1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,370 Posts
    The Darkest Hour is failing due to nobody joining so I decided to remake this game, this time starting in the year 1900.

Map: Yet to make one (If somebody would be so kind as to make an accurate map of 1900 that would be lovely)

1. Send Personal messages with the nation you wish to choose. If possible read a bit about that country that you have picked and what it did in a few years preceding 1900.

2. After you have picked your nation, you can send in turns, which take the form of:

Military affairs: (Organisation, running, wars, reforms, etc)
    Diplomacy and external affairs: (Deals with other nations, trade, diplomatic bullshit, espionage)
    Economic affairs: (Economic reforms, things to focus in, budget, etc. Note that government intervention in economics is very small at the start.)
    Internal politics and affairs: (Politics, censorship, elections, social and political reforms, propaganda, etc)

(Copy paste)
    Military:
    Diplomacy:
    Economy:
    Internal affairs:

After this I will take in all the turns for processing and then make the next turn.

3. There is also an option for those who wish to be different, revolutionaries.

You use the same country and turn format, but do it as the head of a underground (Hipster) revolutionary party. Your goal is to overthrow the regime and establish yourself as head of state, where you can then run things according to your will. (Depending on certain conditions, a civil war may happen. The revolutionaries can be funded by foreign players, and will grow in strength depending how incapable or capable the heads of state and parties are. A weak ruler and a strong party ruler will see a revolution occur. There may be only one such party for each country though. But another can appear once that party is eliminated or becomes the new state.

4. The map will be edited to reflect territory changes.

I will try to edit things to match changing conditions as I go along. But the general idea is you either run a country, or work as a party to bring it down. Interact and all.

Technologies, inventions, cultural movements and ideas will be partly affected by the player, but for the most part controlled by myself.

Remember to send PM's with your countries name (Or Revolutionary party with country it is in) and the game turn and date.

​THERE IS A TWO EDIT LIMIT, I DO NOT WANT A REPEAT OF SEED EATER'S MASS EDITS

Let's get started.

__________________________________________________ _

TURN 1 Beginnings
    TURN 2 Reforms
    TURN 3 Unrest in Germany
    TURN 4 REVOLUTION
    TURN 5 War
    __________________________________________________ _

Countries Taken:
    United Kingdom - Overpain
    China - Ruskie
    Russia - Intoxicated Spy
    Ethiopia - MountainWatcher
    Germany - [Seed Eater]
    Italy - Liem
    Canada - Ven Keao (sort of)
    Austria-Hungary - KriegsMar1ne
    Poland - Sobotnik
    Ottoman Empire -Daniel Smith
    Guatemala - Zillamaster55
    United States of America - Yersinia
    France - FurFag
    Scandinavia - Robbi

SEND ALL PMs TO PINK PANZER. HE IS THE TEMPORARY GM WHILE I AM GONE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    I'm Uk i reserve this spot. ( Aka Britain, Ireland, Scotland)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,191 Posts
    I call Russia

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    551 Posts
    Inb4 I choose China

I choose China.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,370 Posts
    Send in PMs, you can't call nations in thread.

6. Post #6
    Fuck all y'all, I'm playing cape verde

Edited:

wait, shit, cape verde only got independence on 1970
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,370 Posts
    Fuck all y'all, I'm playing cape verde

Edited:

wait, shit, cape verde only got independence on 1970
    Revolutionary?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,191 Posts
    Send in PMs, you can't call nations in thread.
    Watch me, I CHOOSE YOU, RUSSIA. USE DOUBLE KICK

9. Post #9
    April 2010
    65 Posts
    Excellent, This means that the entire Amazon rainforest is back in play to cut down again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,370 Posts
    Mountain, did you seriously just take Ethiopia?

Ahahahahahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,485 Posts
    Germany. Germany.

12. Post #12
    Ain't nothing wrong with ethiopia. I'm gonna try and grab foreign aid by making a christian bastion.

Edited:

Actually, fuck, revolutionary cape verde sounds a lot better

Edited:

Fuck it, I'll go Ethiopia and free cape verde

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,370 Posts
    Lead the starving children on an attack on Cape Verde?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    What starving children, face? Ethiopia is a proud and mighty country. that's just dirty Cape Verdian propaganda.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

15. Post #15
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    6,763 Posts
    Good to see this got restarted, wanted to join the last one but, well, Lets just say things got out of hand

Edited:

I'ma take Italy

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,485 Posts
    No one join as France. It'll save complications in about 15 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,485 Posts
    Also, I'm not coloring that map.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,370 Posts
    Also, I'm not coloring that map.
    Damn you Seed.

Damn you to hell.

If I provide a half finished map will you color it in?

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,191 Posts
    So, is this thread going to have never ending bitching like the last one?

Edited:

Also I working on coloring the map.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,191 Posts

Does this look right for Europe? Using a map of WW1, may be off a bit

21. Post #21
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,148 Posts

Does this look right for Europe? Using a map of WW1, may be off a bit
    Where's Poland?

22. Post #22
    November 2011
    6,763 Posts
    Where's Poland?
    Hiding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,191 Posts
    Where's Poland?
    Its 1900, so in Germany/Russia Also

And god damn, no fucking map i found is the same, it always showing diffrent terriorty arrangements, so I did my best.

24. Post #24

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,370 Posts
    That map will do, I'll put out a turn later today.

26. Post #26
    July 2011
    1,544 Posts
    Also, you guys need to soften the black colors a bit. Do like the other maps did, territories within a country will just be a darker shade of the country's color, while country/land borders should be black.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,148 Posts
    I'm claiming The Netherlands.
    Military: I will train an army , fit for both invasion and defense.
    Diplomacy: I send a diplomat to the Germans, to establish a military alliance.
    Economy: I will focus my economy weapons, and military vehicles.
    Internal affairs: I try to reform the government into one where the monarchy has all the POWER.

28. Post #28
    You PM it to him, broski.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,191 Posts

Okay, fixed it a bit.

30. Post #30
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    21,841 Posts
    I found a better map:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,191 Posts
    I get a hat? Fuck yea

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,370 Posts
    Empires and Revolutions: Turn 1 - 1900

(SEND IN FLAGS AT 250x150)

Map:

Summary:
    The turn of the century is upon the world. A great century of war and technological advancement has just occured between the darkness of the Napoleonic years and the Industrial Revolution. A few great nations have solidified their places in the world while a few new nations intend to show their might. You will decide what the fate of these nations is.

United Kingdom - Overpain:
    -The Kingdom invests in a strengthened navy, investing heavily in the creation of submarines. As a result, eight submarines are built and three destroyers are built as well.
    -Diplomats are sent to Russia, Canada, and the United States to work out an alliance. Canadians everywhere are confused as to why a diplomat was sent to what is essentially a puppet state under the Confederacy Act. The United States accepts the alliance but still sticks to its Monroe Policy.
    -A new tax is implemented that forces 2% of all income to go straight to the Royal Family. Not many people are happy about this but they go along with it anyway.
    -A large investment is spent in the building of entertainment centers. Great opera houses and large cinemas are built. Happiness improves across the entirety of the UK as a result.

China - Ruskie:
    -The Great Reform begins, its plan is to effectively modernize the Chinese military. It is entirely modeled after the the German General Staff.
    -The military is turned into one of Meritocracy, allowing the accomplishments of its soldiers to allow them to climb the ladder rather than the family name.
    -Experts all around the world are sought after to help begin reforming China, many see China as a worthless cause but a good number still arrive in Beijing.
    -The Boxer Rebellion is ongoing at this point but is being won by the forces that assist China.
    -The economy is changed into a more capitalist format, free enterprise is introduced and businesses around the world flock to this new location for business.
    -Government funding is placed on the improvement of infrastructure, this puts a heavy strain on the Chinese economy due to the heavy military reforms. China is quickly falling behind economically.
    -Paranoia shows through as a great many government officials and generals are "purged" or rather placed in work camps. There is a 58% mortality rate in these camps.
    -The government begins to "westernize", turning into a "democracy" but is still fairly one sided.
    -The administration turns into a meritocracy, following in the military's footsteps.
    -There are reports of rebels being brutally slaughtered across the nation. These reports are generally credited towards the idea of a "secret police".

Russia - Intoxicated Spy:
    -The armies, if they can be called armies, are mobilized and stationed along the borders of Central Europe.
    -Austria-Hungary is invited into an alliance, Austria-Hungary respectfully declines, citing the tensions between Russia and Germany and the strong alliance between Germany and Austria-Hungary.
    -Rifling research begins and subsequently ends with a much more powerful rifle. Is is a bolt-action rifle, allowing more efficiency in firing.
    -The idea of a mobile artillery unit is surfaced and research begins on this idea. A prototype is built but is abandoned due to its incredible sluggishness.
    -A vote is called around the nation for which type of government they would wish to have. 10% vote continued monarchy, 46% vote democracy, and 44% vote communism.
    -Poland asks for a small amount of independence.

Ethiopia - MountainWatcher (I still can't believe you chose Ethiopia):
    -The military budget is increased by 15%, putting an incredible strain on a weak economy.
    -A message is sent to Europe falsly claiming that the country of Ethiopia is extensively civilized and religious.
    -Mining efforts increase and diamond yield increases as a result.
    -The process of building a great cathedral, yet to be named, is started. The leader of Ethiopia forces the government to become a theocracy.

Germany - [Seed Eater]:
    -The top five private businesses are hastily shoved into worker control. The upper class of Germany cries foul.
    -A reason for this is also hastily brought forward, citing it being a result of pressure from the Social Democratic Party. The SDP is fully endorsed by the Kaiser.
    -The seats of the Reichstag are opened for free election. Many members stay put but a few are replaced by SDP members.
    -All researching power is put into the increase of efficiency in the output of food.

Brazil - Stethor (Turn one and a large turn to start, how lovely ):
    -Local police militias are established, the formal military force is abolished. The economy begins to flourish.
    -Communications begin with the European powers to negotiate trade. Austria-Hungary and Sweden wholeheartedly agree to a trade agreement with Brazil.
    -South Africa and Peru both agree to import foods into Brazil.
    -Coffee and Sugar are heavily produced and exported.
    -Heavy investment is placed in the improvement of communications.
    -European countries are contacted, they are asked if they wish to have a bit of the Amazon Rainforest. I forsee disaster.
    -An election occurs that is most likely rigged, the outcome is a ratio of 8-2
    -Propaganda is distributed, closely tying the revolution in Brazil to the American and French revolutions. This keeps the civilian populace ignorant and happy.

Italy - Liem:
    -A reform begins with the intention of modernizing the military, this puts a strain on the economy but not enough of one to damage too much.
    -The borders are fortified in paranoia of an attack.
    -Working class men are encouraged to enlist in the military. An influx of enlistment begins as a result.
    -Cheese and other dairy products are subsidized to sustain them, these productions flourish.

Canada - Ven Keao (He's still with us in spirit, influencing DPennington to do his bidding...that bastard):
    -The idea of a mobile artillery platform comes about but isn't seriously considered due to the lack of practicality at the moment.
    -Submarines are developed, modeled after their British counter-parts.
    -The idea of an automatic rifle is also surfaced but isn't very seriously considered as well, although a private institution begins the development of one.
    -A non-aggression pact is signed and sent to the United States, the US agrees to it.
    -(Goddamn it, here we go) Maple Syrup is advertised heavily and exported.
    -A minimum wage is developed after citing the lack of humane conditions in factories, the lower class is greatly pleased by this but still unhappy with the amount of children working.
    -The concept of "shifts" at the factories is implemented, allowing these factories to run 24/7. The output that is a result is astounding.
    -Mining and oil-drilling begins around the nation, increasing the worth of Canada and its economy.
    -The government begins shifting its ideals to that of a Marxist-Communist one, much to the upper-class' dismay.
    -Socialized health-care is established, allowing for everybody to gain access to healthcare.
    -Socialized education is also established, allowing a basic education from K-12.
    -Military service is required for at least one year for anybody between the ages of 18-25. If they continue to serve for another year they will receive a free year of college. A max of four years (eight years of service) can be acquired.
    -Canada has established itself in the forefront of all things economic due to its ability to exploit its natural minerals and market its goods.

Music:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2011
    6,763 Posts
    Cheese will become the national food of Italy, Replacing Maple Syrup........

34. Post #34

35. Post #35
    The military budget is increased by 15%, putting an incredible strain on a weak economy.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    551 Posts
    The military budget is increased by 15%, putting an incredible strain on a weak economy.

Why do you need to increase the budget anyway? Ethiopia beat Italy only 4 years ago

37. Post #37
    Well, holy shit. Meh, more is better, I'm gonna conquer the shit out of my neighbors.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,191 Posts
    Well, holy shit. Meh, more is better, I'm gonna conquer the shit out of my neighbors.
    Your neighbors are colonies of France, Brittan, and Italy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Don't even think of conquering me or you will get attacks both from sea and air.

Also question to gm : Well, as far as i know in that age education were mandatory , but as well it was in Canada, and it was put in ven's turn. Do i have to put it again or it is already done? Also what's eta of the next turn?

40. Post #40
    Fucking hell,you're right. Italy, since when are you a colonial power, goddamn it?