1. Post #1
    I want Harry inside me <3
    Dennab
    December 2010
    767 Posts

Boxes everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,259 Posts
    why do grown men still play with toys? I get it if its just one or two, but a collection of ponies?

I just don't get the appeal anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2006
    200 Posts
    why do grown men still play with toys? I get it if its just one or two, but a collection of ponies?I just don't get the appeal anymore
    did you watch the video at all. even for a second. i think he makes fair points. why would anyone care what anyone else likes? people that hate this fandom have just as much assburgers as those that love it, that's the irony. just do what you like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 2Optimistic x 2Funny x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,140 Posts
    most uncool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    I really don't care.

I mean if the guy likes playing with ponies why does it matter to me, it isn't harming anyone in anyway, I say let him enjoy his life. Why people spend so much of their time raging over such trivial shit is beyond me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,569 Posts
    Seems TH89 got his cousin into it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,969 Posts
    He liked My Little Pony before "Friendship is Magic" apparently.

He's like a super brony.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,569 Posts
    He liked My Little Pony before "Friendship is Magic" apparently.

He's like a super brony.
    super brony
    God help us all...

Edited:

I was imagining some neckbearded brony superhero in a cape flying around and spreading "love and tolerance", didn't mean anything against Andrew W.K.
    Perhaps I was misunderstood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,701 Posts
    God help us all...
    Why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #10
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    God help us all...
    Seriously why does it matter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2010
    2,405 Posts
    I follow him and Deadmau5 both on Facebook and Twitter, so I was a bit confused logging in to both, and seeing these (The FB one is straightforward, but read the Twitter one from bottom to top).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

12. Post #12
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,915 Posts
    We get it, men want to have sex with ponies

It's the same old song and dance every thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    Frog Member
    February 2008
    2,569 Posts
    Seriously why does it matter.
    I was imagining some neckbearded brony superhero in a cape flying around and spreading "love and tolerance", didn't mean anything against Andrew W.K.

if my illustration skills were decent I would've included a drawing, but now it looks like nobody understands my post and I'll be condemned to a fort made of boxes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    It's a very strange juxtaposition I have to admit, him talking about ponies on his twitter with his bloody and violent album cover.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,522 Posts
    Andrew WK is a cool dude, his weekly streams bring up some interesting stories
    like how at early cannibal corpse shows people used to put razor blades on their boots to try and cut peoples achilles tendons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #16
    May 2007
    858 Posts
    It's a very strange juxtaposition I have to admit, him talking about ponies on his twitter with his bloody and violent album cover.
    we are talking about Andre here, you know the very serious guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,544 Posts
    because i think the whole brony thing is just a massive bandwagon that people jumped on to get attention because they are too antisocial to make friends any other way except with an insanely stupid mass of bandwagon shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2010
    2,405 Posts
    because i think the whole brony thing is just a massive bandwagon that people jumped on to get attention because they are too antisocial to make friends any other way except with an insanely stupid mass of bandwagon shit.
    Nah, we just like the show, no utter motive (for me atleast, but I don't fall into the bad, or brilliant part, I just watch, I don't contribute to the art/writing/everything.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    16,328 Posts
    he says ponies so oddly
    maybe its just because i heard that word like 200 times in the last minute but it starts to sound like bonies or tonies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2012
    406 Posts
    Andrew WK has a perfectly good reason for liking MLP. While I may not agree with it, it is still a valid point because he proves that he has been fascinated with those kinds of toys since a child (due to his lack of a relationship with real life animals). But for those of you in high-school, or those who just graduated high school, or even those in middle school; how many "bronys" do you see? At my high school (I am graduated), WAY TO FUCKING MANY. These kids who like MLP all seem to share common qualities. Example, they are all weird as fuck. All of this people you would say that you would NEVER communicate with before they exclaimed their like of MLP, now you want to stay even farther away from them because they like that show. They even go as far as to wear the shirts, key chains on their backpacks, and hats with MLP on them. Talk about social suicide. I tried to keep a neutral stand point on this issue, but I am disgusted with the way my school was. 16 and 17 year old BOYS flaunting around with apparel and merchandise from a show that makes you look like a complete pussy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    Firstly how are you sure some people just like the show in an ordinary fashion (personally I've never seen it, but it's not something that intrests me)

In response to the antisocial bandwagon bit, once again I ask why do you care? If those people are happy with what they're doing why be an asshole and insult them.

Edited:

Andrew WK has a perfectly good reason for liking MLP. While I may not agree with it, it is still a valid point because he proves that he has been fascinated with those kinds of toys since a child (due to his lack of a relationship with real life animals). But for those of you in high-school, or those who just graduated high school, or even those in middle school; how many "bronys" do you see? At my high school (I am graduated), WAY TO FUCKING MANY. These kids who like MLP all seem to share common qualities. Example, they are all weird as fuck. All of this people you would say that you would NEVER communicate with before they exclaimed their like of MLP, now you want to stay even farther away from them because they like that show. They even go as far as to wear the shirts, key chains on their backpacks, and hats with MLP on them. Talk about social suicide. I tried to keep a neutral stand point on this issue, but I am disgusted with the way my school was. 16 and 17 year old BOYS flaunting around with apparel and merchandise from a show that makes you look like a complete pussy.
    From an outsiders perspective it would almost seem to me like people flock to MLP because they're looking for a community they can actually socialize with, which is probably why a lot of people in the fandom have social disorders (which I don't get why a lot of facepuncher are so vulgar about, someone having Autism for instance isn't something to laugh about) or are just extremely antisocial. Why is this a big deal, they're happy, you're uninvolved and life goes on.

My point to you is why does this offend you, why does this harm you, I mean aside from thinking these people are ridiculous or look silly you don't actually have to communicate with them or anything, you could just you know, not care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    April 2006
    5,505 Posts
    I think he's just taking the piss again, he really does like to stir shit up and watch the reactions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Who cares, hes still a cool guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,701 Posts
    I'm just going to say right away that I'm not a brony nor have I ever watched the show, I could honestly care less about a show about ponies going about doing their pony things. I just don't understand why everyone gets so butthurt over other people enjoying something that they like, no matter how weird it may seem to everyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #25
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    did you watch the video at all. even for a second. i think he makes fair points. why would anyone care what anyone else likes? people that hate this fandom have just as much assburgers as those that love it, that's the irony. just do what you like.

Its not the cartoon. Its that people have some stupid ass urge to tell everyone, "I watch MLP".
    Like you said, who gives a fuck. When you openly tell everyone that you like to watch a cartoon with a target audience of little girls, prepare to be made fun of. I mean, yes you can watch it with friends or whatever if you enjoy it, that's not a big deal honestly. But you don't go around announcing that you watch it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    Its not the cartoon. Its that people have some stupid ass urge to tell everyone, "I watch MLP".
    Like you said, who gives a fuck. When you openly tell everyone that you like to watch a cartoon with a target audience of little girls, prepare to be made fun of. I mean, yes you can watch it with friends or whatever if you enjoy it, that's not a big deal honestly. But you don't go around announcing that you watch it.
    But why do you care if people are being attention whores, perhaps they're insecure which causes them to reflect those feelings outwardly by defending the reasons they like MLP or the fact they watch MLP. Also as I mentioned it seems depressing a lot of those people liking the show are actually clearly struggle with socializing, or do have some kind of disorder. Why not let them be happy and enjoy themselves?

Do you really have to go around being an asshole to people, it doesn't benefit you in anyway nor would your life drastically change if you knew or saw a couple of bronies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2012
    406 Posts
    Firstly how are you sure some people just like the show in an ordinary fashion (personally I've never seen it, but it's not something that intrests me)

In response to the antisocial bandwagon bit, once again I ask why do you care? If those people are happy with what they're doing why be an asshole and insult them.

Edited:

From an outsiders perspective it would almost seem to me like people flock to MLP fandom not because they like the show, but because they're looking for a community they can actually socialize with, which is probably why a lot of people in the fandom have social disorders (which I don't get why a lot of facepuncher are so vulgar about, someone having Autism for instance isn't something to laugh about) or are just extremely antisocial.

My point to you is why does this offend you, why does this harm you, I mean aside from thinking these people are ridiculous or look silly you don't actually have to communicate with them or anything, you could just you know, not care.
    I don't know why, I cant explain it. There are VERY few things on this planet that can cause unexplained disgust from me. Just the fact that I live amongst the same species who created this show upsets me. I actually did try watching the first episode on YouTube, because it became popular so quickly, so rapidly, that I had to see what it was all about. Just reading the title of the show, and seeing the main characters, I pretty much knew what to expect. And I was not wrong at all, I only got the part in the first episode where they meet a horse that picks apples. I found absolutely no interest in the show, and even felt embarrassed for watching THAT much of it. The title sequence alone make me want to just castrate myself.
    I COULD NOT imagine explaining to my parents (or anybody) that I like this show. It seems like a guilty pleasure that you keep as secure as possible, as to not let anyone discover it. I think I would rather memorize interpretive dance and put on a show for my parents, rather than endure an episode of that show with them sitting with me as I watched it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

28. Post #28
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    But why do you care if people are being attention whores, perhaps they're insecure which causes them to reflect those feelings outwardly by defending the reasons they like MLP or the fact they watch MLP. Also as I mentioned it seems depressing a lot of those people liking the show are actually clearly struggle with socializing, or do have some kind of disorder. Why not let them be happy and enjoy themselves?

Do you really have to go around being an asshole to people, it doesn't benefit you in anyway nor would your life drastically change if you knew or saw a couple of bronies.
    Me personally, I don't give a shit and ignore them for the most part. But if you announce this to the public, herd mentality kicks in and you will be made fun of, there is no avoiding it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    Aren't you bandwagoning on pony hate right now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,810 Posts
    It's a thing you use to identify yourself with, or to break the ice during first encounters with others. People with social problems would rather say "Hi my name is John and I am a brony" instead using their awkward conversation skills to explain themselves.

It's just a cliche, just like how I identify myself as an airsofter and PC gamer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    I don't know why, I cant explain it. There are VERY few things on this planet that can cause unexplained disgust from me. Just the fact that I live amongst the same species who created this show upsets me. I actually did try watching the first episode on YouTube, because it became popular so quickly, so rapidly, that I had to see what it was all about. Just reading the title of the show, and seeing the main characters, I pretty much knew what to expect. And I was not wrong at all, I only got the part in the first episode where they meet a horse that picks apples. I found absolutely no interest in the show, and even felt embarrassed for watching THAT much of it. The title sequence alone make me want to just castrate myself.
    I COULD NOT imagine explaining to my parents (or anybody) that I like this show. It seems like a guilty pleasure that you keep as secure as possible, as to not let anyone discover it. I think I would rather memorize interpretive dance and put on a show for my parents, rather than endure an episode of that show with them sitting with me as I watched it.
    But my point is this shouldn't be something that disgusts you. Murders, warfare and famine are going on in other countries every day and yet it seems people are more focused on raging over a bunch of people liking a young girls TV Show.

Like I said though why does it matter, you know you don't like this show just like I do, you know you don't like bronies, so why bicker about it, them existing doesn't affect you, you could choose to ignore them at your leisure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,810 Posts
    They move further away from intolerant shitheads like you and towards friends that share similar interests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    Me personally, I don't give a shit and ignore them for the most part. But if you announce this to the public, herd mentality kicks in and you will be made fun of, there is no avoiding it.
    I certainly wouldn't associate with people who are bronies because they have nothing in common with me. Though I see no reason to insult them or pay any attention to what they've decided to do, maybe that's just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,290 Posts
    I don't think I'd hate mlp quite as much if I didn't hear about it so damn often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

35. Post #35
    August 2010
    878 Posts
    A reaction this violent seems far more like a disturbing sign of mental illness to me than someone liking something that other people tell them they shouldn't because of their gender.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,701 Posts
    Well then you're a fucking weirdo. You're seriously upset because you're part of the same species that created some little kid's show? Grow up dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,960 Posts
    I don't think I'd hate mlp quite as much if I didn't hear about it so damn often.
    This is the fundamental issue to all of this. Both sides are stupid in that they think having your opinion on technicolored donkeys said is so fucking important. Why do you think threads like this are posted, even though everyone is aware of how ponies are received here?

It is the foremost of internet first world problems. Everyone has a strong opinion about it that they can't shut up about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2012
    406 Posts
    But my point is this shouldn't be something that disgusts you. Murders, warfare and famine are going on in over countries every day and yet it seems people are more focused on raging over a bunch of people liking a young girls TV Show.

Like I said though why does it matter, you know you don't like this show just like I do, you know you don't like bronies, so why bicker about it, them existing doesn't affect you, you could choose to ignore them at your leisure.
    The sad part is, and I feel like a real prick for saying this, obnoxious bronies USED TO (not anymore because I graduated high school) USED TO bother me more than lets say, a man starving to death in Africa. That is because in my tiny, little, microcosm of a life; I woke up, went to school, came home, and went to bed pretty much everyday. Some extracurricular activities ensued between those points, but for the most part, that is a condensed version of my life up until I graduated high school.

It is an undisputed fact that most of what we learn about social life, we learn about in high school. Whenever i am exposed to bronys for a good portion of my day, and then coming home to a website that I thought I could find some comfort in, and find out that it has been riddled with abject nonsense about MLP, then it has effected my life. While you may not have a MLP avatar, and you are also tame about keeping it yourself, I appreciate that.

I guess you could call it a first world problem, but I blame society's tolerance for the degree to which bronys are allowed to profess their fandom. Around the 80's is when having an obsession over something became more socially acceptable. I do not think that people who are a fan of anything should be condemned or persecuted, I just wish they would keep it to themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I certainly wouldn't associate with people who are bronies because they have nothing in common with me. Though I see no reason to insult them or pay any attention to what they've decided to do, maybe that's just me.
    I have very little in common with a lot of my friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

40. Post #40
    August 2010
    878 Posts
    The sad part is, and I feel like a real prick for saying this, obnoxious bronies USED TO (not anymore because I graduated high school) USED TO bother me more than lets say, a man starving to death in Africa.
    Okay, I was mostly kidding before, but now I'm really concerned for you. You have a problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)