1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,236 Posts
    I can see they put a lot of thought into their website.

http://aamfp.com/
    i like the concept art, it's got a steampunky vibe to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Is this DLC or standalone?
    Standalone. It's a semi-sequel. Set in the same universe, but it's a rather different thing set in a different time and place. Most of the development is being done by the guys who did the Dear Esther remake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,238 Posts
    Standalone. It's a semi-sequel. Set in the same universe, but it's a rather different thing set in a different time and place. Most of the development is being done by the guys who did the Dear Esther remake.
    They made the original as well as the remake, they also made the Half Life 2 mod Korsakovia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Really? That mod was really well written, but badly made. They should do a remake of that, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,236 Posts
    so many awesome people working on this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #46
    November 2010
    5,273 Posts
    I was surprised to see TheChineseRoom's name there, we're gonna have some sexy ass environments I think then.
    Yeah. And prepare to shit yourself even more, because the soundtrack and ambiance is going to get a whole lot creepier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Ah this game is going to be amazing.

I recall somewhere Frictional saying they didn't try very hard to make Amnesia 1 scary, and that they were going to actually be trying in their next product. Prepare for this game to be way more frightening than the first one.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,650 Posts
    A:TDD scared me shitless but it was so enjoyable. I eagerly await this. By the way, how much did the first cost on release? I bought it during a steam sale

9. Post #49
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,389 Posts
    Alright! Another game to buy and never play!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,373 Posts
    Amnesia in my opinion was not as scary as Penumbra / Black Plague. Maybe if they add a penalty for dying in this game...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    I agree, the Penumbra series was far superior. (besides the 3rd one) Amnesia stopped being scary about half way through once I realized 90% of the threat was the same thing, and were easily avoidable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,936 Posts
    I didn't like that to be honest. What got me in Dark Descent was the sense of entrapment. Being out and about in a open town as opposed to suffering from claustrophobia while your walking down hallways through a hellish castle just doesn't sound as scary.
    They're reversing it this time. It's got a mixture of closturphobia (it looks like you're hiding under stairs) and agoraphobia.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,362 Posts
    I was surprised to see TheChineseRoom's name there, we're gonna have some sexy ass environments I think then.
    The guy who did the mapping for Dear Esther has nothing to do with TheChineseRoom, they just did the original mod and helped out with writing and stuff with the remake, so unfortunately he won't be working on this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    November 2010
    5,273 Posts
    The guy who did the mapping for Dear Esther has nothing to do with TheChineseRoom, they just did the original mod and helped out with writing and stuff with the remake, so unfortunately he won't be working on this game.
    I'm pretty sure the music composer is on board though.

15. Post #55
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,529 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the music composer is on board though.
    Not bad then.

16. Post #56
    Follow me, satisfaction guaranteed!
    August 2010
    2,276 Posts
    this sound alone made the game just the most terrifying fucking thing for me

FUCK just hearing it alone makes me wanna run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    May 2011
    3,006 Posts
    Time to buy new diapers.

So instead of Irish people with exploded faces, you're gonna be hiding from man-sized pigs?

It looks kinda cool.
    German people, you mean. Prussia is a part of Germany now. (Unless I missed part of the story somehow that says they're Irish).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #58
    September 2009
    12,244 Posts
    I agree, the Penumbra series was far superior. (besides the 3rd one) Amnesia stopped being scary about half way through once I realized 90% of the threat was the same thing, and were easily avoidable.
    I think they were mostly focusing on the atmosphere and the things that you cannot 100% control. (I count the ability to run away and hide a form of control)

Fucking Amnesia gave me hydrophobia for a moment.

19. Post #59
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,430 Posts
    I can't wait for 10,000 youtube videos of people playing this game whilst making high pitched noises

I'm actually going to enjoy the fuck out of this   
    The Amnesia sequel's gonna make them squeal like a pig. (suueeeeey!)

Also, why the hell can't I pre-order this game yet?

20. Post #60
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,274 Posts
    Time to buy new diapers.

German people, you mean. Prussia is a part of Germany now. (Unless I missed part of the story somehow that says they're Irish).
    It's been ages since I played it, but I swear there's a bit in the wine cellar where you hear a flashback of an Irish guy talking about being allowed to drink as much wine as thy want, before complaining about feeling sick and then screaming in horror as his friends start blowing up. It's in the room with all the gore in it. And then you get something and then straight after one of the gatherers shows up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gave me a vibe similar to Pathologic, but instead of    the entire town being a cow with the heart being poisoned by a non-euclidian fortress-spike causing all of the people to begin dying    it is a pig

22. Post #62
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,768 Posts
    Holy shit Chinese Room out of fucking nowhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,066 Posts
    I hope the creatures wont disappear after awhile and actually wander as you try to avoid them. Since that'll give it a challenge and make it creepy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

24. Post #64
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    oh my fucking god YES this is going to be fantastic

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    358 Posts
    I really want to know how to get the track which plays at the end of the trailer.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,936 Posts
    Add a bit of workshop support and I think we have a day 1 buy.

27. Post #67
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,541 Posts
    I'm very interested in the story. Already know a bit about it but i am curious how it will work out and stuff

I imagine that the 'machine' will look fucking terrifying, also if it hasn't been noticed before the new Amnesia engine supports large open areas so its not just a few alleys where you can walk in between, there will be entire sets of towns and such, though i will miss the claustrophobic feeling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    My god, Kramer knew it all along
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    joh
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    714 Posts
    This looks awesome. The image of a man-pig enemy is quite freaky and I love the new outdoor environments. I look forward to seeing more of this!

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,435 Posts
    The guy who did the environments and the level design for the Dear Esther remake (and took the initiative to make it) isn't a part of thechineseroom,

Edited:

pretty hyped for this, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,870 Posts
    I've been waiting to see some footage of this for a while and it didn't disappoint. Really excited.

Though, I'm more excited about how The Chinese Room is involved in the process. They know their shit when it comes to level design and making things look good.

32. Post #72
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    I commented on the recycled Daniel gasping sound effects, and the machine for pigs technical sound designer replied

They will be changed don't worry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    From what I understand pigs is a metaphor for humans in this game. I just love the depth in the Amnesia games, I'm going to really enjoy uncovering the mysteries and story of this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    Okay

Penumbra:
    Worms
    One enemy who really wasn't that scary(talked, so identifiable on some level)
    Dogs

Amnesia:
    The Grunt
    The Brute
    The Shadow

So explain to me how exactly one game has more 'threat' than the other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

35. Post #75
    December 2009
    3,692 Posts
    yesyesyesyesyes

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Don't forget the water monster.

In any case I really like Penumbra equally as much. The series has an awesome setting and atmosphere aswell.

37. Post #77
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    Okay

Penumbra:
    Worms
    One enemy who really wasn't that scary(talked, so identifiable on some level)
    Dogs

Amnesia:
    The Grunt
    The Brute
    The Shadow

So explain to me how exactly one game has more 'threat' than the other.
    You forgot the spiders and the infected.
    Anyway, wow, this game is going to be fucking awesome, but i don't really get the whole pigman theme, i though the title of the game was kind of irrelevant since the quote was something like ''This world is a machine fit only for pigs.''
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    Amnesia in my opinion was not as scary as Penumbra / Black Plague. Maybe if they add a penalty for dying in this game...
    Not entirely sure that this is what you're saying, but the way you phrase it makes it sound like there was a penalty for death in Penumbra.

(There wasn't.)

Anyway, wow, this game is going to be fucking awesome, but i don't really get the whole pigman theme, i though the title of the game was kind of irrelevant since the quote was something like ''This world is a machine fit only for pigs.''
    I didn't forget the infected, and AFAIK the spiders don't actually appear as enemies in any game after the first, which also was not really terribly frightening, and even worse, had combat, which really detracted from the horror.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Can't make a statment yet but we'll just have to see, game seems to be crawling with symbolism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #80
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    I didn't forget the infected, and AFAIK the spiders don't actually appear as enemies in any game after the first, which also was not really terribly frightening, and even worse, had combat, which really detracted from the horror.
    Don't you remember the spider tunnel chase?
    One of the more memorable parts of Overture, and a bit frightening, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)