1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,417 Posts
    So I got a second BenQ XL2420T monitor after my last one suffered fairly bad back light bleeding and clouding in the centre of the screen.

I got my second one today, no dead pixels or the problem above, except for this:

I get this JUST on standard mode. Not on movie mode, not on photo mode, not on FPS mode either. It happens when the RGB is 100/100/100.

However, if I tone the red down to 96, it disappears.

Me being slightly OCD, I feel I should replace this for this little problem mostly because it's new; I paid 260 and I shouldn't have to be adjusting my settings to counter this red colour in the corner.

2. Post #2
    Asshole Extraordinaire
    Dennab
    May 2005
    3,705 Posts
    If you paid that much for the monitor, it's unacceptable to have a problem like that. I'd send it back and tell them to give you a new one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,417 Posts
    Going to have to live with it until monday and send back for tuesday, I will return, thanks!

Edited:

What if the next one has backlight bleed or a dead pixel? This currently hasn't.

4. Post #4
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,830 Posts
    What if the next one has backlight bleed or a dead pixel? This currently hasn't.
    Then you RMA that one?

Truth be told I dunno why you bought another one when your first one was so problem ridden

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,417 Posts
    Then you RMA that one?

Truth be told I dunno why you bought another one when your first one was so problem ridden
    A large majority have found no problems, luck of the lottery. I LOVE this screen for the sake of 120hz. I'm also fine with the colours and gave the colour enhancement a boost in the Nvidia control panel by 10%. Looks fine for me and i'll do my best to get a good one.

This is a screen I want to last me for a while for gaming. I will still be in the market for a decent IPS or monitor for films in the future.