely touched them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    Are these games worth playing? I have a bunch of them in my steam collection, but i've barely touched them.
    They have a HUGE learning curve, but once you get over it the game (Terran Conflict) is one of the best experiences in space-game history.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    They have a HUGE learning curve, but once you get over it the game (Terran Conflict) is one of the best experiences in space-game history.
    Yeah, I opened it up once like a year ago, was looking at it, immediately thought "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i'll do this later."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,289 Posts
    Yeah, I opened it up once like a year ago, was looking at it, immediately thought "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i'll do this later."
    It'll take you an hour to get around the interface and whatnot, after that you're good to go. It's definitely one of the best games of the genre. Start with one ship, earn your way to Complexes of multiple stations, capable of self sustaining themselves even, selling shit to all the AI that will dynamically alter their trade routes to find the best deals to buy and sell. Buy and outfit ship upon ship upon ship, Fighters, Traders, Corvettes, Destroyers and Carriers. Ships so big that they need their own transporter ship just to bring Energy Cells to it since it can't dock at normal stations

No other space game is this deep, or open for you to do whatever the fuck you want. Definitely worth playing. Besides, EvE is 10 times worse on the learning curve and that's not so bad. Just hit R, you can see all your property and command every bit of it from that list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    No other space game is this deep, or open for you to do whatever the fuck you want. Definitely worth playing. Besides, EvE is 10 times worse on the learning curve and that's not so bad. Just hit R, you can see all your property and command every bit of it from that list.
    Guess I'll try to play this game. I remember trying to play this a couple of months ago. Took me like 10-15 minutes to fly to the warp gate (or whatever it was called). Took way too long and then afterwards I didn't know what to do. I remember doing the starting tutorial, although not sure if I ever fully completed it.
    Also, I found EVE to be a lot easier to play than this.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,074 Posts
    Either you're talking out your ass or this game is for masochists.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,289 Posts
    Guess I'll try to play this game. I remember trying to play this a couple of months ago. Took me like 10-15 minutes to fly to the warp gate (or whatever it was called). Took way too long and then afterwards I didn't know what to do. I remember doing the starting tutorial, although not sure if I ever fully completed it.
    Ships that have them (Can buy if they don't) have a SETA drive. It speeds up time. Just hit J. In the game options you can change the percentage it increases time all the way up to 1,000%. It'll auto-shutoff if you make a sudden movement, or come too close to an object

Here's a complex I managed to build. Don't remember what all it has other than a few Solar Power Plants. It's all connected so it counts as one station/complex. I was also using the Tubeless complex mod so you wouldn't see a bunch of unsightly tubes connecting it all

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,745 Posts
    Ships that have them (Can buy if they don't) have a SETA drive. It speeds up time. Just hit J. In the game options you can change the percentage it increases time all the way up to 1,000%. It'll auto-shutoff if you make a sudden movement, or come too close to an object

Here's a complex I managed to build. Don't remember what all it has other than a few Solar Power Plants. It's all connected so it counts as one station/complex. I was also using the Tubeless complex mod so you wouldn't see a bunch of unsightly tubes connecting it all

my god get the complex cleaner addon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,289 Posts
    Hell no. I like positioning them then having them stay right there with no hassle. Built the Rose Complex without having 600km of tubes!

13. Post #13
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,852 Posts
    This shows great dedication to the series from a great dev. I have around 100 hours in TC, alone. Gods knows how much in X-BTF, X-Tension and X2.

14. Post #14
    July 2009
    1,214 Posts
    Anyone want to recommend a good joystick for this game?

15. Post #15
    December 2011
    1,673 Posts
    Depends on how much money you want to invest. If you only want to get a joystick just for X3 then get the Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X Flight Stick.

If you plan on getting into flightsims too, then I recommend the Saitek X52.

And when your heartrate increases and your hands start sweating when you look at this:
    Get the Thrustmaster Warthog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,492 Posts
    Gonna try to pick this up again, I think I got the hang of it last time I played it for 2-3 hours, but then I put it down for a little bit and forgot about it again.

17. Post #17
    July 2009
    1,693 Posts
    Non-official translation of TC already existed for a long while.
    Glad to see it is in the game at last.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,289 Posts
    For X3, Any joystick will do. I recommend getting a cheap one of any sort, Just make sure it has a twist stick, and a throttle axis. If you get serious about flight sims, go for the X52/X45/Any that cost $100 or more. A separate throttle quadrant is nice to have, and even nicer still is having a set of peddles for your Rudder.

My setup for Flight Simulators is as follows
    Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold (Which I've had for over 10 years)
    X45 But only use the throttle quadrant
    Microsoft Racing Wheel, to which I use just the Pedals.

It's a pain in the ass sometimes since it's three damn controllers, but they all work just fine together

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,253 Posts
    should i get albion prelude or terran conflict??

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,289 Posts
    You need TC for Albion Prelude. Just grab it, if you like it, Browse the shit ton of mods available for it. Still enjoy it, knab AP